• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looking ahead

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we can. Are you guys worried when you look at the Seahawks schedule then look at our's? Just thinking of How we showed up in our 2 losses and the tie there are no guarantees. I'm thinking we have to win 3 out 4 against Saints, Seahawks, Patriots, and Bears

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried. The Seahawks also have most of their remaining games at home, with the Bears and the Dolphins I think the only ones remaining on the road. They have been fantastic at home. I'm planning on going to the game here in Seattle, hopefully the 49ers will be more than 1/2 game ahead at that point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why worry about the other team's schedule? an easier schedule is only on paper.

if we expect to win the West, we have to beat the other West teams no matter. outside the West chit happens to us AND the Seahawks. they're not going undefeated rest of the way.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to last Sunday's game I wasn't worried about anything with this team - Now I realize we are not nearly as close to being an elite team as previously believed; thus my expectations and corresponding concern [worry] have diminished accordingly.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will be fine. They are still #1 in the division and they will most likely win 3 of the 4 games you listed. Why would you be afraid of the Patriots? 49ers have their number. Seahawks? Are they playing at home? Might be tough, but the 49ers still have the superior team inside and out. The Saints aren't going anywhere if they can't stop the 49ers offense. Frank Gore will run all over them.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will be fine. They are still #1 in the division and they will most likely win 3 of the 4 games you listed. Why would you be afraid of the Patriots? 49ers have their number. Seahawks? Are they playing at home? Might be tough, but the 49ers still have the superior team inside and out. The Saints aren't going anywhere if they can't stop the 49ers offense. Frank Gore will run all over them.

In what way do the 49ers have the Patriots number? They haven't played since 2008 and the Patriots won.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0 at home, with two squeakers against the Packers and Patriots.
1-4 on the road.

Not worried. Even if they have "easy" teams on the road... they are not a very good team, they just have a tremendous home field advantage and it makes them appear better than they really are on the win/loss page. Don't fall into the propaganda trap that they're good enough to beat anyone because of how much better they seem to be at home...

All Seattle is to me is proof that a stadium engineered to create a deafening fan presence can give a team such an advantage that it puts them in the hunt for the playoffs when they are really a team that should be in the hunt for a top 10 pick.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0 at home, with two squeakers against the Packers and Patriots.
1-4 on the road.

Not worried. Even if they have "easy" teams on the road... they are not a very good team, they just have a tremendous home field advantage and it makes them appear better than they really are on the win/loss page. Don't fall into the propaganda trap that they're good enough to beat anyone because of how much better they seem to be at home...

All Seattle is to me is proof that a stadium engineered to create a deafening fan presence can give a team such an advantage that it puts them in the hunt for the playoffs when they are really a team that should be in the hunt for a top 10 pick.

I think you're underestimating Seattle. They have a good defense and a good running game. That's same type of formula we won with last year. Albeit our defense last year was a bit better than Seattle's this year.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were 4-1 at Home. I remember watching Green Bay beat them.

Category 5o

Errday Trollin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or vise-versa but with pass/run substituted for the Saints offense.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything the NO game became much more competitive than it looked like earlier in the season....

We need to win all 4 IMO... 3-1 would be ok but win 4.... one game at a time.

Seahawks, they control their own destiny. It comes down to the rematch in Seattle. Niners win, they're "in", Seahawks win, they're "in".... that game should be tremendous and considering it's late in the season, 12/23 (should be SNF NFL!!!!) it will be a very surreal playoff game.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're underestimating Seattle. They have a good defense and a good running game. That's same type of formula we won with last year. Albeit our defense last year was a bit better than Seattle's this year.

+1 Seattle is a young, inconsistent, but rapidly improving team. That means they're capable of beating the Packers, Patriots, and Cowboys at home and narrowly losing to the Rams, Cardinals, Lions on the road. So the fact that they have 3 games at home against beatable teams (it will be a hard fought game for us to win there), means they could easily go 9-7 or 10-6 if they also beat Buffalo. We have some pretty tough road games remaining.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If anything the NO game became much more competitive than it looked like earlier in the season....

We need to win all 4 IMO... 3-1 would be ok but win 4.... one game at a time.

Seahawks, they control their own destiny. It comes down to the rematch in Seattle. Niners win, they're "in", Seahawks win, they're "in".... that game should be tremendous and considering it's late in the season, 12/23 (should be SNF NFL!!!!) it will be a very surreal playoff game.

i get the gist with the re-match, but it is the 49ers who control their own destiny. we're leading the West which so far includes the tie breaker.

do think the Seahawks are a competitive team, but we have a better team remaining opponents not withstanding.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or vise-versa but with pass/run substituted for the Saints offense.

Yeah, I was saying this in another thread that the Saints game is pretty scary. They are playing really well right now and they are even more tough at home where the game will be. The Niners have to shore up the defense (especially run) or the rest of this season could get dicey.