• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make it up Red, that was the proposed expansion team St. Louis brought to the table the last time the NFL expanded with Carolina and Jacksonville, just prior to the Rams moving to St. Louis.

St. Louis Stallions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i didn't say you made it up, i said its to similar to the broncos and technically the chargers. If we were to get a new franchise, there has to be something cooler then the stallions

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our fellow St. Louis fans stay with us. I don't know how it feels to have a team move away since I'm in neither city. Kroenke is a hated man right now by some but a business man. To me, he sees it as this team hasn't been good in over a decade and not selling as many seats. If he can't have a winning franchise, he would at least like to increase his assets and generate as much money as he could else where, and that is LA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't say you made it up, i said its to similar to the broncos and technically the chargers. If we were to get a new franchise, there has to be something cooler then the stallions
:agree:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm in St Louis, I tell the NFL to go fuck themselves and to use some other city like San Antonio as leverage.
A very good point. These cities are being used as leverage for Goodell and his cronies.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lambs fans. Flying out to LA to support your team?

Dam I almost nailed that, but the FO proved me wrong moving Bradford for Foles and a 2nd rounder. 2016!!

Hell yeah i'm a Rams fan doesn't matter where they go. They will be on the 3:30 games and thus TV a lot more as well. I saw a lot of great games in that Dome, but it's time to move apparently.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did because it was run into the ground by buffoons masquerading as competent. They are on the way back-Slowly. Detroit is going nowhere because Ford is going nowhere.

FoMoCo is going nowhere???

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the attendance really that bad in LA before the team was moved or did Georgia move the team just to have it in her home town?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the attendance really that bad in LA before the team was moved or did Georgia move the team just to have it in her home town?
It got bad after she moved the team out of Los Angeles the first time and into Orange County in Anaheim. It got worse when she signed her boy toy Dan Pastorini, shit hit the fan when she wouldn't re-sign and pay Vince Ferragamo after taking the Rams to the Super Bowl and the final straw was when she wouldn't pay Eric Dickerson and traded him in his prime to the Colts.

The difference between Stan and Georgia was Stan got the overwhelming vote of the owners Georgia did not come close.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanos is expected to quickly embrace Inglewood

300x1.jpg

Chargers owner Dean Spanos emerged from Tuesday’s meeting with the ability to leave San Diego, but with an inability to move to the specific area of Los Angeles that he preferred. So what will he do next?

The thinking among the owners is that, once Spanos has a chance to process the opportunity in Inglewood, he’ll pounce.

Yes, it’s fair to wonder whether Rams owner Stan Kroenke will drive too hard of a bargain in the hopes of keeping a second team out of L.A. But, per multiple sources, Kroenke has promised the rest of the owners that he’ll be reasonable. Kroenke also, we’re told, has reduced to writing various commitments regarding the terms pursuant to which he’ll accept a second team in his new stadium.

As one source tells PFT, the Chargers already have begun working directly with the league to finalize the parameters for a deal in Inglewood, and the NFL will be directly involved in negotiations, if necessary.

There’s another reason for Kroenke to work something out. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Kroenke currently can’t begin selling premium products such as naming rights, club seats, PSLs, and sponsorships for his new stadium until 2017. If Kroenke makes a deal with the Chargers now, Kroenke can begin to sell premium products immediately.

The only lingering question is whether Spanos will choose to be a tenant or a partner. While partnership may be preferred, Spanos will have to be ready, willing, and able to write a check for half of the expenses required to get the stadium built. And if more of the overall development gets pulled into the partnership pot, the cost of equity and the risk that goes along with it gets even higher.

Given the $550 million relocation fee that the Chargers also would have to pay, Spanos could eventually opt to be a tenant.

Tenant or partner, it’s a deal that other owners think Spanos would be crazy not to do. As one source told PFT, “99 out of 100 would take this deal.”

The fact that Mark Davis and the Raiders will get the next crack at the deal if Dean Spanos doesn’t want it makes it even more likely that Spanos will be among the 99.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts attempt to recruit abandoned St. Louis fans on Twitter

colts.vadapt.476.high.29.jpg
The Colts didn't waste much time in an effort to recruit abandoned Rams fans in St. Louis.

Colts/Twitter
By Zach Kruse/The Sports DailyYardbarkerJan 13, 2016 at 12:14p EST

The Indianapolis Colts are wasting no time in attempting to recruit a new subsection of fans from nearby St. Louis, a city abandoned by the Rams for the bright lights and mega cash of the Los Angeles market.

The Colts’ official Twitter account posted this invitation, less than 24 hours after the Rams announced their relocation:

With a simple map, the Colts note that Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis is only 240 miles away, or a roughly four-hour drive from St. Louis (ironically nicknamed the “Gateway to the West”).

Hate Stan Kroenke and the Rams? Need a new NFL team? Come be a Colts fan!

Current Rams fans living in or near St. Louis will have many options moving forward. The Chicago Bears play roughly 300 miles to the north, while the Kansas City Chiefs are located straight west across Missouri. They could even stick with the Rams, given the modern ability to watch any team from any location.

However, transferring fandom or watching from afar probably won’t heal the hurt of another NFL team moving away.

There is good news. The Cardinals start reporting for spring training in just about a month. Football is gone, but baseball is coming. Stay strong, St. Louis.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It's all about the money when it comes down to it. Jerry Jones called Stan an angel. Lol

I've been telling you for a year it's all about the money!!! Good to see you finally woke up to reality...:suds:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts attempt to recruit abandoned St. Louis fans on Twitter

View attachment 76663
The Colts didn't waste much time in an effort to recruit abandoned Rams fans in St. Louis.

Colts/Twitter
By Zach Kruse/The Sports DailyYardbarkerJan 13, 2016 at 12:14p EST

The Indianapolis Colts are wasting no time in attempting to recruit a new subsection of fans from nearby St. Louis, a city abandoned by the Rams for the bright lights and mega cash of the Los Angeles market.

The Colts’ official Twitter account posted this invitation, less than 24 hours after the Rams announced their relocation:

With a simple map, the Colts note that Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis is only 240 miles away, or a roughly four-hour drive from St. Louis (ironically nicknamed the “Gateway to the West”).

Hate Stan Kroenke and the Rams? Need a new NFL team? Come be a Colts fan!

Current Rams fans living in or near St. Louis will have many options moving forward. The Chicago Bears play roughly 300 miles to the north, while the Kansas City Chiefs are located straight west across Missouri. They could even stick with the Rams, given the modern ability to watch any team from any location.

However, transferring fandom or watching from afar probably won’t heal the hurt of another NFL team moving away.

There is good news. The Cardinals start reporting for spring training in just about a month. Football is gone, but baseball is coming. Stay strong, St. Louis.

So in other words, your telling me im screwed? :pissed:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a horse's ass but don't let me wreck your self esteem. Carry on dude.

Hold on there GNG. If you post on this Rams board, calling someone names is prohibited per the SportsHoopla use policy. You are allowed to disagree with someone but personal name-calling is not permitted here.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got bad after she moved the team out of Los Angeles the first time and into Orange County in Anaheim. It got worse when she signed her boy toy Dan Pastorini, shit hit the fan when she wouldn't re-sign and pay Vince Ferragamo after taking the Rams to the Super Bowl and the final straw was when she wouldn't pay Eric Dickerson and traded him in his prime to the Colts.

The difference between Stan and Georgia was Stan got the overwhelming vote of the owners Georgia did not come close.

Wow, so not only she did damage to the roster but she really did move the team without majority vote. Thanks for the info.