• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Injury Report

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will there be a gurley in the Lions future ? that would really tick off quite a few Lions fans. wait until TrustMe sees this. It's not out of the realm of possibilities should Mayhew still be around. I wouldn't like it as I think many quality rb's can be found in 5-7th rd.

disclaimer; O-Line needs to get those issues straightened out 1st

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't love some Gurley? I love him I just wouldn't be happy unless he was a third rounder but I believe he'll wind up a Viking being taken in the second round.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear anything on Fauria? Harrison Smith is a possible no go. Maybe some 3 TE sets would create some options Sunday.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin has a high ankle sprian

Calvin Johnson said he will need rest and treatment to recover from the high right ankle sprain he suffered against Green Bay last month and aggravated on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

"Any time you're dealing with an ankle, you've got to run, you've got to cut, you've got to do all those things," Johnson said. "It makes it tough. Just a lot of treatment that goes into it.

Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he would "strongly" consider sitting Johnson this week against Minnesota in an attempt to get his star wide receiver healthy. Johnson missed his third straight Wednesday practice. He was one of four Lions who was not out there, including running back Reggie Bush, who is also dealing with an ankle injury.

On Wednesday, Caldwell said the Lions will go through the week and "we'll see" when it comes to a determination on whether Johnson would play. Caldwell, as he has done in the past, cited Johnson's ability to heal quickly as a reason he wants to see how it goes throughout the week.

Johnson said one of the worst parts about the injury is when he plants his foot in the ground. That, he said, is when the pain comes. He said he will work with the training staff and coaches to determine his status.

He did say, though, he wouldn't be surprised if defensive players targeted the ankle to try to take Johnson out of the game.

"I wouldn't doubt it," Johnson said. "Guys try to take you out of the game if they know they can. So especially if you've got a playmaker, guys on the defense would do that."

Calvin Johnson of Detroit Lions says injured ankle needs rest, treatment - ESPN
this report posted at 11:25 pm EST, OCT 8th

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB... Not sure CJ should've been on the field anyway. At what point was the decoy thing working?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I had said last week. Some boarder's here disagreed. He should've stayed out for the Jets game also.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I had said last week. Some boarder's here disagreed. He should've stayed out for the Jets game also.

If he sat for the Jets game, he may not have needed to for the Bills game. Or the bills game he may not have needed to for the Vikings game. Delaying the inevitable and at some point rather that giving him a week to heal its going to be giving him a month or more.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the Jets games as a sit out due to their DB's being in disarray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like CJ, Ebron, Lewis, Riddick, and Fauria will miss Sunday's game. Also you might see them on the field Sunday but all 5 of our offensive line starters are not playing this weekend.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No sense in keeping his saggy ass this year. He will not be on the team next year. I liked what I saw from Butler in preseason and really glad he has a chance to develop.

That being said, I am still firmly in the camp of drafting a CB in round 1 unless we can finagle a top FA in the offseason.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kill them all, everywhere.

Oh wait.......this isn't the ISIS thread.

Nevermind.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Butlers in the house! Lions gonna get DEstroyed!