• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ New England Patriots 12/04/16, 1:00 PM EST; FOX

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive was seeing Mike Thomas on the field. I know that kid has good hands and can actually catch the ball.

But I'm sure whoever drops balls will get a contract extension as well.

Mike Jordan made some plays as well in relief of Gaines.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said they gave up the farm to get him and he looks lost out there.

Nothing I said was wrong.

And it's not that I'm not giving him a chance. I'm just saying it's not a good sign when a guy praised for his "smarts" is struggling so badly with learning the Rams pathetic playbook and then looks lost trying to execute the Rams pathetic gameplan.

I mean, how hard is it to hand off on 1st and 2nd down, throw short of the first down markers on 3rd down and punt?

It's the game plan and level of talent (players and coaches) on this team. Goff is set up for failure on this team. Supposed stud Gurley can't even get NFL average YPC. The receivers have stone hands. Growing pains and rookie mistakes are expected, but the team around him has to help cushion those. Instead, the rest of the team is throwing gasoline on the tire fire.

Sure, Goff missed some throws and some blitzers, but the receivers have to at least catch the easy ones. I didn't think he looked lost at all, other than perhaps going through his reads unable to find a reliable target. Britt finally got 2 catches in garbage time; I am so fed up with his inconsistency. Quick was working hard. Drops by Kendricks and Cooper were unexplainable; they simply were not ready to catch the football. Are they surprised to be hit in stride by a Rams QB?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criticism on Goff is asinine, more then half the time he dropped back, he was getting sacked, hurried, or hit, under constant pressure yet he was still making the reads still putting the ball where it should be caught. The was first criticized because he never took a snap from center without fumbling or almost fumbling, now that seems to be a thing of the past. Next he was criticized that he was so bad he couldn't beat out Case "picksix" Keenum, but in reality Jeff Fisher is an idiot and is a terrible offensive talent evaluator. And so it goes

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck with being a Rams fan. I'm stuck with Fisher for a least another year. I stuck with Goff trying to get it done with a hand in his face. I'm stuck with Gurley trying to make a hole by himself. I'm stuck with brick layers as wide receivers. I'm stuck with a good defense having 3 seconds to rest in between times on the field. I'm stuck with waiting till a 2nd day for a draft pick. In all, I am a Rams fan and it's OK because I am who I am and they are who they are.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criticism on Goff is asinine, more then half the time he dropped back, he was getting sacked, hurried, or hit, under constant pressure yet he was still making the reads still putting the ball where it should be caught. The was first criticized because he never took a snap from center without fumbling or almost fumbling, now that seems to be a thing of the past. Next he was criticized that he was so bad he couldn't beat out Case "picksix" Keenum, but in reality Jeff Fisher is an idiot and is a terrible offensive talent evaluator. And so it goes

Bingo! Some of the criticisms from people on the board regarding Goff are, as you said, completely and utterly asinine. I'm pretty sure these comments materialize out of frustration regarding Fisher(which is very understandable) or other reasons that don't need to be mentioned.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! Some of the criticisms from people on the board regarding Goff are, as you said, completely and utterly asinine. I'm pretty sure these comments materialize out of frustration regarding Fisher(which is very understandable) or other reasons that don't need to be mentioned.

Thats right! You can't blame the QB for crappy O line play and drops by the WR's. :nono:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right! You can't blame the QB for crappy O line play and drops by the WR's. :nono:

At least a rookie QB ;)

BTW - I'm putting the Rams in timeout. Why should I continue to be loyal to a team that's not loyal to their own fan base? Not to mention the amount of stupidity involved here. Can't take it anymore.

Hope I'm still allowed here on the Rams board.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least a rookie QB ;)

BTW - I'm putting the Rams in timeout. Why should I continue to be loyal to a team that's not loyal to their own fan base? Not to mention the amount of stupidity involved here. Can't take it anymore.

Hope I'm still allowed here on the Rams board.
I have no problem with you staying, you're a good poster. It's almost like we want to overtake Cleveland as the worst NFL franchise from top to bottom. I think it's logical that everyone is pissed off and wants changes (and anyone that's watched this team can agree on that being needed) that don't seem like they're going to be coming anytime soon.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with you staying, you're a good poster. It's almost like we want to overtake Cleveland as the worst NFL franchise from top to bottom. I think it's logical that everyone is pissed off and wants changes (and anyone that's watched this team can agree on that being needed) that don't seem like they're going to be coming anytime soon.

The Rams organization is loyal to 2 things.

1) Everyone in their front office
2) Losing

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apologies to all for the homo AV of Gronk. I lost an Avy bet and didn't smoke enough crack obviously.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy O-line, still no stud WR or TE, and this FO thought they were only a QB away from being competitive ( and therefore sold the farm to get him ).

This teams defense is being wasted year after year by this inept offense.

By the time they fix the offense ( if they ever do ) the defense will need fixing.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Goff looked pretty good at times. He has talent and heart, but how long will it last on this team? This sort of situation is what kills confidence! Jeff Fisher is clueless on how to build an offense.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy O-line, still no stud WR or TE, and this FO thought they were only a QB away from being competitive ( and therefore sold the farm to get him ).

This teams defense is being wasted year after year by this inept offense.

By the time they fix the offense ( if they ever do ) the defense will need fixing.

Unfortunately I think we have wasted the good years, and we are close to having to fix the defense now

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think we have wasted the good years, and we are close to having to fix the defense now

I think that's partially due to coaching again. Add a true 4-3 outside linebacker in the draft (or an MLB and move Ogletree back outside) and a real FS and things should be back on the right track.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's partially due to coaching again. Add a true 4-3 outside linebacker in the draft (or an MLB and move Ogletree back outside) and a real FS and things should be back on the right track.

yeah, good luck doing that with the lack of draft picks.

and if you address the holes on defense, how is the offense going to get fixed? ( cause FA's aren't lining up to play for Fish and the Rams ).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, good luck doing that with the lack of draft picks.

and if you address the holes on defense, how is the offense going to get fixed? ( cause FA's aren't lining up to play for Fish and the Rams ).

They're only missing a 1st rounder, should have 2,3,4,5,6,7 left. The young OL should be fine (maybe move Robinson inside), just falling victim to the coaching staff's influence of diminishing returns. The stable of new receivers has hardly been allowed playing time yet. Rams really need this staff gone.

2,3,4,5 should be adequate to add a LB, OT or C, WR, and FS. Leaves the last two picks for special teamers and/or depth.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're only missing a 1st rounder, should have 2,3,4,5,6,7 left. The young OL should be fine (maybe move Robinson inside), just falling victim to the coaching staff's influence of diminishing returns. The stable of new receivers has hardly been allowed playing time yet. Rams really need this staff gone.

2,3,4,5 should be adequate to add a LB, OT or C, WR, and FS. Leaves the last two picks for special teamers and/or depth.

I don't think we have a 1st or a 3rd?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Shops, coaching has A LOT to do with it. At the same time Quinn and Brockers have been in and out, who knows if they will ever return to what they were? Sims and Hayes will be another year into their 30's, maybe some of our oline will pan out, but all 5 of them, not likely? Our D Backs are young, while I think they are pretty good, they do seem to get burned here and there and they seem to disappear on long runs?

As far as draft picks, you are lucky if one or two of them are hits? I think our D was better the last 2 years, maybe our window is closing, if not already?