• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like today might be the last day of golf for the year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you all play honestly? I can't tell you how many fuckers I play with that "shoot great rounds", but said rounds are rife with foot wedges, mulligans and gimmes.

My favorite is the one handed putt from a couple feet out where when they miss, it was a given that it was a gimme.

I love when those dudes get in a tournament.

There's always cash on the line it seems when I play so any rules outside of the rules of golf must be defined before the 1st tee ball. No mullys period, some guys do gimmes inside 2 ft, some won't if the aggregate score has a bet on it. Lost ball not deemed to be in a hazard or OB...on this one they let you drop and hit with 1 penalty stroke because we don't really take 5 mins looking for balls.

Leaf rule most courses allow down here anyway so that's not something we make up.

That said...most of my rounds will fall in the 79 to 89 range...low this season was 77...high was 93.

You're so right about guys that take a lot of liberties. When they have to play it down they are 8 to 10 strokes higher.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7:40 am tee time in the morning at Lake Buena Vista, Orlando. Going to be a beautiful morning and probably the last round of the year, so we'll see how it goes.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still going to be mild this weekend in the land of cheese so planning on sneaking out on Saturday

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shot an 89 yesterday. Was crushing my drives and putting well, just couldn't do anything under 100 yards where I'm not a full swing. I don't think I've had that bad of a day pitching ever with probably a half dozen that I caught extremely fat to only go half way.

Oh well, it was a beautiful day, nice course, and got a break from the parks. That's a win right there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go figure...ATL has unseasonably warm weather all week, but rain in the forecast every day...starting Thurs. I'm off 10 days...probably won't sniff a 50 deg day. Some thought of heading down to FL for a few days...if so I'm bringing the clubs.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little rain never hurt anyone..that's why they make rain gear.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little rain never hurt anyone..that's why they make rain gear.

Nah...a little won't hurt, but when your rain gear is 10 yrs old and now barely water repellent vs water proof...it sucks, better off without it.

That said, I got out 3 times, 84, 85, 88...greens were in good shape, but fairways were soggy which kept my bad shot in play...taking divots took courage!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...a little won't hurt, but when your rain gear is 10 yrs old and now barely water repellent vs water proof...it sucks, better off without it.

That said, I got out 3 times, 84, 85, 88...greens were in good shape, but fairways were soggy which kept my bad shot in play...taking divots took courage!
You can find some decent light rain jackets for not much money. I have a Zero Restriction one I bought from Sierra Trading Post last year for about $30 that works great.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find some decent light rain jackets for not much money. I have a Zero Restriction one I bought from Sierra Trading Post last year for about $30 that works great.

Wow...ZR? That's a great deal if it's gortex! Really a steal. I'll check that out.

I was in Golfsmith the other day looking, the good stuff (waterproof ZR, Footjoy, etc.) nothing was under $100 and ending up drifting towards shoes which I needed more so after slopping around on wet turf for 3 days.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...ZR? That's a great deal if it's gortex! Really a steal. I'll check that out.

I was in Golfsmith the other day looking, the good stuff (waterproof ZR, Footjoy, etc.) nothing was under $100 and ending up drifting towards shoes which I needed more so after slopping around on wet turf for 3 days.
Yeah, they were having some clearance (probably getting rid of the 2014 stuff) around this time last year. I'm sure they'll do it again by March.

I actually just got a pretty cool pair of spikeless shoes by True Links. I didn't get to choose the color because I got them with a subscription to shortpar4 but they're not bad for $20. Last month was the first one I got from there but I figure $45 a month from now on is probably pretty good for getting golf shirts, pants, etc. that are usually more expensive than that anyways and I could use some more of that stuff.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were having some clearance (probably getting rid of the 2014 stuff) around this time last year. I'm sure they'll do it again by March.

I actually just got a pretty cool pair of spikeless shoes by True Links. I didn't get to choose the color because I got them with a subscription to shortpar4 but they're not bad for $20. Last month was the first one I got from there but I figure $45 a month from now on is probably pretty good for getting golf shirts, pants, etc. that are usually more expensive than that anyways and I could use some more of that stuff.

Good stuff...never heard of True Links shoes, but $20 is hard to beat.

You may remember the North Ga Outlet mall up 400...at season change I normally rake up on golf gear...last April I got 3 long sleeve Under Armour base layer mocks, a half zip wind jacket for $20 ea. A week ago the wife went up there and she found me some Adidas climalite golf shirts that were $75 in Golfsmith just the other day...$25 bucks ea.

My problem is I hate that long drive if I'm only spending a few bucks...driving 100+ miles RT for a $100 purchase is not my idea of a great deal.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff...never heard of True Links shoes, but $20 is hard to beat.

You may remember the North Ga Outlet mall up 400...at season change I normally rake up on golf gear...last April I got 3 long sleeve Under Armour base layer mocks, a half zip wind jacket for $20 ea. A week ago the wife went up there and she found me some Adidas climalite golf shirts that were $75 in Golfsmith just the other day...$25 bucks ea.

My problem is I hate that long drive if I'm only spending a few bucks...driving 100+ miles RT for a $100 purchase is not my idea of a great deal.
I agree. At that point you're just better off ordering something off of the Internet. I hadn't heard of TL either but they seem pretty comfortable and they have pretty good grip. They are going to get dirty really quick since they're white but oh well.