• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions to Trade Bucs for Tim Wright (?)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fauria gives Bradford a red-zone target with elite size and catching radius, and Bell fits with Kelly's one-cut power running scheme very well and he's a 3-down back who can catch the ball and pass protect well.

I'm not saying it's a slam-dunk, but there's value both ways there, imo...

Bell may fit a power running scheme, but Bell wouldn't see the field for Philly. They have one of the best pass catching running backs already in Sproles and have two RB's that will eat all the carries in Murray and Ryan Mathews.

I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit try to deal Fauria for Barner. I'd love to find a guy to return kicks, so Detroit doesn't have to put Abdullah back there.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles coach Chip Kelly said RB Kenjon Barner is "making a huge case" for a roster spot.
Barner already has two punt return touchdowns this preseason and has added 57 yards on 12 offensive touches. With DeMarco Murray, Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles ahead of him on the depth chart, Barner will need the Eagles to keep four running backs to nab a roster spot. Philadelphia only kept three last season. Aug 24 - 8:59 AM
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Bell wouldn't make sense on the Eagles. Maybe some other team.
I think he makes perfect sense backing up Murray and Mathews, especially as both backs have missed a lot of time due to injuries in their respective careers. Just because they only kept three RBs last year doesn't mean that's the number they'll always go with, or even prefer. Most teams keep at least 4 RBs on a roster...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell may fit a power running scheme, but Bell wouldn't see the field for Philly. They have one of the best pass catching running backs already in Sproles and have two RB's that will eat all the carries in Murray and Ryan Mathews.

I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit try to deal Fauria for Barner. I'd love to find a guy to return kicks, so Detroit doesn't have to put Abdullah back there.
Both Murray and Mathews are huge durability concerns, though, and Kelly likes to rotate two power backs throughout the game to keep everyone fresh (at least in theory). Bell would give them a solid "next man up" if (when) either guy goes down. He was reportedly a pretty big fan of Chris Polk as a reserve back before he signed with the Texans, so he's not opposed to carrying bigger backs for depth.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Brindza. Wright will most likely just be a backup for Ebron as Pettigrew does not have the capability to run those routes(at least not before the sun goes down anyway).

Wright must be the most valuable player in the league, LOL. TB has already gotten an All pro guard and now a decent kicker. I wonder what they will get next year for him?

One less decision to make now. I would be OK with or without Fauria. Maybe he goes on te PUPpy list.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes perfect sense backing up Murray and Mathews, especially as both backs have missed a lot of time due to injuries in their respective careers. Just because they only kept three RBs last year doesn't mean that's the number they'll always go with, or even prefer. Most teams keep at least 4 RBs on a roster...

Philly has Darren Sproles too.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has Darren Sproles too.
Right, but he fills an entirely different role in their offense that wouldn't be impacted or have an impact on Bell. Sproles doesn't really back up Murray or Mathews.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew was questioning what really happened to Fauria and that alleged injury involving his new puppy

First I've heard of this. Do you have a link?

Swarm, I cannot find the articles but there was one each from "Freep (Birkett)" and "Det Lions.com (O'Hara)" in conversation with Mayhew, back around March/April, discussing players coming off injury. Those discussed were Broyles, VanNoy, Fauria, Tully, Waddle, Bell. The convos from both writer's asked Mayhew, how did the injury occur to Fauria and what's his prognosis. Mayhew clearly replied that, Fauria told him, coach Caldwell, that he tripped trying to avoid his puppy. Mayhew replied (I'm paraphrasing here), "Joseph said he tripped over his dog, so I got to go with that."

(BB_72 asks everyone, how do you interpret Mayhew's comment)

maybe someone can find one of those two articles in archives from either source.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, I cannot find the articles but there was one each from "Freep (Birkett)" and "Det Lions.com (O'Hara)" in conversation with Mayhew, back around March/April, discussing players coming off injury. Those discussed were Broyles, VanNoy, Fauria, Tully, Waddle, Bell. The convos from both writer's asked Mayhew, how did the injury occur to Fauria and what's his prognosis. Mayhew clearly replied that, Fauria told him, coach Caldwell, that he tripped trying to avoid his puppy. Mayhew replied (I'm paraphrasing here), "Joseph said he tripped over his dog, so I got to go with that."

(BB_72 asks everyone, how do you interpret Mayhew's comment)

maybe someone can find one of those two articles in archives from either source.
I've read references on Mlive to both the players and the front office not caring much for Fauria on a personal level.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My interpretation from both articles, how they were worded was, that Mayhew and Caldwell both privately, under their breathe, not verbally or written publicy, were calling him a liar, that the injury didn't come about how Fauria said it did, lost their trust in Fauria. I must add on, that Fauria declined surgery back in November and chose to rehab it instead and that didn't go over so well with Mayhew and Caldwell either.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK trading him to the Pats. He wold probably fit as a backup to Gronk and Chandler. BB has a way of straighting out guys (except for Hernandez).

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lions traded the best kicker on the team for another TE. :L

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully he has some trades that have totally backfired, so that will not be brought up in Martha's office.

:think:

too many to count for all his trade-up moves that have proved he lacked awareness.

1). Best
2.) LeShoure
3.) Broyles
4). Whitehead....a head scratcher as to why he started last year and not this year. Bynes was a pick-up after that
5). VanNoy
6). Alex Carter
7). Gabe Wright... way too soon to know the outcome but dangit, if we end with a top5/10 pick, that's going to sting immensely when it comes to not having that early 2016 3rd round pick, barring Mayhew is gone.

I'm sure I missed a couple or few more

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I shit the bed on that statement.

Props to you for pointing it out. I'm holding out on telling Smitty I was wrong AA's fumbling. Just don't tell him.

I picked him up in many leagues,l after the trade. He got me also. Ironically I picked up Wright after dropping him in one league.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I shit the bed on that statement.

I sincerely think you've gotten the better of Mayhew in your thought processes on players than he has in his draft picks.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to you for pointing it out. I'm holding out on telling Smitty I was wrong AA's fumbling. Just don't tell him.

I picked him up in many leagues,l after the trade. He got me also. Ironically I picked up Wright after dropping him in one league.

I drafted Brandon McManus, but kickers aren't that important in this league.