• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ New England Patriots 12/04/16, 1:00 PM EST; FOX

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be able to get one from the way Jenkins and McLeod are playing.

I'm not sure how the comp picks work? So we could possibly have two third rounders? That would be huge. both of those players should yield top round comp picks.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how the comp picks work? So we could possibly have two third rounders? That would be huge. both of those players should yield top round comp picks.

From the CBA:

"Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula."

Not sure what the formula is though. Haven't been able to find it. Hopefully the Giants can make the playoffs and solidify Jenkins compensation as a 3rd rounder.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking even if we get compensatory pick, we will either trade it, or draft another QB????:thumb::doh::gaah:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't trade comp picks. if they get any, they have to keep them.

as for the coaching argument regarding the players lack of play.

the Rams supposedly have one of the best OL coaches in the game, and yet the OL is at the bottom of the league ( as is the whole offense ). coaches can only do so much when the players don't learn.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't trade comp picks. if they get any, they have to keep them.

as for the coaching argument regarding the players lack of play.

the Rams supposedly have one of the best OL coaches in the game, and yet the OL is at the bottom of the league ( as is the whole offense ). coaches can only do so much when the players don't learn.

This year is the first year that comp picks can be traded...which is why the anticipated 3rd round comp pick this year was part of the Goff trade. If for some reason the Rams DON'T get a 3rd round comp pick, the Rams lose their original 3rd rounder.

Scheme has much to do with the players' lack of quality play. If it's not coaching, how else do you explain seemingly every Rams player's level of play decreasing every year? Supposedly is a good word too. The Rams line has fallen on it's face and is worse than it was last year with several rookies in the mix.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Shopson

i did not realize comp picks could be traded now.

it would be nice if the Rams got at least 1 3rd rounder so they won't lose theirs ( I think that was the stipulation in the trade ).

I don't know if they would get 2 3rd comps, but it would be a huge bonus if they did.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Shopson

i did not realize comp picks could be traded now.

it would be nice if the Rams got at least 1 3rd rounder so they won't lose theirs ( I think that was the stipulation in the trade ).

I don't know if they would get 2 3rd comps, but it would be a huge bonus if they did.

Between Jenkins and McLeod, I think we certainly could get two 3rd rounders...