• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LSU - Wisconsin Game Thread/10k post

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected us to lose the game. I did not expect us to lose the game after having a 17 point lead in the third.

LSU didn't even play all that well - who the hell takes a delay of game to start a half? - but it was good enough. Meanwhile our quarterback is alternating throwing bombs to wide-open, invisible receivers and throwing them to guys who cannot get away from coverage. Both teams have room for improvement. LSU can improve by not taking silly penalties, getting their running game involved much earlier, and not tackling with their legs. Wisconsin can improve by snapping up some wide receivers in free agen... oh. Oh no.

Was a neat atmosphere, though. It'll be fun to do it again in Lambeau in a few years. Good luck to LSU going forward, but not too much luck. I have a feeling we might need it.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say that was one hell of a game to the Wisky fans. I been saying for a while it was going to be a damn good game and I think most peers kinda shrugged. I knew the only way LSU could come back is if they forced McEvoy to beat them through the air. Tigers made a good comeback, but the Badgers played a hell of a game. I expect yall to win out.

I don't, but I appreciate the nice thoughts! Good luck to you guys; how realistic is it for YOU to win out?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reggie-miller-choke-o.gif

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't, but I appreciate the nice thoughts! Good luck to you guys; how realistic is it for YOU to win out?

Wish I could say good, but truthfully we are so damn young. The only thing making me feel a little better is 6 major contributors did not make the trip. I think Bama, Ole Miss, Auby, A&M, and even Arky are going to be toss up games. I felt much more confident yesterday than I do now. It all depends on how fast this team can grow up. I will say the playoffs looks to be very wide open after today.

Edit: forgot Florida can't count out the Gators in Gainsville

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the guy who called the Wisconsin choke earlier?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF! Went to bed with a 17 pt lead and woke up to this? Typical B1G

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LSU and LSU fans.

In order for Nebraska to beat Wisconsin, Nebraska needs to execute a fake punt properly, let Gordon run a little, and get McIlvoy to throw the ball at anywhere on the field.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF! Went to bed with a 17 pt lead and woke up to this? Typical B1G

Lol! Me too. Both QB's looked pretty bad.....it looks like LSU opened up the play book a little in the 4th qrtr. Wisky better be happy the rest of their schedule is joke (aside from Nebraska), because I can see their passing game taking a month or more to get going.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the guy who called the Wisconsin choke earlier?

Right here... Blind homers were agitated for this obvious statement but it was inevitable. It's so simple give the ball to Gordon in the second half and we win by 4+ TD's Gordon ends up with 200+ yds and 3 TD's and we're talked about as NC favorites after essentialy a road win vs LSU and Gordon is now the Heisman front runner. Instead we bench the best player in the game after a 50 yd run and throw bombs for int's and in completions.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit dude. You've posted shit like that even when we were on ESPN. Semi-clever? You've never been semi-clever in your life. You've been all out homer all the time, but never, ever have you posted and not believed what you posted, so don't try to pass off that bull shit...not buying, so stop trying to sell...

Go back and find the Badger-Kentucky Final Four game thread where he tries to justify the Badgers loss on a last second three pointer as a "better loss" then Michigan's loss to Kentucky on a last second three pointer because Wisconsin took "quality shots" during the game as opposed to Michigan....even though shot attempts, selections, and percentages all said they were basically even. Dude is a complete homer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo I kinda nodded off and woke up to LSU taking a knee.

From what I remember Jennings looked pretty terrible. I saw Harris come in call a timeout and run option and lose yards. But I checked box score and he didn't throw? Why not give him a real chance? I mean they came back and won so I guess all is well for them, but say you want to give both guys snaps and then never let him throw is strange.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisc. qb looked athletic, but he couldn't throw AT all, so I'm not sure I agree with the QB switch. You already have enough rbs, you don't need your qb to run too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a comeback.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right here... Blind homers were agitated for this obvious statement but it was inevitable. It's so simple give the ball to Gordon in the second half and we win by 4+ TD's Gordon ends up with 200+ yds and 3 TD's and we're talked about as NC favorites after essentialy a road win vs LSU and Gordon is now the Heisman front runner. Instead we bench the best player in the game after a 50 yd run and throw bombs for int's and in completions.

Shut the fuck up and die. You are the douchebag that calls out Stave 24/7. Then we lose entirely because they didn't start Stave, and you are going to try to take a victory lap because we choked? Really?

We would have won easily if we fed Gordon the rock in the second. It was the stupidest decision I can ever recall from an OC. He came back specifically to be the guy, and they do this to him in his signature moment. That said, we would also have won if we started Stave. He might make some mistakes, but he has a damn big arm and he sees the field well. In 19 starts, he's never had a stinker like that.

Instead of acting like a punk and claiming victory, how about you apologize for your anti-Stave rants? Maybe if our fanbase had embraced Stave more and recognized his solid performances in most of the game, we'd both be celebrating a nice win.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up and die.

Oh man lol. This is exactly the kind of post you want to see first thing in the morning in you are an LSU fan. I really miss reading Sparty fans posts like this. Good times.