• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lilja - 4 months

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn could play like Lindstrom this year and our D wouldnt be fine. We are pretty much the same with all the injuries. I dont see us making any progress in having less GGA with the d that have currently in place. We either have to have all our front line playing D like the Rags do or we need to make a move

MDZ can be had if not let the Rags over pay we just need to make an offer.

Yea but if we do that we could end up over paying to, gotta be smart. Id offer something along 5 years 20 mill?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn could play like Lindstrom this year and our D wouldnt be fine. We are pretty much the same with all the injuries. I dont see us making any progress in having less GGA with the d that have currently in place.

I couldn't agree more.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but if we do that we could end up over paying to, gotta be smart. Id offer something along 5 years 20 mill?

no harm in making the offer i dont think.. that would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd i think, which is worth it.. i think they'd match, but on the off chance that theyd ont, why not

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think a coburn/grossmann pair can play against anyone in the league.. i dont think the flyers have a problem on the top pair.. the bad part is you get in to ifs right after that.. IF timonen is healthy and schenn improves on last year and becomes more like he was touted to be, the second pair will be solid.. i have faith that bourdon can be a serviceable 5.. i really liked what i saw from him last year, and he has a good mentality.. which gustafsson has also, and i think he can be a serviceable 6.. i'm worried about his size though.. he needs to play a similar style to timonen, which he hasn't mastered yet

not saying that crew gets them the cup, but i do think that crew will keep them in contention until the deadline.. along with stronger/more consistent play from bryz, which i expect will happen as well.. i also expect the flyers to play a little less aggressive up front, leaving them less exposed to fast breaks, which bryz struggled with mightily last year.. all too often the flyers would play 4-5 shifts in the offensive zone, give up a fast break, and bryz would be in la-la land and give up something soft.. i think the flyers will be much more hesitant to have situations like that..

i thought the la-la land issue after periods of no play in his zone, was bryz's only downfall late in the season.. early in the season he had that problem, plus if a puck changed direction it went in.. as the season progressed i thought he got noticeably better at handling the traffic in front of him.. if he can handle the focus liability and get help from a more conservative attack, i think he'll be much better next year

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my opinion on how i see our team now. We are def weak on D and teams will try to exploit that. We all know that Bryz hates traffic in front of him and struggled with that most of the year but, we REALLY need someone to step up and be the guy to clear traffic in front to help him see the play. Our offence is not the biggest in the league and bigger teams will take advantage of our size along the boards, which im sorry to say, we will lose alot of battles but we are also fast as hell which will eat up most of the slower pilon D's.
I dont think we need to break the bank on some D but signing one more for some much needed depth wouldnt hurt at all. Just my thoughts.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. How does hip surgery make Lilja any slower? How could ANYTHING possibly make Lilja any slower?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my opinion on how i see our team now. We are def weak on D and teams will try to exploit that. We all know that Bryz hates traffic in front of him and struggled with that most of the year but, we REALLY need someone to step up and be the guy to clear traffic in front to help him see the play. Our offence is not the biggest in the league and bigger teams will take advantage of our size along the boards, which im sorry to say, we will lose alot of battles but we are also fast as hell which will eat up most of the slower pilon D's.
I dont think we need to break the bank on some D but signing one more for some much needed depth wouldnt hurt at all. Just my thoughts.

This is also my opinion lets get someone in here to help when we get banged up and we will because we are very small on D and get smacked around on the wall just look at the devils series will tell you that.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is also my opinion lets get someone in here to help when we get banged up and we will because we are very small on D and get smacked around on the wall just look at the devils series will tell you that.

This is the exact reason we should pitch an offer to Del Zotto, He isn't great offensively but he is a solid blue collar defender.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the exact reason we should pitch an offer to Del Zotto, He isn't great offensively but he is a solid blue collar defender.

Im in we need to get Homer on board. I brought this up a few weeks ago and i was told were not making an offer for him because theres an unwritten rule between GMs not to go after any other teams players