• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking At The Niners Schedule

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the Niners struggle with the Packers these days. They always have a chance to win because of Rodgers, but I feel like the Niners really dominate those games.

Me neither. That's why I said "good teams or teams that they struggle with". GB falls into the "Good team" category.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that can give the Niners O-line fits, are the teams that have the best chance of winning...
Really, it comes down to the trenches on both sides of the ball...

The Rams certainly fall into that category and I'd say normally that Seattle does too but Crimson says a bunch of their defenders might not be available for the 49er game. I don't think GB, Indy or Houston really do. But as I said before, you cannot count any team out that has Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really that scared of Green Bay?

Seattle looks tough on the road in particular. But remember, they will be without Clemons and Irvin who make up a big part of that defensive front. Just not sure I am ready to anoint the seahawks as a team we struggle with after they won one of the last five.

Colts? They are a decent team with a very good QB, but I don't see the Colts at home as a particularly scary matchup.

Rams... Well, we did struggle with the rams last year to some degree. But one game was when Kaepernick replaced an injured smith (who was 7/8 for about 80 yards an a TD in the second quarter when Kaepernick replaced him) and Kaepernick did score 17 points in the 4th quarter to get us a tie. And in the second game, Kaepernicks third start as a QB in the NFL, it was just a tough game on the road after a long trip to New Orleans the week before.... The rams play us tough, and although I am not overly confident, I am not overly worried about this one either.

Texans at home.... Texans are a good team. I think the niners are better, why should this home game scare us too much?

I see 5-0 just as likely as 0-5 in the first five games personally. Most likely it will be 3-2 or 2-3, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we pulled out a 4-1 record by the fifth game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really that scared of Green Bay?

Seattle looks tough on the road in particular. But remember, they will be without Clemons and Irvin who make up a big part of that defensive front. Just not sure I am ready to anoint the seahawks as a team we struggle with after they won one of the last five.

Colts? They are a decent team with a very good QB, but I don't see the Colts at home as a particularly scary matchup.

Rams... Well, we did struggle with the rams last year to some degree. But one game was when Kaepernick replaced an injured smith (who was 7/8 for about 80 yards an a TD in the second quarter when Kaepernick replaced him) and Kaepernick did score 17 points in the 4th quarter to get us a tie. And in the second game, Kaepernicks third start as a QB in the NFL, it was just a tough game on the road after a long trip to New Orleans the week before.... The rams play us tough, and although I am not overly confident, I am not overly worried about this one either.

Texans at home.... Texans are a good team. I think the niners are better, why should this home game scare us too much?

I see 5-0 just as likely as 0-5 in the first five games personally. Most likely it will be 3-2 or 2-3, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we pulled out a 4-1 record by the fifth game.

Precisely why I said the first 5 games are against good teams or teams we perennially struggle with. The Seahawks, like the Packers, fall into the "good team" category

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that the 49ers have 10 days off between their last exhibition and their opener against GB.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the fact that the 49ers have 10 days off between their last exhibition and their opener against GB.

Factoring in specific injuries for certain teams and what it could/would/will do for certain players is one thing, but every team plays on Thursday night this week so everybody will have the same number of days off before the season starts.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Factoring in specific injuries for certain teams and what it could/would/will do for certain players is one thing, but every team plays on Thursday night this week so everybody will have the same number of days off before the season starts.

Pozz.. I think you're forgetting that the season kicks off on a Thursday night, Baltimore vs Denver

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize that.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ because its not true? Well, he is accurate in that every team gets the same number of days off 'before the season starts", but not the same number of days off before their first game. Two teams get a shorter week, and four teams get a longer first week.

there is not only a thursday game, there are two monday night games on Sept. 9th.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good. I'll take all the advantage I can get with having to play up there. As an aside, I have a feeling Russel Wilson may have a sophomore slump. I don't think he'll be as effective as he was last year.

Wilson is a great player, but I think teams may start to catch on to him a bit. Many of his biggest plays came when he was running around in the backfield - for as long as 15 seconds on one play. That allowed his receivers to come open and set up some huge gains. He's got good pocket presence and elusiveness, but I think teams will do a better job of containing him this year. I still think he'll be quite effective, but as with any young QB, you wonder what teams will do with the film he has produced and time to actually think about how to defend it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And I agree that I'll happily take any advantage we can get up in Seattle. I didn't realize Bennett was also having a toe procedure. It sounds pretty mundane, but they absolutely cannot afford to lose him for any time. They'll be relying on him heavily in the early going.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a great player, but I think teams may start to catch on to him a bit. Many of his biggest plays came when he was running around in the backfield - for as long as 15 seconds on one play. That allowed his receivers to come open and set up some huge gains. He's got good pocket presence and elusiveness, but I think teams will do a better job of containing him this year. I still think he'll be quite effective, but as with any young QB, you wonder what teams will do with the film he has produced and time to actually think about how to defend it.

I think keeping him in the pocket is the way to go. That cuts out a lot of his ability and plus it makes it harder for a short guy like him to see down field. When he does get outside they need to pound him like the Ravens did to Kaepernick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we go 14-2 or 16-0

We just need Crabtree and Manningham to be at 100%

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Culliver is injured, I can't see us losing a game, frankly.

Culliver is a good player. He made a few mistakes in the SB but he was on the butt end of a bunch of great/lucky plays by Ravens' receivers as well.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 13-3 with losses coming against the Seacunts, the Lambs, and @ NO (hard to beat them 3 times in a row).