• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

>> Lines & D-Pairings for 10/7

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well brothers.....here is what we've waited months to see....the speculation is done, but the conversation about it is just starting! lol

Here are the lines and defensive pairings from Tuesday:

Dan Carcillo-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Scott Hartnell-Danny Briere-Ville Leino
James van Riemsdyk-Claude Giroux-Nikolay Zherdev
Jody Shelley-Darroll Powe-Andreas Nodl.

When Betts returns, he goes to center and Powe goes to right wing with Nodl the odd winger out.

Carle-Pronger
Braydon Coburn-Kimmo Timonen
Sean O’Donnell-Andrej Meszaros
Oskars Bartulis-Matt Walker.

Laviolette said the goaltending is set for the first two games. It’s expected Brian Boucher will start against the Penguins. But will rookie Sergei Bobrovsky play in St. Louis? Laviolette wouldn’t commit.

“He’s gonna get in there and whenever that opportunity comes, somebody is gonna shoot the puck and he’s gonna have to make a save,” Laviolette said. “They’re going to try for the areas they see. The goal scorers are very capable at this level. They’ll find areas they want to shoot for and your goalie has to get in there and do his work. Once he gets an opportunity, we’ll all get an evaluation of him. So far, he’s been good. They’ve been shooting for those holes and they haven’t gone in.”

Both Johan Backlund and David Laliberte cleared waivers and were loaned to the Phantoms.

--Tim Panaccio/CSNPhilly.com

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
given what wingers were available after the hartnell briere leino line, i think these lines are the best possible combo there is, especially witht the chemistry zherdev and giroux have shown

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh. dont really like richards and carter together.. and i liked the way that jvr and carter looked together.. id say switch carcillo and jvr.. but that looks dumb to me too haha..

i dno what i want to see.. so i guess this is good enough haha.. lets go flyers

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Richards line bothers me. I like everything else. Just wish we had one more winger with 20 goal scoring capability.....(upshall) haha

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh. dont really like richards and carter together.. and i liked the way that jvr and carter looked together.. id say switch carcillo and jvr.. but that looks dumb to me too haha..

i dno what i want to see.. so i guess this is good enough haha.. lets go flyers

I agree Richie and Carts don't seem to jive and that bothers me...they've never lit it up together and seem to get into each others way. I like Giroux with Zherdev but I'd still switch Carts with Z to get him away from Richie. I really hope I'm wrong but if they do fuck all after the first couple of periods I'll be swearing you can bet on that!!!!

If Carcillo can skate and go to the net don't be surprised if he surpasses 14 goals this year...he adds some grit to Richie's line no matter who's on the wing I have no problem with this since he's not slow.

Either way DB and Giroux's line will light it up so this team will put up some big numbers! Can't fucking wait!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...had a bunch of numbnuts bust my chops about saying richards and carter would play on the same line...lol...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
actually he used them at the end of the periods in a lot of games last year...it can a great combination with time...GO FLYERS!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...had a bunch of numbnuts bust my chops about saying richards and carter would play on the same line...lol...

I was just hoping they wouldn't do it...Am I the only one who can see there's no fucking chemistry between the two guys??? Well except for the readiness to hit frat parties together...haha! Hope I'm wrong..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just hoping they wouldn't do it...Am I the only one who can see there's no fucking chemistry between the two guys??? Well except for the readiness to hit frat parties together...haha! Hope I'm wrong..

I'm with ya Triple F. They don't gel all that well in my opinion either.

Lavy is a lot like Hitch though, I believe he'll have these guys switching lines nightly until he sees the right combo working continuously.