• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lone star sized showdown Rangers vs. Astros 04/19-04/21

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We somehow have won games that on paper did not look favorable. Well, Verlander vs Smyly was as expected. Houston has some nice starting pitching as much as I hate to say it and we have just a couple of pieces. But we are in a rebuild. Just keep reminding yourself that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We somehow have won games that on paper did not look favorable. Well, Verlander vs Smyly was as expected. Houston has some nice starting pitching as much as I hate to say it and we have just a couple of pieces. But we are in a rebuild. Just keep reminding yourself that.
Well spoken.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you’re saying, but you can’t fault people for wanting the team to stay “relevant” as long as possible.

It’s never fun looking up in June and your team is already 15-20 games back.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to see Brett Martin do well in his debut and I got to see Gallo get two hits. Those are the kind of things this season is all about.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to see Brett Martin do well in his debut and I got to see Gallo get two hits. Those are the kind of things this season is all about.

You also got to see the odor replacement go deep!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That HR that Gallo hit, reminded me of a moon shot that Ken Griffey Jr. hit over the concourse down the right field line. Only other time I have seen a ball hit over the concourse out there.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you’re saying, but you can’t fault people for wanting the team to stay “relevant” as long as possible.

It’s never fun looking up in June and your team is already 15-20 games back.
I don't fault anyone for feeling differently than I do, but if they are that far out by late June it won't bother me too much.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also got to see the odor replacement go deep!

Maybe, but probably not.

We'll just have to see how Woodward decides to handle it but unless I miss my guess he'll put Rougie right back into the starting lineup for 3 reasons, he's been the starter, he has more upside and he makes more money. He'll also get a very long leash to get his head wrapped around not chasing shitty pitches out of the strike zone. He's shown glimpses of being more patient and when he is he is a very good player, check out his past stats compared to Santana's and you'll see what I mean. They've both been in the league about the same period of time and one has 106 HRs and the other has 14, case closed.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but probably not.

We'll just have to see how Woodward decides to handle it but unless I miss my guess he'll put Rougie right back into the starting lineup for 3 reasons, he's been the starter, he has more upside and he makes more money. He'll also get a very long leash to get his head wrapped around not chasing shitty pitches out of the strike zone. He's shown glimpses of being more patient and when he is he is a very good player, check out his past stats compared to Santana's and you'll see what I mean. They've both been in the league about the same period of time and one has 106 HRs and the other has 14, case closed.

I know.....

It was mainly joking / part wishful thinking.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That HR that Gallo hit, reminded me of a moon shot that Ken Griffey Jr. hit over the concourse down the right field line. Only other time I have seen a ball hit over the concourse out there.

Great memories going to ballpark and seeing batting practice when Griffey and crew in town. HRS a plenty and one for my son via Rusty Greer.

Absolutely correct about Kids moonshots. I knew they were his without seeing who hit them. Perhaps the most gifted athlete I saw in person. Trout might be next minus the arm

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but probably not.

Odor has more upside defensively but Santana has made legit progress. Hoping Odor does not chase and gets back to crushing FBs in the zone

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Smyly in starting to find his way. Well this happens. Looking forward to second half of season

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game on June 13, 1994 when Canseco hit 3 HRs with one hitting the Target sign out beyond the BP. In that game Griffey hit one and it was so effortless looking. The Rangers won 17-9 as Juan Gone and Pudge also hit HRs. Fun game.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.....

It was mainly joking / part wishful thinking.

I know what you mean by the wishful thinking because I'm not enamored with 30HRs, 70RBIs and .200 BA either, way too many chances to drive in runs in critical situations and not getting the job done. I like to see at least 3 RBIs or more per HR cause that means the guy is driving in runs in a lot of different situations and not only when the game is already out of reach and the opposition pitchers are letting up.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean by the wishful thinking because I'm not enamored with 30HRs, 70RBIs and .200 BA either, way too many chances to drive in runs in critical situations and not getting the job done. I like to see at least 3 RBIs or more per HR cause that means the guy is driving in runs in a lot of different situations and not only when the game is already out of reach and the opposition pitchers are letting up.

Not to mention all the boneheaded plays in the field, on the base paths, and before this year ( so far), he was totally allergic to walking.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention all the boneheaded plays in the field, on the base paths, and before this year ( so far), he was totally allergic to walking.
I thought he played good "D" last year.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some guys know the zone well but have little patience at the plate when they're young, that usually comes with experience and age. BTA some guys never quite figure it out even though they have talent it just never quite comes together for them (can you say Carlos Gomez as a recent example). Eventually teams will stop giving the guy a chance because they're so erratic and cut their losses, is that in Rougies future or is being a perennially solid player who knows...

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys know the zone well but have little patience at the plate when they're young, that usually comes with experience and age. BTA some guys never quite figure it out even though they have talent it just never quite comes together for them (can you say Carlos Gomez as a recent example). Eventually teams will stop giving the guy a chance because they're so erratic and cut their losses, is that in Rougies future or is being a perennially solid player who knows...

The rangers seem smitten by Little Roogie. He’s not going anywhere I’m afraid.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Odor comes back, what do you do with Santana. I would send Wisdom down. Put Santana in CF and put DDJ on the bench.