• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions to Trade Bucs for Tim Wright (?)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's been reported by Ian Rappaport, so that definitely pushes it into "official" kind of territory.

I'd assume this means we're keeping 4 TEs. One thing that crossed my mind is that Wright is a smaller TE, and came out of Texas as a WR, so I wonder if he'll be a reserve outside WR and a reserve TE within the offense. The "joker/move" TEs aren't all that different than a WR anyhow, and we didn't hesitate to split our TEs out wide last year, so the distinction between the two in our offense is pretty murky anyhow...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Broyles gone they needed another pass catcher I guess?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's been reported by Ian Rappaport, so that definitely pushes it into "official" kind of territory.

I'd assume this means we're keeping 4 TEs. One thing that crossed my mind is that Wright is a smaller TE, and came out of Texas as a WR, so I wonder if he'll be a reserve outside WR and a reserve TE within the offense. The "joker/move" TEs aren't all that different than a WR anyhow, and we didn't hesitate to split our TEs out wide last year, so the distinction between the two in our offense is pretty murky anyhow...
And by "Texas" I of course meant Rutgers. I was thinking of another large receiver who should have turned TE in the NFL, Limas Sweed, as I wrote Wright's school in. But he definitely played at Rutgers, not Texas.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded our back-up kicker for him!

Where are all you mo-fos laughing at me for suggesting we Broyles or Bell or Moore? Nobody would trade for those guys, but apparently rookie back-up kickers are all the rage, lol.

That's a savy move by Mayhew, imo. Didn't give up shit for a 25 year old TE with 80+ catches for 800+ yards and 11 TDs over the last two seasons. More WR than TE, imo, but we'll see. Still a decent trade considering what we gave up...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does MM's TE fetish show no bounds?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions Board @ the 'Hoop- your most complete source on the Tim Wright trade.

Lol

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are all you mo-fos laughing at me for suggesting we Broyles or Bell or Moore? Nobody would trade for those guys, but apparently rookie back-up kickers are all the rage, lol.

:think:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently nobody CBs and converted Tackles are also reasonable to trade for, just not veteran RBs or 3rd string QBs...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that we were able to get anything for Brindza, as he wasn't going to be a part of the team anyways. Confused on why Tim Wright though?

Wright is most effective out of the slot, so maybe they picked him up to backup Ebron at TE or maybe they are going to cut Fauria. I don't see any way possible Wright is going to be lining up as a true TE, as he only weighs 230 lbs and would get rag dolled by a DE.

Oh well -- getting something for nothing works for me. Even if he doesn't do anything for us, he has a better chance to contribute than Brindza.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they are going to cut Fauria.

that right there, imo.

Mayhew was questioning what really happened to Fauria and that alleged injury involving his new puppy

plus, Fauria still isn't fully healthly yet

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that we were able to get anything for Brindza, as he wasn't going to be a part of the team anyways. Confused on why Tim Wright though?

Wright is most effective out of the slot, so maybe they picked him up to backup Ebron at TE or maybe they are going to cut Fauria. I don't see any way possible Wright is going to be lining up as a true TE, as he only weighs 230 lbs and would get rag dolled by a DE.

Oh well -- getting something for nothing works for me. Even if he doesn't do anything for us, he has a better chance to contribute than Brindza.
My theory is that he becomes a back-up WR and slot TE, and we still keep Fauria.

However, Fauria apparently isn't too well liked around the locker room, so maybe he's gone?

Trade him and Joique for Kenjon Barner and I'd be a happy camper... That kid is money in the return game. Then we could release Ross and only have 4 WRs on the roster with Riddick pitching in in the slot and Ebron and Wright both essentially functioning as big possession WRs...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that he becomes a back-up WR and slot TE, and we still keep Fauria.

However, Fauria apparently isn't too well liked around the locker room, so maybe he's gone?

Trade him and Joique for Kenjon Barner and I'd be a happy camper... That kid is money in the return game.

Why would Philly trade for a locker room cancer and a guy on the PUP and give up a kid who "is money in the return game."

Love the idea, seems too good to be true.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles coach Chip Kelly said RB Kenjon Barner is "making a huge case" for a roster spot.
Barner already has two punt return touchdowns this preseason and has added 57 yards on 12 offensive touches. With DeMarco Murray, Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles ahead of him on the depth chart, Barner will need the Eagles to keep four running backs to nab a roster spot. Philadelphia only kept three last season. Aug 24 - 8:59 AM
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Bell wouldn't make sense on the Eagles. Maybe some other team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that right there, imo.

Mayhew was questioning what really happened to Fauria and that alleged injury involving his new puppy

First I've heard of this. Do you have a link?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Philly trade for a locker room cancer and a guy on the PUP and give up a kid who "is money in the return game."

Love the idea, seems too good to be true.
Fauria gives Bradford a red-zone target with elite size and catching radius, and Bell fits with Kelly's one-cut power running scheme very well and he's a 3-down back who can catch the ball and pass protect well.

I'm not saying it's a slam-dunk, but there's value both ways there, imo...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a savy move by Mayhew, imo. Didn't give up shit for a 25 year old TE with 80+ catches for 800+ yards and 11 TDs over the last two seasons. More WR than TE, imo, but we'll see. Still a decent trade considering what we gave up...
Nobody would trade for those guys.

One got cut today. The other is PUP and the other one fucking sucks.

That kicker is actually good. (Bell could have value, but you'd have to think a team would like to see him on the field after those procedures before giving anything up.)