• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lines from TV/Movies You've Used in Real Life

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean just a mundane regular part of everyday conversation, I mean a real unique quote you've used in your everyday life...

My recent example? I used a line from episode 1 of Ash Vs. The Evil Dead...I was at work and some moron happened to turn off the lights in the kitchen. I got pissed and screamed out "Hey, man working here, lights on!!!" In full Ash Williams obnoxiousness. Of course, no one but me got the reference, but I enjoyed it myself...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AM the DANGER

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You want it to be one way........but it's the other way"

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most often quoted movie lines are from the Forrest Gump bus scene.

I say "Seat's taken" and "You can sit here if you want" in the same accents as they use in the move.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do that all the time. To the original example, often when I enter an unlit room with someone, I will say "illuminate" ala Dr. Cocteau in "Demolition Man".

I use a lot of quotes from Trey Parker/Matt Stone (South Park, BASEketball, Team America), Mel Brooks (Spaceballs, Men in Tights), Zucker Bros (Airplane!, Naked Gun) and Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs) movies.

The other day I was playing GTA Online with my wife and brother. We were on a mission that took us to the airport. We were all in one vehicle and my brother was driving. He stopped in front of the airport and I exclaimed "Wait! You can't stop there!" My brother said "Why not?" I retorted "Because the white zone is for loading and unloading only!"

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My border collie's highlight of the day is when I come home from work because she knows that's when I most often play fetch with her. She gets really amped up.

The other day, I came home and needed to talk to my wife about something. She was sitting on the couch. I stood in front of her as I was talking, but my border collie was going nuts behind me because she wanted to play, making it difficult for me to converse with my wife. Channeling my inner Coop (BASEketball) I looked back at my dog and yelled "I don't have your fucking ball!"

[Obviously my dog didn't get the reference, but my wife laughed her ass off.]

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last summer a bunch of family and friends got together at a softball diamond in town to have a homerun derby. One of my brothers put the bat between his legs to put on batting gloves. I said "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!" Another brother finished the quote: "Now lets see how well you handle it."

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frequently quote Archer and The Office. I've also been known to quote Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite and various other very quotable films and shows.

My favorite to quote is Tombstone, although I don't get to quote it out loud often enough. Not often do people give you an excuse to say something like, "Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens. I'm gettin' awful tired of your gas. Now jerk that pistol and go to work. I said throw down, boy."

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be back.... (Terminator)

Any time..... (Predator)

We're in the pipe 5x5..... (Aliens)

We're not in Kansas anymore.... (Wizard of Oz)

I'm not missing it... (Office Space)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You want it to be one way........but it's the other way"
Fucking Marlo Stanfield. Before TV sociopaths were serial killers, meth manufacturers, or presidents, THE television sociopath was Marlo fucking Stanfield.

Your quote reminds me of a quote that I've always wanted to use in real life but have never gotten the opportunity:

"MY NAME IS MY NAME"

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Marlo Stanfield. Before TV sociopaths were serial killers, meth manufacturers, or presidents, THE television sociopath was Marlo fucking Stanfield.

Your quote reminds me of a quote that I've always wanted to use in real life but have never gotten the opportunity:

"MY NAME IS MY NAME"

Yeah that one is a lot tougher to incorporate smoothly into a convo ha.

Mine can be used anytime there is a disagreement!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that one is a lot tougher to incorporate smoothly into a convo ha.

Mine can be used anytime there is a disagreement!
Very true. But think how bad ass it would be if you could somehow use the name quote and have it make sense. Like you're in court for murder and the prosecution is saying false things about you and you stand up during the closing argument and are like "THIS IS BULLSHIT! I NEVER MURDERED HER! MY NAME IS MY NAME!!!" :pound: