• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking for your thoughts/comments on my FF team

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Romo, RGIII
RB- Chris Johnson, Helu, Reggie Bush, Benson, David Wilson
WR- Roddy White, B. Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice, Santana Moss
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Crosby
D- Baltimore

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a solid team but nothing spectacular.

Romo's a solid second tier quarterback. If you are in a ten team league, you'll probably be in sixth or so in points from the QB position. I don't think RGIII will do much in the Shanahan system.

Running back is where the big questions lie. Chris Johnson is an okay #1. He has great potential, but hasn't really delivered on it the last two years. The depth is the issue. Reggie Bush will likely still be behind Daniel Thomas. I like Benson as a late pickup, but he's not a week in week out starter. Helu has 640 career rushing yards. And that's 640 more than David Wilson. All in all, I just really don't see a good running back group here. If you play the matchups right, they could deliver.

The wide receivers are average. Roddy had a tough year last year in the red zone, and he is starting to be replaced as his team's #1 receiver. Marshall could have a big year, but the goal line points could go primarily to Jeffrey and Forte. Jackson got paid the big bucks, but who knows how much his team will score. And Wilson's had a better connection with Braylon than Sidney Rice. Your wide receivers will get a ton of yards. I'm just not sold on the TDs.

Gates is slowing down, but he is still a top five tight end. Just look around week 1 to find a good backup.

Crosby is a solid kicker, and should be in the top four in the league.

Baltimore is probably the #1 fantasy defense. Nice pick up.

Basically, you have a lot of depth but no true superstars. How you rotate the players will decide your success. You can do well, but you don't have the slam dunk guys that you look for when deciding a league champion.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo's a solid second tier quarterback. If you are in a ten team league, you'll probably be in sixth or so in points from the QB position. I don't think RGIII will do much in the Shanahan system.

Running back is where the big questions lie. Chris Johnson is an okay #1. He has great potential, but hasn't really delivered on it the last two years. The depth is the issue. Reggie Bush will likely still be behind Daniel Thomas. I like Benson as a late pickup, but he's not a week in week out starter. Helu has 640 career rushing yards. And that's 640 more than David Wilson. All in all, I just really don't see a good running back group here. If you play the matchups right, they could deliver.

The wide receivers are average. Roddy had a tough year last year in the red zone, and he is starting to be replaced as his team's #1 receiver. Marshall could have a big year, but the goal line points could go primarily to Jeffrey and Forte. Jackson got paid the big bucks, but who knows how much his team will score. And Wilson's had a better connection with Braylon than Sidney Rice. Your wide receivers will get a ton of yards. I'm just not sold on the TDs.

Gates is slowing down, but he is still a top five tight end. Just look around week 1 to find a good backup.

Basically, you have a lot of depth but no true superstars. How you rotate the players will decide your success. You can do well, but you don't have the slam dunk guys that you look for when deciding a league champion.

^^ this.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with most of this, I don't understand why you think that the majority of the Bears' goal line passes go to Jeffry? He's smaller than Marshall, not by much, but he is. Then you add in the fact that Marshall and Cutler played together and had great years doing so, I see Marshall having a great year.

If there is another RB on the waiver wire, check him out. Johnson will get you good yardage this year, but they could be looking at Cook in the RZ. Bush will split carries with Thomas and Helu/Wilson are unproven.

If you have a Flex type position, I would look at starting Jackson/Rice as opposed to a RB. This way, you still get your points, it's early in the season, and you get to see how your RB's are getting used.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs won't be consistent; Helu likely won't start, Johnson will have a better season than last year, Bush should have 6-7 weeks of 10+ points but knowing when to play him is tough. All the rest will split time/see limited carries; if you're in a 10 or 12 team league you should be able to wait and see and pick some up off the waiver wire. You're stacked at receiver and TE, so you may be able to garner a trade for a RB like Fred Jackson, MJD, or McGahee.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What was your draft position and who did you take?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs won't be consistent; Helu likely won't start, Johnson will have a better season than last year, Bush should have 6-7 weeks of 10+ points but knowing when to play him is tough. All the rest will split time/see limited carries; if you're in a 10 or 12 team league you should be able to wait and see and pick some up off the waiver wire. You're stacked at receiver and TE, so you may be able to garner a trade for a RB like Fred Jackson, MJD, or McGahee.

He needs to get a hold of Alfred Morris at all costs.

I was dumb enough to draft Helu pretty early (6th pick or so), but lucky enough to snatch Morris off waivers. All of the sudden I have a quality back and a handcuff by holding on to Helu.