• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like the Braves signed BJ Upton.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If some team offers Hamilton 5 years he'll sign with them. Up to this point no team seems to be willing to go more than 3 years.

I can't believe some team is probably going to give Grienke 20M per. That's nuts.

Not really. Greinke is young, and durable. He's been a pretty safe bet to post 5.0 WAR in normal years, and in his big years like when he won the cy young he's capable if besting those numbers by quite a bit.

Sabermatricians pretty readily agree that in evaluating whether a player had outperformed or even met the value of his contract that 1.0 WAR= 4 million dollars. Meaning greinke is a safe bet to provide 20 million dollars in value in just his normal years and I'd bet he'll outperform that at least a couple times so I'd have no problem giving him 20m/yr.

As for josh I doubt anyone gives him five years. I'm guessing the rangers give him 3 guaranteed with a 4th year option or maybe 4 guaranteed if they're really confident. My guess is he resigns with Texas.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Greinke is young, and durable. He's been a pretty safe bet to post 5.0 WAR in normal years, and in his big years like when he won the cy young he's capable if besting those numbers by quite a bit.

Sabermatricians pretty readily agree that in evaluating whether a player had outperformed or even met the value of his contract that 1.0 WAR= 4 million dollars. Meaning greinke is a safe bet to provide 20 million dollars in value in just his normal years and I'd bet he'll outperform that at least a couple times so I'd have no problem giving him 20m/yr.

As for josh I doubt anyone gives him five years. I'm guessing the rangers give him 3 guaranteed with a 4th year option or maybe 4 guaranteed if they're really confident. My guess is he resigns with Texas.

I know Greinke has great stuff, but he seemed to pitch great at home for Milwaukee & bad on the road. If a team is going to pay 20M per year, I think they'd want a bit more consistancy.

I expect Hamilton to sign with the Rangers. I think Seattle should offer him 5 years & see what he says. They need a big bat in the worst way & taking the best player on the Rangers away from them would be a big coup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Span trade?

It looks like a good trade to me unless that bullpen arm you gave up is a future Mariano Rivera. Most aren't though and there's always another promising bullpen arm around the corner.

Span seems like a pretty safe bet to post 2.0-2.5 WAR so he should provide excess value and plays excellent defense. His OBP doesn't suck, but he doesn't slug for much, and strikes out almost three times as much as he walks. Most importantly he keeps Harper and Werth in the COF spots. He's essentially a stop gap in cf, and I think it's a trade that will serve them well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Greinke has great stuff, but he seemed to pitch great at home for Milwaukee & bad on the road. If a team is going to pay 20M per year, I think they'd want a bit more consistancy.

I expect Hamilton to sign with the Rangers. I think Seattle should offer him 5 years & see what he says. They need a big bat in the worst way & taking the best player on the Rangers away from them would be a big coup.

Safeco is where hitters go to die. Look at what it did to Adrian Beltre.

As for greinke, he's always seemed to pitch well at Arlington so I'd love to have him. What a 1-2 punch Darvish and Greinke would be.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safeco is where hitters go to die. Look at what it did to Adrian Beltre.

As for greinke, he's always seemed to pitch well at Arlington so I'd love to have him. What a 1-2 punch Darvish and Greinke would be.

Petco is worse than Safeco ask Ryan Ludwick.

As for Greinke good luck outbidding the Dodgers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petco is worse than Safeco ask Ryan Ludwick.

As for Greinke good luck outbidding the Dodgers.

Not sure how much the dodgers are really going to spend. I'm sure they're in on him, but they don't seem to be wanting to bid against themselves. Im sure theyre aware that if they sign Greinke they'll be setting their own market for when kershaw hits FA. Also, I'm not sure Greinke will want to pitch in such a big market either.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much the dodgers are really going to spend. I'm sure they're in on him, but they don't seem to be wanting to bid against themselves. Im sure theyre aware that if they sign Greinke they'll be setting their own market for when kershaw hits FA. Also, I'm not sure Greinke will want to pitch in such a big market either.

Some expect their payroll to be in the 220M range at the start of the season. Greinke wants to hit. He prefers the National League. Ned Colletti said yesterday on MLB network that if the Dodgers go over the cap threshold or whatever they call it, it's part of business.

The Dodgers are going to sign a ridiculous TV deal that will make the one the Angels signed look like peanuts. The Dodgers can outspend the Yankees now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some expect their payroll to be in the 220M range at the start of the season. Greinke wants to hit. He prefers the National League. Ned Colletti said yesterday on MLB network that if the Dodgers go over the cap threshold or whatever they call it, it's part of business.

The Dodgers are going to sign a ridiculous TV deal that will make the one the Angels signed look like peanuts. The Dodgers can outspend the Yankees now.

We'll see.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of a weak market so I think it's an overpayment but it's not a bad move for Atlanta. I know he's 3 years younger than Hamilton but it makes me wonder what type of contract he will get. I'm thinking 5-6 years $18 million per.

Bit of an overpayment? The guy just posted a .298 OBP last year and he's a strike out machine. They'll regret this deal very soon.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of an overpayment? The guy just posted a .298 OBP last year and he's a strike out machine. They'll regret this deal very soon.

The Braves have a much better lineup than Tampa. Upton will have plenty of protection around him. His numbers should improve this season.