• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions @ Raiders week 2 game thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan-O still cant throw under pressure though. Going to be a tough call.

I didn't see any panic throws this week though. That's a step in the right direction compared to the Cleveland game. If he makes that much progress the next two games I'll be far more comfortable with him than I was just a few days ago.

Not sure makes a difference on Moore or DanO... Stafford goes down and the one who could step in, now has horns on his helmet. He was too expensive to keep though because of pushing contracts down the street.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan-O still cant throw under pressure though. Going to be a tough call.

Hopefully next draft the GM can draft a talented backup on the cheap such as a Logan Thomas type.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully next draft the GM can draft a talented backup on the cheap such as a Logan Thomas type.

Let's let Logan Thomas get some NFL games under his belt before we use him as a comparison. But yes, I'm with you on drafting a back-up QB. I read a few articles about us targeting Tom Savage this year, that would have been sweet. Zach Metnerberger (or whatever) would have been a good option, too.

The beauty of this scheme is that we don't need to try to draft a big-armed guy like Stafford to have success within out offense- timing and accuracy is more important overall.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
Let's let Logan Thomas get some NFL games under his belt before we use him as a comparison. But yes, I'm with you on drafting a back-up QB. I read a few articles about us targeting Tom Savage this year, that would have been sweet. Zach Metnerberger (or whatever) would have been a good option, too.

The beauty of this scheme is that we don't need to try to draft a big-armed guy like Stafford to have success within out offense- timing and accuracy is more important overall.

Thomas regressed each of the last 2 years in college too. Maybe poor coaching. Maybe it was mostly Thomas and his decision making. One pretty damn good pre-season game, against 2nd/3rd teamers doesn't erase Thomas' highly questionable, almost horrific, last 2 years in college. His combine workouts weren't all that impressive, outside of his strong-arm deep ball throws, not accuracy

I'll take Kellen Moore and his more precise accuracy (plus he was a H.S. head-coaches son), creating a short to intermediate game for him, than a potential high-risk like Thomas, who more than likely needs 2-3 years in the NFL just to become acclimated