• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Philadelphia Flyers 3/24/14 | 7:00pm

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so i wouldnt want to have to depend on beating Boston to move up in the standings. With the tough teams weve had in this stretch we could easily be far out of the race so lets get out there and kick some rag ass!!

We do have the tougher schedule clearly, but we have two extra games and when we play them in April, teams like Boston, St. Louis and Pittsburgh are going to have zero reason to go all out for a meaningless win.

The Rangers have some poor teams on the docket, but they still do have a four game western swing, including games at Colorado and Montreal.

I hope we throttle them tomorrow and make this a lot easier.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few shifts where he threw Vinny on the 1st line in place of hartnell and he didn't really play Schenn or Simmonds much other then to move them to play with couturier & read while keeping Hartnell on the bench for a 4-5 minute stretch in the 3rd. I thought at first it was an injury or equipment issue but he was on the bench and all 4 lines had been playing pretty well so it makes no sense to me. Also wtf was that one PP unit on the 5-3 that turned into a 5-4, Giroux, Vinny, Timonen, Streit & Vorachek I believe, no one was in front of the fucking net.

Sorry that whole screwing with the lines when they're playing good and there isn't a nessecity too really aggregates me. I will say it's the first time I've really notice Berube do it but it also looked to me like he got out coached with line changes and had no answers for how to match up against the Kings lines. I'm sure some of it is the over exuberance of the refs lately making calls and messing up the flow of the game, but yet they don't call tripping when a player has a clear advantage and has been brought down in the offensive end:L

fair enough, i didn't pick up on vinny playing on the 1st line. i've seen him do that a couple of times in other games though. on the whole, i agree w/ you. most of the time it's just best to leave them alone. only change i would make is to put raffl on the 3rd when the bench gets shortened, and put giroux or simmonds out there as often as possible when they're feelin' it. but at the same time, the last 7 minutes of the game is about as potent as the flyers have looked without scoring, so you can't be too upset.

the botched 5 on 3 to 4 on 4 to 5 on 4, or whatever it went, was likely a result of all the manpower changes. i dont think you can fault berube with that one. i know when they go 5 on 3 they typically replace hartnell with lecavlier because you don't really need the high low screen when you're facing 3 guys. vinnys shot is useful to add out there on the 5 on 3 too. my guess is they wanted 2 dmen out for when it became a 4 on 4 (because i think that was in there) and then timo or streit never went off for hartnell or simmonds because they only had like 40 seconds of each manpower situation.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have the tougher schedule clearly, but we have two extra games and when we play them in April, teams like Boston, St. Louis and Pittsburgh are going to have zero reason to go all out for a meaningless win.

The Rangers have some poor teams on the docket, but they still do have a four game western swing, including games at Colorado and Montreal.

I hope we throttle them tomorrow and make this a lot easier.

unless they think they can keep the flyers out of the playoffs. i'm sure the bruins/pens would much rather the caps or blue jackets make the playoffs instead of the flyers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless they think they can keep the flyers out of the playoffs. i'm sure the bruins/pens would much rather the caps or blue jackets make the playoffs instead of the flyers.

Unless the Caps or Jackets win their next three to four games, I don't see them contending. After having looked at their schedules, I think they'll both be about done by the end of the night on April 1st.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Caps or Jackets win their next three to four games, I don't see them contending. After having looked at their schedules, I think they'll both be about done by the end of the night April 1st.

ya i hear you, just saying, there is some motivation for the bruins/pens. i'm sure their respective coaching staffs are using that as motivation. cant control what the caps or bjs do, but beating the flyers certainly helps them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i hear you, just saying, there is some motivation for the bruins/pens. i'm sure their respective coaching staffs are using that as motivation. cant control what the caps or bjs do, but beating the flyers certainly helps them.

Only if that one loss they hand us matters...lol If come April 5th when we play the Bruins a final time we're six or more points up on the Caps with a game in hand when they only have four games remaining, it won't matter much if we lose that night.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if that one loss they hand us matters...lol If come April 5th when we play the Bruins a final time we're six or more points up on the Caps with a game in hand when they only have four games remaining, it won't matter much if we lose that night.

and at that point, the flyers won't have much motivation either :lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and at that point, the flyers won't have much motivation either :lol:

Home ice in the first round is decent motivation. The Bruins will very likely have the conference wrapped up by then.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home ice in the first round is decent motivation. The Bruins will very likely have the conference wrapped up by then.

cmon mav.. you cant give me one win!? i thought we were optimist buddies! :pout:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to go overboard about them losing last night and the rags winning while moving ahead of us in points . Lets just win tommorrow and take care of our own business.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon mav.. you cant give me one win!? i thought we were optimist buddies! :pout:

That we are. There is no ceiling on this team right now. They can become great and for many seasons. And....no, I can't...lol