• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOMBARDI FIRED, Oline coach too

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you haven't given him enough carries. That's why he fumbles. The guy probably hates playing for the team. I know I would if I was heisman contender.

Wrong guy. You're thinking of Melvin Gordon (or maybe Tevin Coleman?) He was a Heisman finalist. Ameer received 0 Heisman votes FYI. His pro team benched him too for fumbling. Pays to know the college game before your fantasy draft each year. Better luck next season.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got punked in your fantasy league again I see.

No I have Ingram, Gurley, and Gore. And you can blame the fantasy board here for hyping him up. I took him just in case of that upside.

But the truth is, he won't run well with limited carries. I think the lions don't have a clear direction on offense. Are they run first? Are they pass first? Just because he fumbled doesn't mean he shouldn't keep getting the ball. Who else do you have? Bell is playing hurt.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong guy. You're thinking of Melvin Gordon (or maybe Tevin Coleman?) He was a Heisman finalist. Ameer received 0 Heisman votes FYI. His pro team benched him too for fumbling. Pays to know the college game before your fantasy draft each year. Better luck next season.

Yeah he was my fifth RB drafted behind Ingram, Gore, Gurley, and Spiller. And I also have Jones. I just hate stupid OCs.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lions.com’s Tim Twentyman reports OC Jim Bob Cooter has simplified some of Detroit’s running and protection schemes.

The Lions are moving to a more traditional run scheme after using a Saints-based three-back committee under ex-OC Joe Lombardi. Lombardi’s firing should create more carries for Ameer Abdullah, but there might only be subtle changes on a short turnaround in London. Abdullah is our No. 29 running back for Week 8. - Rotoworld "

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bob Cooter is the next great offensive coordinator. Write that down!

Take a bow, Bishop.

I'm going out on a limb and say Lions fans will be pleasantly surprised by the offense after the bye week. Even next week it should be better than the abomination we saw Sunday.

Toot tooooooooooooot.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a bow, Bishop.

No sir. I wasn't making any kind of prediction, more hoping than anything. I won't take credit for that. Hell, even more so, I'm not ready to call James Robert great yet.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir. I wasn't making any kind of prediction, more hoping than anything. I won't take credit for that. Hell, even more so, I'm not ready to call James Robert great yet.

Okay then. I'll take all the credit. :hammer:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'd feel a lot better about yesterday's game, if Jam Winston hadn't thrown for 5 TDs the week before.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the thread to post the Dolphins finally trying to be the Lions and fire the OC? Now they're showing they want to win...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good spot to speak on the OL or blocking issues.

Been posting all over about me breaking down the game. IMO there are still too many miss blocks. I won't say missed assignments as in not knowing like Ebron.

Reiff had two terrible blocks one lead to a fumble.

Tomlinson missed two blocks also

Manny seemed clean and if he in fact made the blocking calls, did a decent job. He might of missed twice if he was supposed to give help to Warford and Tomlinson twice.

Warford missed twice and see Manny statement above, and missed a twist, got bullrushed once bad

Ola was clean on all plays but one and impressed me several others with his footwork and technique. Weird he was on a PS and not a roster. He picked up the twist that Warford missed and Stafford scrambled for first down there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with blocking issues that the OL had, Pettigrew, Ebron, and Burton together had six plays that they missed on when the line didn't. So it's not all on the OL when in full speed it seems it is. Too many plays were breakdowns happen.

Pass pro was really clean most of the night. Stafford had ample time on most plays. He truly looks more comfortable under Cooter than Lonbardi already.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice Riddick out ran his blocks in screens. Once no choice as they were slow getting over and Riddick was tripped up just short of the sticks.

Second time they weren't that slow but Riddick did t let it set up and out ran the again. Prolly why the screens to Bell work good. His OL out run him in all seriousness, so the blocks set up.