• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions could have the best group of RBs.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we ever discuss this? I think there is a real possibility that the Lions could have the best group of RBs getting ready to hit the scene in 2014.

Bell and Bush compliment each other well, but knowing LeShoure has some ability and Reddick being another all-around, complimentary back, the Lions seem like these guys could cause some problems if they come in and play to their abilities.

Question is: can all four have a role in the offense?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. My break is just getting over, but I'll be back @ lunch to weigh in on this one.

I'd like to compare our group with what New England had last season...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a group production wise -- they would be right up. The main part of our RB committee is the fact they can all catch the ball.

Obviously if you were to take a poll of the best RBs in the NFL -- Detroit wouldn't have a RB in the top 10, but they are very productive as a group and it works well for the Lions.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand what leshoure did to not register a single carry last year? If im not mistaken, he wasn't THAT bad in 2012. He actually flashed some potential.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeShoure was in the dog house for some reason we are unaware of.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Leshoure is on his way out.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a group production wise -- they would be right up. The main part of our RB committee is the fact they can all catch the ball.

Obviously if you were to take a poll of the best RBs in the NFL -- Detroit wouldn't have a RB in the top 10, but they are very productive as a group and it works well for the Lions.

Bush has gotta be toward the bottom end of a list of the top ten current RBs in the NFL, imo.

Let's try to list ten better ones as a group here...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overall top 10 RB's last year

McCoy
Charles
Lynch
Lacy
Bernard
Woodhead
Murray
J. Bell
Peterson
Gore

per PFF ranking by factoring in yards, attempts, tds, recieving, blocking, penalties, and missed tackles.

Bush is ranked at 21.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you look at our group compared to the gold-standard RB corps from last year, the Patriots, we stack up well.

Prior to his fumbling issues Stevan Ridley was their lead back. Imo Bell is a very similar back with a bit less top end speed than Ridley. Similar runners who are balanced overall and both catch the ball well.

Their next back was Shane Vareen, whom we have a more talented version of in Reggie Bush. Both are lightening-quick and are dangerous receivers our of the backfield.

Then they had Blount, who had an outstanding season relative to his playing time. Granted our guy hasn't been nearly as productive, but Leshoure profiles out as the same type of bruising bigger back. Blount has a solid 15 lbs on Leshoure, though.

Finally the Pats had Brandon Bolden bringing up the rear. He's actually very similar to Bell, and would be a very good #2 RB on most other teams in the league. Our 4th guy, Riddick, isn't that type, so that's where the comparisons end here.

Overall, though, I think we have 3 backs capable of starting if needed (vs. the Pats having 4 backs who could all be starters last year) and one very versatile reserve at the bottom of the depth chart. Not a bad group at all...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCoy
Charles
Lynch
Lacy
Bernard
Woodhead
Murray
J. Bell
Peterson
Gore

per PFF ranking by factoring in yards, attempts, tds, recieving, blocking, penalties, and missed tackles.

Bush is ranked at 21.
On a per-play basis, yes. But on overall production he's ahead of Woodhead, Bernard, Murray, Lacy, and Bell

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCoy
Charles
Lynch
Lacy
Bernard
Woodhead
Murray
J. Bell
Peterson
Gore

Bush is ranked at 21.

Joique is top 10? Validates what I have been saying since the end of the year. Bell is our primary back.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a per-play basis, yes. But on overall production he's ahead of Woodhead, Bernard, Murray, Lacy, and Bell

Joique is top 10? Validates what I have been saying since the end of the year. Bell is our primary back.

I could be mistaken but I think that PFF ranks them based on overall production when they were on the field. Bush drops off because of fumbles, low tds, and poor blocking. I'm not saying the guy is not good, or that anyone specifically is better. Just simply putting out there how the RB's ranked overall last year based on their complete performance.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we have two good running backs. Same as last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason we don't discuss it..... because its nowhere near the truth. I couldn't even trade Bell to you guys in a keeper league. And I asked numerous times if anyone wanted him. Let's get real, two years in a row we've seen a RB get less than 4 per carry, couple that with fumbles, middle of the road if we're lucky.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason we don't discuss it..... because its nowhere near the truth. I couldn't even trade Bell to you guys in a keeper league. And I asked numerous times if anyone wanted him. Let's get real, two years in a row we've seen a RB get less than 4 per carry, couple that with fumbles, middle of the road if we're lucky.

Bush had a solid YPC average, but the drops and fumbles put a damper on that. Production wise -- Bell and Bush put up 2700 yards from scrimmage, which is impressive. It is the 10+ drops and 7 lost fumbles that hurts them.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drops and fumbles MORE than cancel out the positives IMO. The turnovers cost the team Ws. There's no getting around it. Same with the drops. Other than Durham, our two RBs were the least realizable pass catching options on the team. (Im not counting Scheffler since he got cut on account of not catching balls.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drops and fumbles MORE than cancel out the positives IMO. The turnovers cost the team Ws. There's no getting around it. Same with the drops. Other than Durham, our two RBs were the least realizable pass catching options on the team. (Im not counting Scheffler since he got cut on account of not catching balls.)

No argument from me. I was going to state the same thing, but didn't want to rain on their parade.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no real reason to discuss it until they actually prove it on the field. As it stands, we were 17th in rushing yards last season. You can say scheme, coaching, line, whatever we were 17th so until that changes on the field it's just a theory, it's just hope.