• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Kings v Calgary Flames

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping in late here, everything that has transpired in the last 5 days has been spoken of. Disappointing end to the season but hopefully the boys learned that points in December, OT and SO count just as much as the ones in October and April.

I'm definitely on the "Brown shouldn't be captain" list, no surprise to anyone I'm sure. I've been the captain of my team for the last few years, and I was voted in to be it - when I joined them almost 5 years ago I was an outsider, proved my leadership and mettle, went to war with this these guys, got injured for these guys, won with these guys and have always defended my guys. I'm 40 now and while a little slower than I was just 5 years ago my attitude, actions and beliefs have not changed towards my teammates.

There are mainly 2 ways to be a captain, to me Brown doesn't doesn't exemplify either of them - either you are a rah rah type (not him) or you prove it with your play (not him). You can be a little of both (this is my style) and he isn't that either. And I don't believe we need to be in a locker room to know what kind of captain a guy is, we have plenty of clues available to us through whatever minimal exposure we get - bench shots, interviews, etc.

Norstrom was a great example of the quiet type, he didn't go into tirades or anything but every time that guy stepped on the ice we all saw what he did. He made big plays, even if they didn't show up on the scoreboard, he laid everything on the line for the Kings every game. You can tell how good a captain is by how he carries himself on the ice. Shane Doan is more of the former type, he is a loudmouth who gets rattled easily and that too, translates to what happens on the ice. Please see what happened in the WCFs in 2012.

The deal is though, I think stripping Brown of the C will do more harm than good, which leaves only one option - he needs to be moved and a new person named after. The problem is his contract is insane and would be hard to move in even the best of circumstances.

When he was anointed the C it was a time in his career and the development of the Kings as a team where he was on an upward tick, the team needed stability and he was part of the long term plan. No problems with that at all, it was the right choice. However, his play started to go south 5 years ago and he has had small stretches of showing us what he was, the most notable (to me) from about February 2012 to June when they won the Cup. He was active, he was emotional, he was doing things all over the ice that made differences from hitting to scoring big goals to carrying this team.

He's not that guy anymore overall, but extenuating circumstances make it very hard for him to be removed of this position. This team needs a new leader.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely on the "Brown shouldn't be captain" list, no surprise to anyone I'm sure. I've been the captain of my team for the last few years, and I was voted in to be it - when I joined them almost 5 years ago I was an outsider, proved my leadership and mettle, went to war with this these guys, got injured for these guys, won with these guys and have always defended my guys. I'm 40 now and while a little slower than I was just 5 years ago my attitude, actions and beliefs have not changed towards my teammates.

There are mainly 2 ways to be a captain, to me Brown doesn't doesn't exemplify either of them - either you are a rah rah type (not him) or you prove it with your play (not him). You can be a little of both (this is my style) and he isn't that either. And I don't believe we need to be in a locker room to know what kind of captain a guy is, we have plenty of clues available to us through whatever minimal exposure we get - bench shots, interviews, etc.

That's all I'm trying to say.. Still think he should be stripped of it, but maybe you're right about the repercussions.