• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead to 2014 opponents.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this is simply a consequence of geography. We live in a big country, so nuances like this in the schedule are sometimes unavoidable. Same with teams playing in snow games. There is not a lot we can do about it. If the league starts trying to mitigate size and geography out of the scheduling that's a bit of over kill in my opinion. But fixing the bye disparity would be a nice step in the right direction.

I didn't mean so much the miles thing as the start time. It wouldn't be too hard to make sure the west coast teams that have to travel to the east coast get first dibs on the late afternoon, or if it is looking like a quality game then the night game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean so much the miles thing as the start time. It wouldn't be too hard to make sure the west coast teams that have to travel to the east coast get first dibs on the late afternoon, or if it is looking like a quality game then the night game.

Yeah, that's a good point. I think the networks have a little to say about that, too. Not entirely certain to be honest.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The match up with the Patriots is part of the AFC West vs AFC East series. The last time this happened was 2011, when the Patriots did travel to Denver. This series generally alternates home and away games, so it's the Broncos turn to make the trip. As for these past two seasons, they are part of the Broncos first place schedule. I don't know why/how they decide to make the Broncos travel in this game, but the alternative would have been a road game in Baltimore this year and a road game in Houston last year.

I'm okay with it because the schedule methodology in the NFL is a fair and uniform approach. Generally where you have complaints about the schedules you have fans who don't understand the scheduling methodology.

So, you mean like yourself? lol

I understand how the schedule is put together. I was just pointing out that we happen to be headed to Foxboro again next season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you mean like yourself? lol

I understand how the schedule is put together. I was just pointing out that we happen to be headed to Foxboro again next season.

That wasn't a complaint. It was an acknowledgement that I do not know how they decide home/away for the two additional games on a given team's schedule. For example, the Broncos played a first place schedule this year and last. That meant the Patriots and Texans last year, and the Patriots and Ravens this year. All I am saying is I don't know how they determine home and away in those two games. The rest of the scheduling is a very logical and easy to understand.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before these past 2 years the last six games in the regular season broke down in favor of the Broncos 4-2 so the last 2 years have evened it out 4-4 over the last 8. I know it sucks for us to have to keep going back to NE but pretty sure the schedule should work out where after this next year the Broncos would have the next couple in Denver. I could be off on that but I do think it works out that way. It all eventually works itself back to even in the NFL but definitely get tired of 3 years straight. Seems like they could come up with a better formula where at most a team will get 2 years in a row.

That's what I'm saying. Wasn't the last time he played in Denver when McDickels was the coach and he got all crazy pumped after the game? That was so funny. I remember thinking he was gonna be the next genius NFL coach and lead us to SB's. That 2nd half season collapse was epic, and the rest is history :gaah:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't a complaint. It was an acknowledgement that I do not know how they decide home/away for the two additional games on a given team's schedule. For example, the Broncos played a first place schedule this year and last. That meant the Patriots and Texans last year, and the Patriots and Ravens this year. All I am saying is I don't know how they determine home and away in those two games. The rest of the scheduling is a very logical and easy to understand.

Agreed. I was kidding with ya.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Wasn't the last time he played in Denver when McDickels was the coach and he got all crazy pumped after the game? That was so funny. I remember thinking he was gonna be the next genius NFL coach and lead us to SB's. That 2nd half season collapse was epic, and the rest is history :gaah:

The actual last home game was the regular season game in 2011 with Tebow as the quarterback. We were up 16-7 at one point after scoring on our first 3 possessions but then went on to fumble I think 3 times in the 2nd quarter.