• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks Like Chicago Will Be In The Market For A QB

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which matters not one centavo as Daniel Marc Snyder has already determined that they will not trade Griffin. But bearing this in mind, it would not shock me to see them deal Cousins for what ever they can get this off season. So maybe you are actually onto something here.

Yes it does because if we are in position for the QBs coming out we could fleece Chicago like the Rams did to us

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are an easy target for what they gave up for Griffin but the Bears gave 2 firsts, a 3rd, and Orton, then of course a ton of cap space. The dead money when (not if) they release this clown will probably make their deal more expensive than ours when the dust settles.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does because if we are in position for the QBs coming out we could fleece Chicago like the Rams did to us

I certainly hope that you are not suggesting that you think that RG3 could command a lot in a trade. Ain't gonna happen. Most likely the Redskins won't trade him anyhow. Beyond that - if he was traded he will command very little at this time. Also - given the fact of what the Bears went through with Cutler and his issues why in the world would they take the chance of possibly having another set of issues with RG3? Not saying that would happen if he went to the Bears, but that certainly would cross the minds of the FO people & the coaches for Chicago.

A more likely scenario would be what was suggested by Shark & if Cousins were traded he would most likely command very little in return.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope that you are not suggesting that you think that RG3 could command a lot in a trade. Ain't gonna happen. Most likely the Redskins won't trade him anyhow. Beyond that - if he was traded he will command very little at this time. Also - given the fact of what the Bears went through with Cutler and his issues why in the world would they take the chance of possibly having another set of issues with RG3? Not saying that would happen if he went to the Bears, but that certainly would cross the minds of the FO people & the coaches for Chicago.

A more likely scenario would be what was suggested by Shark & if Cousins were traded he would most likely command very little in return.

I believe you have reading problems

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you have reading problems

Jeez dude - chill out. I prefaced my statement by saying "I hope that you are not suggesting" which meant I was unsure about your take. Rereading - I can see where you are coming from. Sounds like you are suggesting that the Redskins could possibly trade down in the draft (am I reading that correct?).

If so I also doubt this will happen. In all likelihood the Redskins will have the #4 overall pick or higher. I believe that the top 2 QBs in the draft (if they come out - neither has declared at this time) will go before that time (either directly to a team like TB or via a trade to another team).

That is all. Sorry - not trying to start an argument with you on this one. I am trying to engage in conversation about the Redskins - not start a fight. Peace.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Related to this -

For the draft remember if teams have the same record the first tiebreaker is strength of schedule - not head to head competition. Therefore - the Redskins could actually have worse draft position than say the Bucs if they have the same record despite the fact that the Bucs beat the Redskins this season.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said a QB coming out, which obviously refers to the draft dumb ass. :lol:

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Related to this -

For the draft remember if teams have the same record the first tiebreaker is strength of schedule - not head to head competition. Therefore - the Redskins could actually have worse draft position than say the Bucs if they have the same record despite the fact that the Bucs beat the Redskins this season.

Yes but the Skins have the easiest SoS vs all the other 2-12 and 3-13 teams except the Bucs. So if we finish tied with any of the teams around us (except Bucs) we draft ahead of them.

Its looking like 3rd for us unless we beat the Boys or Eagles, both of whom are fighting for playoff position, which means we could play spoiler but cost ourselves 4-6 draft spots.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

love the av, know the feeling

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad, thought you ere hinting that the Bears would be a possible trade partner to take Griffin off our hands for a tiddy sum. But I also think the Bears are too invested in Cutler at the moment to make a move at QB as one they would consider. Reality is, we will likely finish in a position where some one is trading up over us to get Winston. And god help us if he is there and we draft him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, thought you ere hinting that the Bears would be a possible trade partner to take Griffin off our hands for a tiddy sum. But I also think the Bears are too invested in Cutler at the moment to make a move at QB as one they would consider. Reality is, we will likely finish in a position where some one is trading up over us to get Winston. And god help us if he is there and we draft him.

I think that because of the whole RG3 trade, the issues for Winston & the fact that Mariota has some questions relating to adapting to the NFL that you will really not see teams willing to trade that much to move up in the draft - certainly not anything comparable to the RG3 trade (would be completely shocked if that happened).

If the Redskins were to somehow draft Winston it would almost be as if Allen was begging to be fired.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that because of the whole RG3 trade, the issues for Winston & the fact that Mariota has some questions relating to adapting to the NFL that you will really not see teams willing to trade that much to move up in the draft - certainly not anything comparable to the RG3 trade (would be completely shocked if that happened).

If the Redskins were to somehow draft Winston it would almost be as if Allen was begging to be fired.

This would require one to have the belief that ALLEN is actually the man pulling the strings and not the one having his strings pulled. :)