• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions O-Line

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is promising that the 4th best oline player on our team made the Pro Bowl.

If Lions use the 2 pick on Ikem Ekwonu does that mean the have 5 Pro Bowl Level players blocking?

Obviously the 2 pick will not be spent on the oline, let alone a tackle we convert to a guard, but I can't think of a time that Lions had this much talent blocking before. I am curious if Sewell will be happy being on the right side long term, or if a time is coming where Decker will need to go. Rare to have an elite talent that is happy to stick on the Right, lose too much money.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is promising that the 4th best oline player on our team made the Pro Bowl.

If Lions use the 2 pick on Ikem Ekwonu does that mean the have 5 Pro Bowl Level players blocking?

Obviously the 2 pick will not be spent on the oline, let alone a tackle we convert to a guard, but I can't think of a time that Lions had this much talent blocking before. I am curious if Sewell will be happy being on the right side long term, or if a time is coming where Decker will need to go. Rare to have an elite talent that is happy to stick on the Right, lose too much money.
Just need 1 more WR and TE and offense is good to go unless Goff plays like he did in the first half of last year.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Icky Ekwanu is a guard getting converted to tackle, not the other way around.

Second, if I was the GM I would absolutely take him and play him at guard. And #32 would be Breece Hall. I might take Kenneth Walker if he was still there in the third round too. Then I'd let Goff just hand off 70% or more of the time. I'd probably get a real blocking type TE or even another athletic type LT to play TE, and play Hockenson at WR and just have him smashing CB's all day. We might or might not still suck, but at least for once in my life teams wouldn't be looking forward to when they got to play Detroit.

Never gonna happen, not even what I think they should do, but it's what I would do.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if Sewell will be happy being on the right side long term, or if a time is coming where Decker will need to go. Rare to have an elite talent that is happy to stick on the Right, lose too much money.

Decker's contract ends in 2024, so there's that part of the equation solved and that would be Sewell's 4th year in the league.
Sewell will most likely flip to LT in 2025 if not before that season.