• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking for Indy 500 tickets

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm planning on going to the Indy 500 next year, but what is the best way to get tickets? I went to IMS website where I'm supposed to fill out an application with up to 3 preferences of sections to sit in. But the sections I'm most interested in (Penthouse level) are not an option. Does this mean they are sold out? Or do they hold these sections for prior ticket buyers? I'm wondering if I wait closer to the race, do more seats become available? Or should I try stub hub...even though the prices for seats right now are 2-3 times more than face value? I know Andy is a veteran of the Speedway, but I'd be thankful for anyone's input who has been to the Speedway.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Returning spectators always get first option on their seats from the prior year. After that, 1st option on 'the best available' seats goes to returning spectators, based on how many years that they've been attending.

If you are hoping for seats in the penthouse sections, your best bet is to wait & see if any of them show up on a resale site as the race draws closer. Just understand that you may get the tickets for that year, but the seller will retain the 1st repurchase rights to them for the following years.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense.. Thanks for the info. I'm not quite sure what I will try. But I probably shouldn't sweat it too much, as it'll be great just being there.