• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Light at the end of tunnel???

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bolts seem to be having a stretch of bum luck! And our road ahead has some tough opponents coming up, like Saturday vs the B's. I really am trying to find some positive for this club, my favourite team, but the light looks dim! I mean who would have thought they could have lost to the worst team in the NHL with 40+ shots on goal? Will anyone step up to do for Stammer what MSL did? MSL had that pass to Stammer's wheel house mastered so the sniper could get that awesome one-timer whistling! Even prospects with great stats having season ending injuries. I hope the Bolts get out of this tunnel & do so quickly!
GOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOLTS

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bolts seem to be having a stretch of bum luck! And our road ahead has some tough opponents coming up, like Saturday vs the B's. I really am trying to find some positive for this club, my favourite team, but the light looks dim! I mean who would have thought they could have lost to the worst team in the NHL with 40+ shots on goal? Will anyone step up to do for Stammer what MSL did? MSL had that pass to Stammer's wheel house mastered so the sniper could get that awesome one-timer whistling! Even prospects with great stats having season ending injuries. I hope the Bolts get out of this tunnel & do so quickly!
GOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOLTS
we will catch back up! the leafs in there next 4 games have the flyers, Ducks, Sharks and kings! the habs are without price in goal right now! yes the leafs are going on the west coast hell trip like we did!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team did everything bit score on Thursday, they deserved a better fate. In saying that, we didn't make some smart decision with the puck. At times it felt like the Sabers were telegraphing our passes and we gave up to many odd man rushes. We not smart enough in the opposition's zone, there were several times were we tried to make a low percentage play and coughing the puck up instead of playing the puck deep and keeping it there. Also on those odd man rushes it like our forwards forgot when a dman chips in a forward should rotate back. I didn't count the odd man rushes they had but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sabers had more odd man rushes than all 4 teams combined who played on that road trip.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I also didn't like was Cooper went for all speed vs the Sabers. The Sabers are full of big hard nosed players both up front and on the backend, no Aulie, no Malone, no Crombeen. All 3 of the, should of played vs the Sabers and all 3 should play against the Bruin in my opinion unless Cooper goes 11 7.

Is there light and the end of the tunnel? Yes, definitely both short and long term. The only way is up because of the way Yzerman is built the organization. We have a foundation in place to be successful for several years. I think we have a good coaching staff, a wealth of talented forwards, a defense that needs improving but the likes of Hedman, Gudas, Barberio, Sustr will continue to improve and we have the likes of Koekkoek, Blujus and Dotchin in junior. I think we have the best Goalie depth in the NHL, Bishop, Lindy? but then you have Gudlevskis, Vasilevskiy and Wilcox. I think the organization is littered with talent from top to bottom. Yzerman knows what he's doing, he's a great GM. He's made it an attractive organization to play for. The owner is class personified. I'm excited to be a fan of this organization because only better days lay ahead. Year and year this organization is going to be relevant and competitive and that's exciting.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I shall return, look how many chances Stammer has last night, he had plenty and plenty in his wheelhouse he was just off though. As much as Marty is a great playmaker, Steven Stamkos can create on his own. I also thought Purcell played his best game in months, he has the hands and vision to create for Stammer and I also think Killorn has that in his game also.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny you are right in every respect but one. Lindback is nowhere, he has had two years now to mold into a good goalie but has failed. He's worse this year than last and we shouldn't waste any more time on him. Gudlevski or Vasilevsky shoud be brought up to backstop Bishop for the rest of the season and playoffs if we make it. While we're at it why not bring up Drouin for the playoffs ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it funny Danny I thought Purcell played lousy ! Turned over the puck several times and passed to nowhere a couple times.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin is going to be a great player also coming! if we resign callahan and get a top defenseman in the offseason the lightning are a big time contender again.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny you are right in every respect but one. Lindback is nowhere, he has had two years now to mold into a good goalie but has failed. He's worse this year than last and we shouldn't waste any more time on him. Gudlevski or Vasilevsky shoud be brought up to backstop Bishop for the rest of the season and playoffs if we make it. While we're at it why not bring up Drouin for the playoffs ?

Well a put a ? next to Lindy because he does has talented/potential but he's never really developed it.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it funny Danny I thought Purcell played lousy ! Turned over the puck several times and passed to nowhere a couple times.

I don't know from what I saw I thought played well, I thought he created some chances and looked energized to play with Stamkos. I though both he and Killorn played well and give Stamkos some good looks but Stamkos never buried those chances unfortunately.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'm the only one who's blind or you guys are but I think the village idiot needs D over net-minder! Lindy could be a lot better with more reps. He should be starting games that the opponent's not good enough to see Bishop. Playing more will get a net-minder, especially 1 that didn't get the experience in the AHL, into a groove & it's great for their confidence. You guys expect a miracle from Lindy coming back from injury & having very limited play all season! If you watched the game like I did, you'd see again he didn't get the help from the Bolts like Bishop does. In fact, there wasn't much Bolt D in the building. Absolutely disgusting again. I hope Lindy snubs this shitty team defensively speaking & follows MSL's example. Ask for a trade Lindy, run while you can!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But than what should I expect from all you bandwagon sports fans? I mean Tampa sports fans? You all probably want to get rid of pitchers on the Rays, Quarterbacks on the Bucs, Coaches, etc. It's a wonder why any athlete would wanna play in Butcher block bay! That's where their heads always lay with the bandwagoneers!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so harsh on us fans ISR. We only want whats best for Tampa. The Bolts defense isn't the best in the league but its better than most as I see it.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so harsh on us fans ISR. We only want whats best for Tampa. The Bolts defense isn't the best in the league but its better than most as I see it.

You are correct by saying it's better than some of the D's but those teams aren't going to be getting to far into the playoff run either if they make it at all! And I apologize about being harsh here to my friends, I'll try not to have such a sharpe tongue. However, to give up faith on one teammate due to his lack of experience is ludicrous. Didn't Steve Young become a Super Bowl winner & Doug Williams? Look at the Rays that were called out to only succeed elsewhere. I really think someone else will scoop up Lindy quickly & give him the reps (maybe in our own division), he will become a great (there are signs of this when he plays consecutive starts) & than the Bolts will be playing against him & his team a lot being in same division. That in the long run may bite us in the ass concerning playoff berth. Again, I am sorry if my harshness before or even now (if this is considered harsh) hurt anyone's feelings. I respect all of you & appreciate all of your friendships!