• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions currently sowed up the 8th overall pick

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Stafford v2.0 with not quite as much arm power but it's close.

I don't think he is nearly on the level of Stafford. I watched him play a couple times randomly on Saturdays and he looked whack.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly wont go over well with MP. We may be trading down now.We have filled every position except Guard and no sense using #8 on that. Hopefully there is another coverage LB out there we can get.

If we draft him. I hope he plays well enough to earn that type of contract. That means he will have had at least a couple pro bowls and an all pro nod or two as well.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still as excited about Danny Amendola as I am?

He was bad ass on the Rams in his prime. We won't be seeing much of him as a run first team though.
We will be seeing a lot of Jesse James. Which vaults him to coolest name on the teams roster at least.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as excited as that time we cut Ebron and spent none of the money saved on improvements!

We didn't need any of Ebron's 13 TD's on our bottom tier offense anyways. Saavy move by the GM.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching a lot of Kelvin Harmon film and if he's there with our 2nd rounder he'd be an excellent big slot receiver. Reminds me of slightly bigger Tyler Boyd great body control and hands.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching a lot of Kelvin Harmon film and if he's there with our 2nd rounder he'd be an excellent big slot receiver. Reminds me of slightly bigger Tyler Boyd great body control and hands.

What about Antoine Wesley?
Harmon is strong for sure but Wesley is bigger and has better hands. Probably be able to get him in the 3rd as well.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as excited as that time we cut Ebron and spent none of the money saved on improvements!

We didn't need any of Ebron's 13 TD's on our bottom tier offense anyways. Saavy move by the GM.

Whats with all the Ebron love. Everyone hated the guy when he was here. All he did was drop passes. Now he is on another team and you all love him now.

Typical Lions fans mentality. Maybe the team sucked all these years because the fans deserved it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with all the Ebron love. Everyone hated the guy when he was here. All he did was drop passes. Now he is on another team and you all love him now.

Typical Lions fans mentality. Maybe the team sucked all these years because the fans deserved it.

I still don't like Ebron, but he was better than what we had at TE. Cutting him and spending the saved cap space would have been awesome, 7 million could have brought in some help. Cutting him and sitting on the cap space was a joke.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn't top 5 player at the TE position but we spent a top ten pick on him and he is allowed to walk and get nothing in return. We had absolutely nothing behind him as well. Along with the fact that he had upside and was entering his prime. Outside of Golladay. I can't remember the name of one Lions pass catcher at the end of the year.
Then the dude trades Tate while we were still in the hunt for the NFC north which absolutely devastated the offense.
Last but not least, Mebert made perfect point. Why cut one of the only talented players on offense and not use the money?
I will cast final Judgement after next season on Quinn but outside of the snacks deal. What amazing things has he done so far?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't like Ebron, but he was better than what we had at TE. Cutting him and spending the saved cap space would have been awesome, 7 million could have brought in some help. Cutting him and sitting on the cap space was a joke.

It was only 1 year. Look at FA this year already. Trading him would have been better but they tried that and noone was interested.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't top 5 player at the TE position but we spent a top ten pick on him and he is allowed to walk and get nothing in return. We had absolutely nothing behind him as well. Along with the fact that he had upside and was entering his prime. Outside of Golladay. I can't remember the name of one Lions pass catcher at the end of the year.
Then the dude trades Tate while we were still in the hunt for the NFC north which absolutely devastated the offense.
Last but not least, Mebert made perfect point. Why cut one of the only talented players on offense and not use the money?
I will cast final Judgement after next season on Quinn but outside of the snacks deal. What amazing things has he done so far?

FA this year was fabulous not to mention the drafts the last 2 years were better then any Lions draft in recent history.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only 1 year. Look at FA this year already. Trading him would have been better but they tried that and noone was interested.

The decision makes more sense now that it is clear he was more interested in undermining the offense so he could bring in a new guy to run it. Ebron was the start, trading Tate was a nice cap to it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision makes more sense now that it is clear he was more interested in undermining the offense so he could bring in a new guy to run it. Ebron was the start, trading Tate was a nice cap to it.

Complete absurd speculation. Cooter was failing by himself. Nothing was going to change that. No excuse needed. Get a grip on reality. No other team even considered Cooter for OC. Heck not even as a QB coach. He had to settle for a RB coach position. It was a double demotion. The only thing that got Cooter fired was that he sucked and everyone other than a few Lions fans knew it. His game planning/play calling was the laughing stock (Literally, other teams defensive players were actually quoted) of the league.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete absurd speculation. Cooter was failing by himself. Nothing was going to change that. No excuse needed. Get a grip on reality. No other team even considered Cooter for OC. Heck not even as a QB coach. He had to settle for a RB coach position. It was a double demotion. The only thing that got Cooter fired was that he sucked and everyone other than a few Lions fans knew it. His game planning/play calling was the laughing stock (Literally, other teams defensive players were actually quoted) of the league.

Lions averaged 24 points through week 8, and while in last, only 1 game back from 1st in the division. They averaged 15 after the trade, and rarely won. I did not include week 17 as the Packers punted, and the Lions forgot to try to lose.

Obviously Kerryon getting hurt was a part of it too, but they cut a player with nothing but obvious downgrades on the roster and replaced him with nothing. Lions still had an average to good offense. I would be ok with cutting him if they had a plan to use that money, but they spent none of it. Halfway through the season the offense was not terrible so he dumped Staffords safety valve and the offense fell off a cliff.

Cooter was a mediocre at best OC(if we are being nice), and I am not sorry to see him gone, I am just saying they stacked the deck against him so they could bring in their own guy. It was clear with the moves.

And having a team punt a season for that shit when they have not put up anything sufficient for the fans in 30 years is bullshit.

He has been solid in the drafts though, and ow that he has cleared out the last of the old regimes guys he is doing well in FA this year as well. Now all we need is a head coach

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions averaged 24 points through week 8, and while in last, only 1 game back from 1st in the division. They averaged 15 after the trade, and rarely won. I did not include week 17 as the Packers punted, and the Lions forgot to try to lose.

Obviously Kerryon getting hurt was a part of it too, but they cut a player with nothing but obvious downgrades on the roster and replaced him with nothing. Lions still had an average to good offense. I would be ok with cutting him if they had a plan to use that money, but they spent none of it. Halfway through the season the offense was not terrible so he dumped Staffords safety valve and the offense fell off a cliff.

Cooter was a mediocre at best OC(if we are being nice), and I am not sorry to see him gone, I am just saying they stacked the deck against him so they could bring in their own guy. It was clear with the moves.

And having a team punt a season for that shit when they have not put up anything sufficient for the fans in 30 years is bullshit.

He has been solid in the drafts though, and ow that he has cleared out the last of the old regimes guys he is doing well in FA this year as well. Now all we need is a head coach

No, Cooter was not close to Mediocre or he would not have to settle for a double demotion. Injuries to KJ and MJ and the trade killed the second half of the year offensively but they were sucking long before that. The first 6 games schedule was way easier too as far as defenses go. From week 7 on they only had 3 bad defenses to play against. 24 points a game against shitty defenses is not good. 17 against good ones is not good either but I admit it is understandable given they had no weapons left by then.

Things should change this year and next now that a lot of dead wood is being cleared out. If they dont by next year then we start over with a new group. Thats all you can do.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Cooter was not close to Mediocre or he would not have to settle for a double demotion. Injuries to KJ and MJ and the trade killed the second half of the year offensively but they were sucking long before that. The first 6 games schedule was way easier too as far as defenses go. From week 7 on they only had 3 bad defenses to play against. 24 points a game against shitty defenses is not good. 17 against good ones is not good either but I admit it is understandable given they had no weapons left by then.

Things should change this year and next now that a lot of dead wood is being cleared out. If they dont by next year then we start over with a new group. Thats all you can do.

I look forward to next years group. it is always fun to see what new ways the Lions can make the wrong decision.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to next years group. it is always fun to see what new ways the Lions can make the wrong decision.

We are locked in until 2020. Nothing will change till then unless we have close to a winless season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are locked in until 2020. Nothing will change till then unless we have close to a winless season.

I dislike Patricia so much I am wishing we had Rod "Pad Level" Maranelli back