• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions offense since Mini-mustache and Co took over

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the offense stunk last night, but did anyone else think that Lombardi actually called his best game of the season? We ran some power plays, had a little trickery, and Riddick and Abdullah on the field at the same time and put them in the slot a little. It still wasn't great by any means, but yesterday our offense actually looked all right outside of shitty penalties all game. BTW what was the disparity in penalties called yesterday, because I'm not sure if I remember any Seattle flags.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember at least 4
False start
Holding
And the one on the extra point
Hands to face

Not sure but thought there was also a holding or illegal contact on Hawks defense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually had to check...

Lions 4-37
Hawks 5-30

So seems the Lions penalties were at crucial times.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the offense stunk last night, but did anyone else think that Lombardi actually called his best game of the season? We ran some power plays, had a little trickery, and Riddick and Abdullah on the field at the same time and put them in the slot a little. It still wasn't great by any means, but yesterday our offense actually looked all right outside of shitty penalties all game. BTW what was the disparity in penalties called yesterday, because I'm not sure if I remember any Seattle flags.

He did but the results were still...... Lions offense scored 3 points all game. I remember at one point an announcer saying they had 19 possessions and 18 punts.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First he has to get a head of steam which is nearly impossible with defenders in the backfield on every play.
His 3.8 impresses me so much more than Bells 3.7 last year.

That extra tenth is all the difference.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre would be a huge improvement over Mayhew.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, a few new wrinkles, but did not use them much. The defense was only outscored by 6 points and we still lost. He is not improving much but at least it is progress. I might be OK keeping him as a QB coach if Jim Bob Puss is not going to stay. he just is not ready to be an OC yet. How long can we wait?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be OK keeping him as a QB coach if Jim Bob Puss is not going to stay.

I wouldn't even put Lombardi in charge of the cash register at wal-mart, might try to over complicate things.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell looks finished to me. He is playing scared. His days are numbered. Especially the way ZZ is playing.

Still think Lombardi is clueless even though he's been using all three nicely. Nice to see Riddick early also. It's not a three headed monster or nothing, but surely offering more than anything Bell can.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell looks finished to me. He is playing scared. His days are numbered. Especially the way ZZ is playing.

I'm willing to replace J. Bell with Tatum Bell at this point. As long as he agrees not to steal anybody's shit.