• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions and tackling

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"He kind of blocked me and I was just trying to get him off me the best I knew how," Stafford said. "And I guess he didn't like the way I did it. He wanted to ask me about it."

Seems to be a theme with the Lions. Apparently, they know no other way than to swing people by their helmets.

NFL.com news: Bears DB Moore ejected after fight with Lions QB Stafford

I was rooting for the Lions for a while with them being underdogs coming into the season, but I just can't help not doing so anymore with as many cheap hits as they take. It would almost be like rooting for the Steelers.

Edit: And I'm glad Moore did it and right in front of the Lions bench. I hope Suh was watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, it seems to be becoming a theme. I want to say this, and by no means am I saying I wouldn't take Suh in a heartbeat, so Nebraska fans, zip it. It feels like they're feeding off of nasty disposition of their toughest player. I think the Lions take some pride in Suh being called the dirtiest player in the NFL, and they like this badass image, going all the way to the QB. My worry, when they added Fairley, was how many dumb penalties they would incur. Fairley hasn't played a lot yet, so that has be negligible, but this team seems to revel in a tough guy attitude, and at this point, they need to be more concerned with playing well as opposed to playing tough.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley definitely got a dumb one yesterday....but I'd love to have either him or Suh.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed, when's the last time a team drafted a franchise QB and a top 10 WR in the same draft.