• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Listened to Lapham after the Game

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening the post game on the way home today and heard Dalton was 25-32 and Lapham said he could have easily been 29 for 32 had there not been about 4 dropped balls by his count. 115 QB rating, 3rd 100 rating out of 6 games, rookie QB, Rookie #1 WR, rookie OCoord.

I know Dalton doesn't have the strongest arm, and he doesn't have the height, speed or ellusiveness of Newton to satisfy Kramer (and the fact Kramer will always hate a red head unless he is balls deep in them), Dalton is really resembling a young Chad Pennington type of QB. Great game manager, doesn't fold under pressure, composed, accurate, has zip over the middle of the field when he needs it, can throw on the roll out really well, and he is a natural born leader...something both Anderson and Esiason both were and took us to SB's.

It may take Dalton a few years, but I think he has the "it" factor to get us to a SB if he is given a good supporting cast.

I like him, and his red hair looks f'n great when he is on the sidelines walking around with out his helmet and in a Bengals jersey. No color clash or anything. He should really consider growing a thick ass must/goat and streaking his hair to give him a grizzly, gonna eat your baby type of look.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You would have enjoyed the game Crash. Dalton put mustard on several balls over the middle, and was victimized by Jerome "dropsy" Simpson more than once. Dalton played his best game so far. He looked decisive, threw it hard, and was really accurate.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm warmin up to the freak.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening the post game on the way home today and heard Dalton was 25-32 and Lapham said he could have easily been 29 for 32 had there not been about 4 dropped balls by his count. 115 QB rating, 3rd 100 rating out of 6 games, rookie QB, Rookie #1 WR, rookie OCoord.

I know Dalton doesn't have the strongest arm, and he doesn't have the height, speed or ellusiveness of Newton to satisfy Kramer (and the fact Kramer will always hate a red head unless he is balls deep in them), Dalton is really resembling a young Chad Pennington type of QB. Great game manager, doesn't fold under pressure, composed, accurate, has zip over the middle of the field when he needs it, can throw on the roll out really well, and he is a natural born leader...something both Anderson and Esiason both were and took us to SB's.

It may take Dalton a few years, but I think he has the "it" factor to get us to a SB if he is given a good supporting cast.

I like him, and his red hair looks f'n great when he is on the sidelines walking around with out his helmet and in a Bengals jersey. No color clash or anything. He should really consider growing a thick ass must/goat and streaking his hair to give him a grizzly, gonna eat your baby type of look.

Been saying that since the draft.

He won't "wow" you. But he'll manage the game, is a great leader, and will win.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flat out love the Ginger.... I have no idea how we got so lucky.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to see our Katy, TX boy show you guys and the rest of the league to stop doubting him. He has always just won games.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's won me over.......getting a little better each week......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's won me over.......getting a little better each week......

This.

I don't care how the bad the defense you're playing is, 25/32 is still 25/32. That said, I am still going to proceed with cautious optimism considering the easy defenses so far and since he's still struggled in several games this short season, but the potential is undeniable. And that's the important part.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

I don't care how the bad the defense you're playing is, 25/32 is still 25/32. That said, I am still going to proceed with cautious optimism considering the easy defenses so far and since he's still struggled in several games this short season, but the potential is undeniable. And that's the important part.

You get what Dalton is giving us froem a lot of veteran QB's in this league. He has made mistakes, but he is just a rookie, that had zero offseason, no one to mentor him, thrown directly into the fire, WITH THE BENGALS! It isn't like...oh, wow, look what Dalton can do with the veteran offense of the Patriots. This is the Bengals.

A RB who has as many crime convictions as yards, a rookie WR, a rookie OC in this league, an offenisve line that was just f'n miserable last year and a city that has almost abandoned its team until they see change.

Basically telling Dalton, we don't believe in you like Brown does, so we are not goign to show up at games until you make us forget about our 2 time Pro-bowl QB in Palmer.

Pretty amazing what he has done actually.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was a skeptic at first, but now I think a Pennington comparison is underselling Dalton's talent..

He doesn't have the power arm for downfield throws, but he has plenty of zip on the short and intermediate routes...

I think he's going to be a Matt Ryan type player

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's still going to have some bad games this year, especially when he starts seeing the blitzes and the defenses Pitt and Baltimore will throw at him. He has been much better than I expected though, so far.