• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Locker, Cutler or Newton

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've currently got Jay Cutler and Cam Newton, Jake Locker is available...

should i drop Cutler or Newton and grab Locker, or hold tight with who i have

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've currently got Jay Cutler and Cam Newton, Jake Locker is available...

should i drop Cutler or Newton and grab Locker, or hold tight with who i have

I wouldn't drop one of them for Locker. Yes he looked alright last week, but his first couple years in the league have built up enough skepticism that I'm not taking him over a more proven commodity like Cam or Jay just because he looked "pretty good" against KC. He's gonna look "pretty good" against Dallas this week as well, most QB's do. But while Dallas is easily a bottom feeder defense, KC could very well end up right there with them. We don't know for sure, they shouldn't, but Houston shouldn't have been so bad defensively last year either. Point is, Locker still hasn't proven anything to make a switch that big.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't drop one of them for Locker. Yes he looked alright last week, but his first couple years in the league have built up enough skepticism that I'm not taking him over a more proven commodity like Cam or Jay just because he looked "pretty good" against KC. He's gonna look "pretty good" against Dallas this week as well, most QB's do. But while Dallas is easily a bottom feeder defense, KC could very well end up right there with them. We don't know for sure, they shouldn't, but Houston shouldn't have been so bad defensively last year either. Point is, Locker still hasn't proven anything to make a switch that big.

:agree:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fair enough...given that he'll likely have a pretty good week vs dallas, what do you think about dumping a receiver that i likely wont be using, grabbing locker for the week.

i'm not sold on cam being healthy yet, and while i'm sure cutler will be throwing a lot vs 49ers to try to catch up, i'm also fairly convinced he will have a multiple turnover type game....and Dallas sucks.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy talk no need for Locker.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if 10 teams or less I would say drop cam newton, with full expectation to be able to pick him up again if needed... I think locker is going to have a good week this week, and if you like him more than cam or Cutler this week, you have the security blanket of the other in case of failure...

If this is a 14 or larger team league, I would not drop anyone you have for locker... In a 12 team league it would all depend on the other teams need of QB, if anyone is jonesing for a QB I would not drop a qb for locker, and would only drop players like Jeremy kerley and other #5 WRs with limited potential...