• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd...He Still Doesn't Get It!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd Quote:

"I look in the mirror every night and know I gave it everything I had every day," McClendon said. "And my players gave me everything they had every day. Some nights it was good enough, some nights it wasn't very good. But the effort was always there. Obviously we have to shore some things up from a talent standpoint."

Still pointing the finger the other way. SMH!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I never thought we'd be as good as we were last year from a bullpen standpoint, but I certainly didn't think we'd be as bad [this year]," McClendon said. "To think Leone is in the Minor Leagues, Medina is in the Minor Leagues, Farquhar spent significant time in the Minor Leagues, Wilhelmsen. Rodney was released. You can go on and on and on. The new faces in the bullpen now for the most part aren't quite ready. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would happen."

"We didn't have a lot of track stars out there," McClendon said. "Going into next year, we probably need to get a little more athletic on the connecting ends of our lineup to help produce runs."

"There are a lot of good things going on with this club," he said. "They have an emerging superstar in Taijuan Walker. I think he's going to be anchoring this staff for a long time. We have a nice group of core players that are championship-quality players. Now there are pieces that we need around the edges to make us better, but that's a work in progress and I'm proud of where this club is now from when I took it over.

"This journey this year was disappointing, there's no question about it, but each and every season has a different journey to it and, like I told each and every one of my players, we'll be better because of this. You learn from your past and sometimes when you're on the verge of winning, most clubs take a step back. It's unfortunate, but I think this club is in a position to win going forward."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This club is in a much better position now than the first day I got here. There are a lot of good things going on with this club," McClendon said. "This journey this year was disappointing, there's no question about it ... Like I told my players, we'll be better because of this. You learn from your past. Sometimes when you're on the verge of winning, most clubs take a step back. It's unfortunate but I think this club is in a position to win going forward."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, he's talking as though he is a HS or college manager where you have limited games and time to adjust. The team isn't full of freshman with their first playing time against more experienced competition.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd Quote:

"I look in the mirror every night and know I gave it everything I had every day," McClendon said. "And my players gave me everything they had every day. Some nights it was good enough, some nights it wasn't very good. But the effort was always there. Obviously we have to shore some things up from a talent standpoint."
No, obviously, you have to find some way to teach these slackers how to play the damn GAME!

justsayin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see how he keeps his job.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson cruz got alot of boo's lastnight in his $3000 bleached jeans while raising the 12th flag. It brought a tear to my eye... because the fans booing werent at the game to take a million selfies like the majority of mariner fans... they actually cared about the action on the field. I cannot remembef the last time anything close to that happened in safeco...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson cruz got alot of boo's lastnight in his $3000 bleached jeans while raising the 12th flag. It brought a tear to my eye... because the fans booing werent at the game to take a million selfies like the majority of mariner fans... they actually cared about the action on the field. I cannot remembef the last time anything close to that happened in safeco...

You mean the 'Cruuuuuz' calls at the game?

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 'Cruuuuuz' calls at the game?

no, half the people in the section I was in were booing, not cruuzing. easy to tell the difference, there was no CRRRRRRRUUUU in that BOOOO

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
average dallas keuchel just destroyed the yanks to eliminate them from the playoffs.

pretty sure he has a job next season.

wonder if lloyd will?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he pinch hit Guti that one close game we had when Guti was as hot as any hitter on the team, I knew Lloyd just didn't understand momentum at all.. I knew we would never win with that guy ... Guti was ON FIRE at the time and actually had a couple game winning hits just prior ... So you pinch hit him with the game on the line ?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he pinch hit Guti that one close game we had when Guti was as hot as any hitter on the team, I knew Lloyd just didn't understand momentum at all.. I knew we would never win with that guy ... Guti was ON FIRE at the time and actually had a couple game winning hits just prior ... So you pinch hit him with the game on the line ?

I remember that. A perfect example of why Lloyd should be gone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. A perfect example of why Lloyd should be gone.

Glad you remembered what I was talking about ... Take the guy that's on fire and bench him with the game on the line...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you remembered what I was talking about ... Take the guy that's on fire and bench him with the game on the line...

Lloyd did that all the time. The few times Ackley would put together a few good games he'd sit him. Or my favorite was when I went to two games and Zunino was the frickin DH.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad this trash is gone from our org.