• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Dallas

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid fucking rule. When they took CJ's TD away you would think it would have been addressed. But now that it happened to Jerry Jones wanna bet the competition committee takes a look at it this offseason.

I hate to see a bad call or bad rule effect any game but the fact it was Dez Bryant makes my weekend!

I agree with Calvin being cheated out of a TD. But I love the fact that Rule is ironed out and it's interpretation puts every Official on the same page. To change that Rule is another Slap in the face, IMO. Dez Bryant lost control of the ball when Sam Shields knocked it loose and then the Ground played it's part while Dez was falling. Had Dez broke the plane before hitting the Ground I do believe it would've been a TD.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the replay time and time again.....
Was their enough evidence to overturn the call?

YES...
Item 1: Player going to the Ground.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone, If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touoches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Basically it says: the Ground can't cause a Fumble on a Passing Play.