• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ USC and Lane Kiffin

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ NN/Toby

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin is a joke and I would want him fired immediately if he were the coach of my team.

However, this story, in a vacuum, is a very good sign for the program (if it actually occurred as reported). To have the younger players call out the older players publicly for dogging it shou=ws that they have some real leadership coming up through the program.

Unfortunately, this did not happen in a vacuum. Kiffin has a history of being less than mature and having a lack of control of his teams. Add to that the complete nose-dive that happened with the team this year, and I think you have to give him the negative-benefit-of-the-doubt on this one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight on! Dozen or so Trojans involved in post-bowl altercation | CollegeFootballTalk

I'm sure it had a lot to do with the effort some of the players gave in that game. It looked like they were disinterested and didn't want to be there and it showed in their play. It was an embarrassment. If the Sun Bowl is too small for ya, then you shouldn't even go. Turn down the frickin' invite before putting up a performance like that.....against a team with a losing record, no less.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The University of Tennessee approves of this thread. :10:

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin is a complete turd and his senile old dad completely sucked ass. We want Roman!!!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in LA so here is the lowdown from the dirty south of Cali. Kiffin is being given a longer rope to hang himself with by AD Pat Haden because of the mess that Carroll left the program in. So Haden recognizes that Kiffin's locker room is split between guys he recruited and guys left over from the Carroll days as well as recognizing the difficulty that navigating a program through bowl shit storms that Carroll left while still bringing in (somehow with less scholarships per NCAA) top recruiting classes every year. So all the USC fans that want Kiffin gone will most likely have to wait until his deal is up in two years.

The one positive from this is that "Kiffin's guys" are the ones that were pissed with the terrible effort that the upperclassmen showed in that final humiliating bowl loss to GT. If there is a positive in a brawl post game, its that your younger players are not afraid to mix it up and are willing to fight for what they believe, no pun intended.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in LA so here is the lowdown from the dirty south of Cali. Kiffin is being given a longer rope to hang himself with by AD Pat Haden because of the mess that Carroll left the program in. So Haden recognizes that Kiffin's locker room is split between guys he recruited and guys left over from the Carroll days as well as recognizing the difficulty that navigating a program through bowl shit storms that Carroll left while still bringing in (somehow with less scholarships per NCAA) top recruiting classes every year. So all the USC fans that want Kiffin gone will most likely have to wait until his deal is up in two years.

The one positive from this is that "Kiffin's guys" are the ones that were pissed with the terrible effort that the upperclassmen showed in that final humiliating bowl loss to GT. If there is a positive in a brawl post game, its that your younger players are not afraid to mix it up and are willing to fight for what they believe, no pun intended.

Agree with this post, just saying that this would be true when any coach leaves, unless the replacement coach was with the team before the coach left (like with Oregon). But I do think the NCAA sanctions will give him some rope. However, as the guys recruited just prior to last year, were eligible, so unless they believed the seniors from before had left due to the sanctions and therefore they couldn't win at USC, they should join and try to win it. No reason for them to not come.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this post, just saying that this would be true when any coach leaves, unless the replacement coach was with the team before the coach left (like with Oregon). But I do think the NCAA sanctions will give him some rope. However, as the guys recruited just prior to last year, were eligible, so unless they believed the seniors from before had left due to the sanctions and therefore they couldn't win at USC, they should join and try to win it. No reason for them to not come.

You are totally right but if you COMBINE the half/half roster with bowl and scholarship sanctions, that is some difficult terrain to navigate through and still be successful. Hence the added rope. But don't get it twisted. Bowl games and playing in front of a National audience is one of the carrots these coaches dangle in recruitment time so minimizing the prospect of a bowl appearance is not wise. Every one of these top recruits seem to have visions of playing in front of packed stadiums, playing on National TV, with the NFL waiting in the (in their minds) not so distant futures. Those bowls and that TV time are catalysts to help propel these athletes to the next level in their own minds.