• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions could have the best group of RBs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a group production wise -- they would be right up. The main part of our RB committee is the fact they can all catch the ball.

Obviously if you were to take a poll of the best RBs in the NFL -- Detroit wouldn't have a RB in the top 10, but they are very productive as a group and it works well for the Lions.

I havent read the rest of the posts following this one yet but for some reason I bet kreton chose to ignore it. I have no problem with what you have to say because of posts like this. You are objective when i comes to the lions and you have to be.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush has gotta be toward the bottom end of a list of the top ten current RBs in the NFL, imo.

Let's try to list ten better ones as a group here...

I disagree with this, as a whole the lions run game is good and much better than in recent years. Bush though, is not a top ten rb.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent read the rest of the posts following this one yet but for some reason I bet kreton chose to ignore it. I have no problem with what you have to say because of posts like this. You are objective when i comes to the lions and you have to be.

Yes, I am choosing not to reply to that ignorant ass troll. He is far from objective.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason we don't discuss it..... because its nowhere near the truth. I couldn't even trade Bell to you guys in a keeper league. And I asked numerous times if anyone wanted him. Let's get real, two years in a row we've seen a RB get less than 4 per carry, couple that with fumbles, middle of the road if we're lucky.

Thats because real football varies tremendously from fantasy football.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am choosing not to reply to that ignorant ass troll. He is far from objective.

I dont agree with many things he says, just like I dont agree with many things you say. I was under the impression though that according to you he only came to post negative thoughts and his post clearly indicates your view of him may not be as correct as you thought.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me why it's ok for top QBs to throw a certain amount of INTs, some of which directly cost their team games, yet a RB who turns the ball over at roughly the same rate as a Brees or Brady or Rogers doesn't get the same slack?

It makes no sense, and nobody has been able to give me a solid answer to date.

Bush is nowhere in the same league as any of those guys...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you continuing to compare RBs to QBs? Did you miss that Bush had the MOST fumbles lost by a RUNNING BACK. Did you miss that Bush had the MOST dropped passes by a RUNNING BACK. Joique Bell was tied for 2nd most fumbles by a RUNNING BACK.

Your argument is -- well they have the same turnover rate as a QB? Think about how silly that argument is.

Figured I would repost this to see how TP will spin it to a positive for the Detroit and how leading the league in fumbles and dropped passes are acceptable trade offs.

Lol, I love how you have to try to sensationalize everything to try to carry a weak-ass point. Yes, Bush led the league in fumbles lost- with 4. Most years that would not lead the league- backs were very safe with the ball this year, and Bush looked bad by comparison. He needs to clean it up for sure, but losing a fumble on about one eight of one percent of his total touches isn't a deal break for me. Sorry if it bothers you guys that much- I'm very glad you're not the ones making decisions at Allen Park...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this, as a whole the lions run game is good and much better than in recent years. Bush though, is not a top ten rb.

Fair enough if that's what you think, but who are ten better ones?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kreton -- we are both Lions fans. The only difference is..............you think the Lions are much better than they actually are and I see the Lions as the team who is 11-21 over the last two years.

I have no problem saying Detroit had great production from the running back position. At the same time -- 7 fumbles lost and 14 dropped passes is ATROCIOUS and takes them completely out of the c onversation as the best group in theNFL.

I have no problem saying our OL was much better this past year. I'm just not foolish enough, like TP, to try and talk about them as if they are one of the best OL in the NFL.

You see -- you believe the Lions could sit on their current roster and be a super bowl contender. Actual fans who look at the Lions without the honolulu blue sunglasses, looks at a team that has many areas they need to upgrade and speak out about those areas.

Once you said the Lions were basically drafting for depth this year -- you lost all credibility to me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I love how you have to try to sensationalize everything to try to carry a weak-ass point. Yes, Bush led the league in fumbles lost- with 4. Most years that would not lead the league- backs were very safe with the ball this year, and Bush looked bad by comparison. He needs to clean it up for sure, but losing a fumble on about one eight of one percent of his total touches isn't a deal break for me. Sorry if it bothers you guys that much- I'm very glad you're not the ones making decisions at Allen Park...

So leading the league in fumbles lost as a running back is a weak ass point? I guess having your 2nd back finish tied for the 2nd most fumbles is a weaker ass point, right?

And don't talk if you have no knowledge on the situation. 4 fumbles lost led RBs in 2012. 3 fumbles lost led the RBs in 2011. The site goes back to the 90's, so I could keep going if you'd like.

So continue to make excuses for the Lions (what a SHOCK), but the fact is, Detroit's RBs finished 1 and 2 fumbles lost and trying to compare this to QBs, who are throwing the ball all over the field, while a RB is holding onto it with 2 hands is just plain dumb. What is next? Are you going to say elite Kickers make 90% of their field goals, so why don't QB's complete 90% of their passes?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how trustme makes a very positive original post about the running backs and it still turns into a debate, lol.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team was kind of careless with the ball if you ask me. Whether its fumbles, dropped passes, interceptions, not getting interceptions and so forth, they all contribute to losses. No need to focus on one or two players because they all sucked at some point of time.

Agree, it was basically everyone on offense and the kicker. The lions played sloppy, undisciplined football and thats a reflection of their coaching staff. Some of it is them, yes..but much of it falls on lack of discipline. Hopefully the new coach earns their respect.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with many things he says, just like I dont agree with many things you say. I was under the impression though that according to you he only came to post negative thoughts and his post clearly indicates your view of him may not be as correct as you thought.

The guy is here to troll. Nothing more. Noone could be that dumb, or negative. Keeping him on ignore is probably best. There are some guys who are pessimists that I dont mind discussing Lions with, but that fuck simply hates the Lions and I am certain is only here to fuck with Lions fans.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is here to troll. Nothing more. Noone could be that dumb, or negative. Keeping him on ignore is probably best. There are some guys who are pessimists that I dont mind discussing Lions with, but that fuck simply hates the Lions and I am certain is only here to fuck with Lions fans.

Are we speaking of Trustme? A troll, hmmm??? Regular everyday posters now troll on their fav teams board!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we speaking of Trustme? A troll, hmmm??? Regular everyday posters now troll on their fav teams board!

Believe what you want. Anyone with that much hate for something is not a fan, and furthermore I am certain the guy says shit just to piss people off. That is trolling.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how trustme makes a very positive original post about the running backs and it still turns into a debate, lol.

Wouldn't matter what he wrote. Once the neighbor guy talks bad about your kids you just assume the worst out of him. (Most people aren't as protective/defensive over their kids as folks 'round here are about their loveable losers.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said, our RBs were a big reason why the team was able to move the ball. Nobody replied back. Then, I said, name ten groups better....and nobody responded.

I did. And Id still like to know which players I give a pass to.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GVSU -- it doesn't matter what i say. unless you believe the Lions can do no wrong, every pick up is a great addition, every draft pick is a winner and the reason the Lions have been 11-21 the last two years is everyone's fault with the exception of the actual players -- you aren't a real fan.

I give up -- I will just join the sunshine and rainbow gang. I will cross my fingers that Bush and Bell have 7 more fumbles and 14 more dropped passes in 2014, as it is an excellent trade off for their production.

Detroit has the best RBs in football. The best Offensive Line. The best WR. The best 1-2 combo for WR. The best Defensive Line. Am I missing anything? WOW -- i feel so much better now.