• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Likely QB pick for Dallas question

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Shaw in round 7

Not impressed with Shaw. He seems to always be hurt as well. Give me AJ or Savage, If Bridgewater falls to second round, got to take him. I think he is being screwed like Rodgers was.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Shaw in the 7th

If Connor Shaw is there in the 5th, I would jump at it. I watched the kid play and there is no reason that his name should not be up there with the others. In fact, I would take him before I would take Murray and Manziel and Carr. He's fast, accurate, and makes good decisions.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we would use a 5th round or better pick on a QB. We have no intentions on replacing Romo and while he is getting old, he will be around for another 4-5 years I bet. We have many more needs than QB to use a draft pick on one when we can get one as a UDFA. I could see us going after a much better QB in 2 years if Jerry has any brains and watching Aaron Rodgers' development

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen says he expects Orton to stay. just don't see the Cowboys spending a pick this off-season on a QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we would use a 5th round or better pick on a QB. We have no intentions on replacing Romo and while he is getting old, he will be around for another 4-5 years I bet. We have many more needs than QB to use a draft pick on one when we can get one as a UDFA. I could see us going after a much better QB in 2 years if Jerry has any brains and watching Aaron Rodgers' development

I'm not sure if we will or won't, but I think there are reasons to consider it. Romo is not likely to be our starting QB for 5 more years, has had two back surgeries in the last two years, is well into his 30's, Orton takes up way too much of our cap space, Romo has had some pretty serious injuries in the last few years and it would be nice to have someone step in that knows the system when we move on from Romo instead of a new kid in his first or second year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of us are basing QB in this thread as 5th or later just like Jarntt asked. Using one or even 2 of our (6) seventh round picks on targeted UDFA QB makes sense. Romo may be here 2017 but he will not see the last two years of this contract. Three years I'll agree after that he is on very thin ice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen says he expects Orton to stay. just don't see the Cowboys spending a pick this off-season on a QB

I think Orton is a fantastic backup and he proved that week 17 of last year. If Romo could learn from watching him how to get rid of the ball quicker instead of holding it so long we'd be a better team and our OL would look much better too. But, even if Orton is still here this year, he is gone next year. So wouldn't it be better to be a little proactive instead of getting caught with our pants down when he walks out the door? This is why I liked the Weeden signing. I read a stat of how few QBs we've drafted in the last 10 or 20 years as compared to many other teams and it was interesting to see how little picks we spend on the most important position. But, what wasn't in that stat was how much more we spent on FA backups. Not sure if that's good or bad, but at least we don't ignore the position.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us are basing QB in this thread as 5th or later just like Jarntt asked. Using one or even 2 of our (6) seventh round picks on targeted UDFA QB makes sense. Romo may be here 2017 but he will not see the last two years of this contract. Three years I'll agree after that he is on very thin ice.

Exactly. I think that of the people here that do want to use a draft pick on a QB, most are looking at guys like Murray. My point in this thread was if we end up going there late in the draft (when those 9 are gone) who would you guys want us to pick. Not that I want us to pick one of these other guys. Personally, my preference would be to get the best (or last) of those 9 left in the 4th round because I see no way any are there in the 5th or later and I think all 9 could be a good NFL QB...or just wait until the 7th and grab the best remaining.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think that of the people here that do want to use a draft pick on a QB, most are looking at guys like Murray. My point in this thread was if we end up going there late in the draft (when those 9 are gone) who would you guys want us to pick. Not that I want us to pick one of these other guys. Personally, my preference would be to get the best (or last) of those 9 left in the 4th round because I see no way any are there in the 5th or later and I think all 9 could be a good NFL QB...or just wait until the 7th and grab the best remaining.

I think it all depends on if you QB's go early in the 1st. An early run most likely gets the top 9 gone before we draft in the 4th. If teams hold off in the 1st I think one or two of the 9 you mention will be there in the 4th. If this is the case Jerry and co will have an interesting decision to make.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on if you QB's go early in the 1st. An early run most likely gets the top 9 gone before we draft in the 4th. If teams hold off in the 1st I think one or two of the 9 you mention will be there in the 4th. If this is the case Jerry and co will have an interesting decision to make.

I do expect all 9 to be gone by the time we make our 4th pick. But, if one were there I'd grab him. I do like all 9 at that spot.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do expect all 9 to be gone by the time we make our 4th pick. But, if one were there I'd grab him. I do like all 9 at that spot.

If teams think these QB's are projects or backups there is a good chance a couple will be there in 4th.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams think these QB's are projects or backups there is a good chance a couple will be there in 4th.

I think the Cowboys should take the Seahawks, 49ers and Ravens approach to the next couple of drafts while Romo is still here. Build up the Defense, OL, and running game, and when the time comes to insert a young guy at QB, he will be set up for success like Wilson and Kap, who only have to ''steer the ship''

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get a QB at great value in Rd 3 or 4 fine, try to get Tonys replacement. If there's no value find a project in the 6th or 7th. I think Rono's here through 2016 so we can get our next QB in 2015. Before Savage shot up in the mocks I was thinking he may be a guy we look at in the 4th. Murray may still be a 5th Rd option.