• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lost respect for jamie baker

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
didn't know he had any respect to begin with lol but i am also a flyers fan lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty serious allegations, see if it's true soon enough. Though how can they prove they the the game?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jamie Baker, was a coach for a girls hockey team.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Mcellelan is still head coach of the sharks

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing any hockey game is pretty pathetic, but to do it in a 16AA league? Really? Those coaches are scum. Exactly the type of people you don't want teaching your kid how to play hockey. Glad to hear Baker wasn't part of the coaching in this one.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not buying the crackhawks explanation, but its not the first time in youth sports something like that has happened either.

Teams have thrown games several times in the past for favorable playoff seeding or to make another team have a tougher road. I don't agree with how it was done. But this is probably getting blown out of proportion.

I'm sure there has been more then one or 2 football,basketball, or baseball games at high levels that have been thrown and been thrown to make a certain point differential.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Purdy: Scandal on the ice for Santa Clara Blackhawks hockey team - San Jose Mercury News

Like i said lost respect cant believe anyone would sink to that level, let alone an ex pro.

The report on the SC Blackhawks home site says Baker wasn't in attendence for that game. You have to sign up for a log-in ID to read it otherwise I'd just link it directly. Certainly looks like he had input on how to approach the game.

Nothing wrong with what they were attempting to do, though they should have just forfieted instead of taking the ice. A meaningless game scheduled to start just four hours before the start of a qualifying game is extremely poor tourney management. Granted I don't organize a bunch of Bantam tourneys in California, none the last two years to be exact, but qualifing games should never be held on the same day as any other part of the tournement.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The report on the SC Blackhawks home site says Baker wasn't in attendence for that game. You have to sign up for a log-in ID to read it otherwise I'd just link it directly. Certainly looks like he had input on how to approach the game.

Nothing wrong with what they were attempting to do, though they should have just forfieted instead of taking the ice. A meaningless game scheduled to start just four hours before the start of a qualifying game is extremely poor tourney management. Granted I don't organize a bunch of Bantam tourneys in California, none the last two years to be exact, but qualifing games should never be held on the same day as any other part of the tournement.

They did the same thing to the Sacramento Jr team last year, where they had to play something stupid in san jose earlier in the day then travel to Stockton to play another game.

I agree, forefit or put your lesser talented players out there, or b squad.

I'm sure the fact that it involved a tougher road for the LA Selects has a lot to do with it, politics with that team is off the charts as well. Especially with the big names associated with that program

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly never had respect for Bakes even before this incident. Baker comes off as a smug, arrogant, know-it-all asshole on TV and Radio. He was a below average hockey player that scored a lucky ass goal and lucky (there's that word again) for him, it turned out to be one of the biggest goals in this franchise's short history. That basically guaranteed him a job with the Sharks for life and again not because he was a good player or a respected hockey man, it's because he got LUCKY. Fuck you Bakes! lol seriously, I can't stand the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly never had respect for Bakes even before this incident. Baker comes off as a smug, arrogant, know-it-all asshole on TV and Radio. He was a below average hockey player that scored a lucky ass goal and lucky (there's that word again) for him, it turned out to be one of the biggest goals in this franchise's short history. That basically guaranteed him a job with the Sharks for life and again not because he was a good player or a respected hockey man, it's because he got LUCKY. Fuck you Bakes! lol seriously, I can't stand the guy.

Don't hold back MacJ, tell us how you really feel! :ear:

In all honesty this sort of thing isn't all that uncommon. It sounds like it's being made into much more than it should be.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To correct myself here. According to the SC Blackhawks website...

...Baker, who was not in attendance for the game due to scheduling conflicts with his commitment to the San Jose Sharks Organization...

However there is video that looks like he is behind the bench. I can't tell for sure but it looks like him.

Anyways, the implications this had on the other teams make it worse and certainly not a meaningless game. Goal differential and byes in U16 with qualifiers scheduled the same day as crossovers? The tourney director should be ashamed and fired.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I was never really impressed with Baker as a player. I don't dislike him though. Especially not as much as you :D

I'm a rare Sharks fan in that I always hated Marchment. I hate guys that are dirty players and Marchment was dirty on purpose. I love players that hate to lose.....but not when it involves injuring a player with no remorse on a dirty hit.

As for the incident, I tend to agree with Cmon. I think the guy who coordinated the tourney should be in the line of fire more so than the coaches. It happens all the time in sports.....just maybe not as transparently. Pittsburgh blew a game at the end of the year on purpose to faceoff against the severely injured Ottawa Senators.....they went on to win the Stanley Cup.

I remember when I had weekend tourneys, game scheduling was a huge help or a huge hurt. Some teams would have all 4 games with a two hour break in between. Sometimes my team would play at 8am, then not until 8pm and then have two games the next day on Sunday. Brutal......

Last edited by a moderator: