• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL at AJ McCarron

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was started for one reason......to make fun of the Bama fans that thought he was a first rounder. No more, no less.

You guys can get into a pissing match all you want. I harbor no ill will towards the kid, I hope he makes it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ seemed to get cockier as his time went on at Bama, especially his senior year. He did a great job at Bama and I hope he does well but this whole thing isn't all that surprising imo. I'm sure he'll still be more productive than that sissy McCoy guy anyway... :wink:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron is getting crushed onthe NFL Network - "cocky, skipped Senior bowl, teams also put off by reality TV show".

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I remember 4down20 arguing me DOWN that he was a sure fire first rounder, LMAO

No you don't. I argued he wasn't just a "game manager" and mentioned someone else had him projected as a 1st rounder. I have said repeatedly I have no idea how anyone is going to do in the draft.

I've read he didn't do well in interviews.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't. I argued he wasn't just a "game manager" and mentioned someone else had him projected as a 1st rounder. I have said repeatedly I have no idea how anyone is going to do in the draft.

I've read he didn't do well in interviews.

You only posted that when I said there was no way he was a first rounder, come off it.

He's a game manager. Always was. STILL is.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron is getting crushed onthe NFL Network - "cocky, skipped Senior bowl, teams also put off by reality TV show".

Sounds crazy but I do think a combination of the reality show, not playing in the hometown senior bowl and some of his comments in the press have really hurt AJ. My guess is teams view him as a project but one that brings distractions and that is very problematic.

When that reality show was announced I did think this is going to drop him but had no idea this far. IMO the guy did well at the combined and made solid throws so it all comes down to off the field stuff.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of those same teams prolly already employ the cocky wife beater types we see more and more of these days. Seems if you're a good NFL player these things don't seem as bad. If the things mentioned above are McCarron's biggest issues, as a Bama fan, I'll take that all day. :noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only posted that when I said there was no way he was a first rounder, come off it.

He's a game manager. Always was. STILL is.

Any QB is a "game manager" if they are worth a shit. But he wasn't "just" a game manager and made many throws.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any QB is a "game manager" if they are worth a shit. But he wasn't "just" a game manager and made many throws.

and yet with his 5.7 grade he is still sitting on the board well into the 5th round.

:suds:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone can make throws with NO pressure. He's damn near the DEFINITION of a game manager. Pretty much every Bama QB has been. I've never seen him make an off schedule play.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can make throws with NO pressure. He's damn near the DEFINITION of a game manager. Pretty much every Bama QB has been. I've never seen him make an off schedule play.

Inflated OOC games can come back and bite a player in the azzler. Hell IF I was a Bama player, I would be screamin for better competition all around during my tenure there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet with his 5.7 grade he is still sitting on the board well into the 5th round.

:suds:

Bad interviews is what I heard.

It's not that surprising, he's been doing it since the end of last year. When asked about what happened to Alabama vs Auburn and Oklahoma he keeps blaming everyone else for not trying hard enough and being complacent. The problem with that is - that is on leadership if true, and he is supposed to be the leadership and he should be blaming himself, but he isn't.

I've been :L myself when I heard the interviews. Even at the A-Day game he was interviewed and still saying it. He should have owned up and took responsibility for it himself, but he's just passing the buck and that isn't going to play well with teams.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was started for one reason......to make fun of the Bama fans that thought he was a first rounder. No more, no less.

You guys can get into a pissing match all you want. I harbor no ill will towards the kid, I hope he makes it.

Maybe trot out some posts that show any who did, it might be nice. Otherwise it comes off as petty to me.

AJ for four years did everything asked of him and was an amazing ambassador for the University of Alabama. He never got arrested, never got into any trouble at all and tried to be a voice of reason and strong captain for the team at all times.

To LOL at him seems petty to me seeing as his comments were "With the draft just over a week away, McCarron says he has been told there is a chance he could hear his name called by the end of the first round.

“They felt like I could go anywhere from 16-35,” McCarron said during an appearance on the Paul Finebaum Show. “I believe that, too. At the same time, I don’t have my hopes set on anything. Whatever happens, happens. It’s a blessing for me to even be in this situation.”

Seems to me like someone didnt read the article very well or their short term memory is shit. I would not hold too much stock in draft position seeing as some of the greats have not been first rounders either. Anyone remember Ryan Leaf or Joey Harrington, real stellar careers those two first rounders had. Even the great Colt McCoy has been pretty much a disappointment in the NFL and has thrown almost as many interceptions as touchdowns. Glass houses people.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inflated OOC games can come back and bite a player in the azzler. Hell IF I was a Bama player, I would be screamin for better competition all around during my tenure there.

Good luck with Portland state and good luck with our former walk on QB.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad interviews is what I heard.

It's not that surprising, he's been doing it since the end of last year. When asked about what happened to Alabama vs Auburn and Oklahoma he keeps blaming everyone else for not trying hard enough and being complacent. The problem with that is - that is on leadership if true, and he is supposed to be the leadership and he should be blaming himself, but he isn't.

I've been :L myself when I heard the interviews. Even at the A-Day game he was interviewed and still saying it. He should have owned up and took responsibility for it himself, but he's just passing the buck and that isn't going to play well with teams.

All good to me either way. Just interesting to watch. Hope if he lands on a team he finds success.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good to me either way. Just interesting to watch. Hope if he lands on a team he finds success.

Oh, and on top of him blaming everyone else, his performance in the Oklahoma game itself was piss poor and probably the worse game of his career, but isn't taking responsibility for it.