• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Philadelphia Flyers 3/24/14 | 7:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers trail 2-0 after two periods - I haven't liked their effort tonight, the third period better be their strongest in a while - need way more offensive zone time and need to pepper Jonathan Quick with high quality shots if they're going to have a chance to win the game

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not the best the flyers have looked. Emery playing very well aside from that 2nd goal. Even without that one, it could easily be 4-0 kings.

Flyers can't generate any offense 5 on 5.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MATT WILL YOU READ MY MIND! Flyers get on the board, 2-1!!! Let's Go Flyers!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHAKE AND JAKE!!!!! Tie game!!!!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight King gives the Kings a 3-2 lead - Flyers need to keep on going and get the next goal

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers need a kill here

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers had a bad start and paid for it - I didn't like the way they played overall in this game and this is what happens when you don't get off to a good start - they better get off to a WAY better start next game against the Rangers

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, can't hate the 3rd period. Like the push, just forgot how to play defense on the one break the Kings had. Certainly not a bad game, just needed that 3rd period through more of the game.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame in losing to LA. Glad to see us rally, but that was bad. Hopefully we bounce back

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the result I expected but it was a decent game, again way too many calls however there were a lot more obstructions calls that could have been made. In the end I'm ok with the Flyers effort and play. Quick is a really great goalie and the Kings just collapsed the 2nd half of the game and it was damn near impossible to get anything on net. I think there's plenty that can be learned from this game going forward.

The one issue I had with this game was how Berube screwed with the lines a bit too much imo, there were guys who hardly ever seen each other getting time together in the 3rd when all 4 lines had actually played really well throughout the game.

Oh well time to start another 5 game winning streak, plus there's no shame in losing to the Kings.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the result I expected but it was a decent game, again way too many calls however there were a lot more obstructions calls that could have been made. In the end I'm ok with the Flyers effort and play. Quick is a really great goalie and the Kings just collapsed the 2nd half of the game and it was damn near impossible to get anything on net. I think there's plenty that can be learned from this game going forward.

The one issue I had with this game was how Berube screwed with the lines a bit too much imo, there were guys who hardly ever seen each other getting time together in the 3rd when all 4 lines had actually played really well throughout the game.

Oh well time to start another 5 game winning streak, plus there's no shame in losing to the Kings.

i saw raffl to the 3rd line, which was expected, and i think i caught one shift where couturier was out there with simmonds and schenn, but that was because vinny had a skate problem. did you see another bandit?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times does Raffl have to be tripped before he gets a call the refs were extra bad last night.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game but from what I have read, not the outcome everyone wanted but a decent effort overall after starting slow.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings were just too stout defensively and we waited too long to finally pressure them in the third. Then, once we managed to tie up the game, I thought we got too aggressive with defensive pinching and it burnt us. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but we could've used even just that one point, so getting to overtime and then going all out for the bonus point would've been beneficial to us.

I thought we did get a break or two on our goals, but then again Lecavalier had a gaping net and his shot ended up hitting both posts AND the crossbar. That's probably a goal 9 times out of 10.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings were just too stout defensively and we waited too long to finally pressure them in the third. Then, once we managed to tie up the game, I thought we got too aggressive with defensive pinching and it burnt us. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but we could've used even just that one point, so getting to overtime and then going all out for the bonus point would've been beneficial to us.

I thought we did get a break or two on our goals, but then again Lecavalier had a gaping net and his shot ended up hitting both posts AND the crossbar. That's probably a goal 9 times out of 10.

That one point wouldve been nice. Now for the worst part the Rags are in front of us and we now have to win the games in hand.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we can't expect to win them all, and at least the Flyers played reasonably well on the whole. They probably need to go at least 6-4-1 to close out the season, unless multiple teams below them catch fire. That's certainly doable.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw raffl to the 3rd line, which was expected, and i think i caught one shift where couturier was out there with simmonds and schenn, but that was because vinny had a skate problem. did you see another bandit?

There were a few shifts where he threw Vinny on the 1st line in place of hartnell and he didn't really play Schenn or Simmonds much other then to move them to play with couturier & read while keeping Hartnell on the bench for a 4-5 minute stretch in the 3rd. I thought at first it was an injury or equipment issue but he was on the bench and all 4 lines had been playing pretty well so it makes no sense to me. Also wtf was that one PP unit on the 5-3 that turned into a 5-4, Giroux, Vinny, Timonen, Streit & Vorachek I believe, no one was in front of the fucking net.

Sorry that whole screwing with the lines when they're playing good and there isn't a nessecity too really aggregates me. I will say it's the first time I've really notice Berube do it but it also looked to me like he got out coached with line changes and had no answers for how to match up against the Kings lines. I'm sure some of it is the over exuberance of the refs lately making calls and messing up the flow of the game, but yet they don't call tripping when a player has a clear advantage and has been brought down in the offensive end:L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one point wouldve been nice. Now for the worst part the Rags are in front of us and we now have to win the games in hand.

If we beat them tomorrow, none of that matters. Besides, I still feel like we're playing better hockey right now than they are, which means I expect to win this game.

If we were to somehow blow it tomorrow night, we'd still technically control our own destiny being down three points with two games in hand.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat them tomorrow, none of that matters. Besides, I still feel like we're playing better hockey right now than they are, which means I expect to win this game.

If we were to somehow blow it tomorrow night, we'd still technically control our own destiny being down three points with two games in hand.

I hope so i wouldnt want to have to depend on beating Boston to move up in the standings. With the tough teams weve had in this stretch we could easily be far out of the race so lets get out there and kick some rag ass!!