• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions offense since Mini-mustache and Co took over

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Linehan: Scored 395 points (24.7/g), 13th of 32 in the NFL.

Drafted Ebron over Donald for more offense
Signed Golden Tate for 5 years/31 million for even more offense
Draft Travis Swanson pick #76 overall
Scored 321 points (20.1/g), 22nd of 32 in the NFL.

Draft even more offense #28- Laken Tomlinson and #54 Ameer Abdullah
Scored 66 points (16.5/g), 29th of 32 in the NFL. (1/4 of the season)

Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson combine for $38,279,250 (27% of the cap).
1/4 of the season in the books.
Stafford: 1,107 5Td/5Int
Calvin Johnson: 27Rec/255Yds/1Td

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand by my comments before the season. Fire Caldwell, Fire Lombardi -- Hire Teryl Austin as HC and let him have all the input on the defense too.

Lombardi took an offense that was the only bright spot on the team and has turned them into an absolute disaster. Austin took a defense that was a disaster and turned it into the only bright spot, though players leaving and injuries are taking a toll on that.

If I knew the Lions were going to hand Stafford the keys to the 2000 Ravens offense, I would have said -- Trade Calvin and give Suh whatever he wants. Calvin is used like a damn slot receiver right now. There is absolutely no need for him if we are going to run an offense like we have been.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand by my comments before the season. Fire Caldwell, Fire Lombardi -- Hire Teryl Austin as HC and let him have all the input on the defense too.

Lombardi took an offense that was the only bright spot on the team and has turned them into an absolute disaster. Austin took a defense that was a disaster and turned it into the only bright spot, though players leaving and injuries are taking a toll on that.

If I knew the Lions were going to hand Stafford the keys to the 2000 Ravens offense, I would have said -- Trade Calvin and give Suh whatever he wants. Calvin is used like a damn slot receiver right now. There is absolutely no need for him if we are going to run an offense like we have been.

There is no need for any offensive weapons with this scheme. Although the elephants danced a little better last night, it did not change anything.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need for any offensive weapons with this scheme.

You are right. With the offense we run. We may as well draft another couple TE's, a few slot WR's and trade Calvin, Tate and Stafford. See if we can get Trent Dilfer to come out of retirement and we'd be set.

You don't need WR's like Calvin and Tate to run 5-10 yard routes and you don't need a QB with a big arm if you are just going to dink and dump the ball all over the field.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner is a beast

Bell should never get another carry with this team.

I agree. I was impressed with his him last night in a few chances he had. He doesn't dance around -- he finds a hole, lowers his pads and picks up yards.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeps those feet churning.

Of the three backs that played, he was the best option to get consistent positive yards. Not because he's better than AA, but he's better suited to pull a couple defenders with him across the line of scrimmage.

1 first down in the second half, prior to the last drive. And it was on a penalty. Lombardi should already be gone.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeps those feet churning.

Of the three backs that played, he was the best option to get consistent positive yards. Not because he's better than AA, but he's better suited to pull a couple defenders with him across the line of scrimmage.

1 first down in the second half, prior to the last drive. And it was on a penalty. Lombardi should already be gone.

I hope they yellow tape his office before he even gets back in town. What a disaster.

The only good thing there was a wrinkle or 2 in the first half that worked. Apparently they did not notice it as they did not go back to it ever. When Ebron went out, they spread 5 WRs out a few plays and had no problem with blocking or getting the ball down field. I think it is becasue the O-line only had to block 5 guys and it was easy for them to pick someone out and hit them instead of that 5 man side to side line dance they have to do on most plays. They also ran a power sweep on a play and got almost 10 yards. Never went back to it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joique Bell is averaging 1.1 yard(s) per carry so far this year, and it takes 2 yards for a conversion. I'd say anyone is a better bet...

Sarcasm....

Kinda like nobody could do a WR reverse better than Mike Thomas.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they yellow tape his office before he even gets back in town. What a disaster.

The only good thing there was a wrinkle or 2 in the first half that worked. Apparently they did not notice it as they did not go back to it ever. When Ebron went out, they spread 5 WRs out a few plays and had no problem with blocking or getting the ball down field. I think it is becasue the O-line only had to block 5 guys and it was easy for them to pick someone out and hit them instead of that 5 man side to side line dance they have to do on most plays. They also ran a power sweep on a play and got almost 10 yards. Never went back to it.
I liked the pitch to Abdullah. We'll prolly see it again Week 12.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ebron out, they'll be open a lot more in Week 5.

(I'm still assuming he's done.)

If he's out for the season, that sets him back an entire year. Shit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's out for the season, that sets him back an entire year. Shit.
He was impressive so far this season too, imo.

Starting to look comfortable.

Maybe he's only a little hurt. But his Face had that look on it, he knew it wasn't good

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was impressive so far this season too, imo.

Starting to look comfortable.

Maybe he's only a little hurt. But his Face had that look on it, he knew it wasn't good

I have no problem with his play this year. Pick is still wrong. Should have been AD or Dennard.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No damage to Ebron. Just a sprain, but probably not playing next week. Pettigrew might be back next week though. Ebron has been very good so far, but we need to go 5 wide (way wide) most of the time to keep the blitzers out of the backfield

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No damage to Ebron. Just a sprain, but probably not playing next week. Pettigrew might be back next week though. Ebron has been very good so far, but we need to go 5 wide (way wide) most of the time to keep the blitzers out of the backfield

Correct.

As stated last night, the Lions are having problems keeping blitzers out of those A gaps. I like the 5-wide set with this group.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because he's better than AA, but he's better suited to pull a couple defenders with him across the line of scrimmage.

First he has to get a head of steam which is nearly impossible with defenders in the backfield on every play.