• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell to the Rams

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than I thought he would be, definitely. I do think we need to run more, but with production like that, I would be going away from running the ball too. But then you have Ben throwing 45-60 times a game which is ridiculous. He's on pace to break the passing attempts in a season record. Right now, he's on pace to throw the ball 744 times. The record is 727 by Stafford in 2012.

I agree with running it more.

I think Bell will be back pretty soon.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with running it more.

I think Bell will be back pretty soon.

According to reports, he's coming back after the BYE week. But he was also supposed to show up during week 1 and we see how that turned out.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets can easily afford Bell.....they wouldn't be "blowing their cap space wad" on him.

well, they might be able to afford him initially, but with the guaranteed dollars he's looking for, they damn sure would be taking a good chunk of their cap space out of play for other pieces, there's no denying that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they might be able to afford him initially, but with the guaranteed dollars he's looking for, they damn sure would be taking a good chunk of their cap space out of play for other pieces, there's no denying that.

But, if they want to set up Bradford for success.....Bell is their best option.

Elite runner and receiver out of the backfield.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaging just 3.7ypc.

4ypc is typically the benchmark used for a RB.

He is a nice receiver out of the backfield however.
Which is great since the Steelers have been running it about 10 times/game and passing 60+ due to our sieve like D.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or to the steelers in week 7

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck trading him at that re-franchised pay rate. You would be in exactly the same problem you're in now, only a year older and a higher salary. You would also run the risk of injuring him and really killing his trade value.

Not sure what you are talking about. Steelers will franchise him again, Bell will not sign until a trade is in place anyways, so the new team will not be stuck with the franchise tag value. They will be stuck with the crazy ass number they choose to sign him for.

Are the Steelers really concerned about it? They are actively seeking a trade right now, and know they will get nothing out of it really. So if he comes back, and you run him into the ground for half a season, trying to get the most out of him, he gets hurt, you are out what? So next year you franchise him again if you truly want to get something for him, and negotiate a lower price tag than a 1st rounder.

That said, both the organization and Bell are both screwed at this point.

Bell cannot come back before week 10 in order to limit potential injury, but he has to come back or he will still be under control by the Steelers and be given a franchise tender yet again. Granted, I think the Steelers should do it either way, but come back early, get credit for the season, his franchise tag next season will be much higher.

The Steelers can't trade him easily because the team trading for him cannot negotiate or extend a contract until the end of the season making Bell a FA anyways. Therefore, that team is not going to offer much for a rental. Bell has too much value to just let him walk, so now you are stuck at having to franchise him again just to get something out of him and then dealing with another fiasco next season.

Both parties are screwed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to be back by week 10 to get credit for this year, so...is he coming back early?

Reports say Week 7-8 and Week 7 is our bye so I'm guessing his first game will be against Cleveland Week 8

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice avy. :drool:

I had a stupid ass piece of toast and some coffee for breakfast. This sucks.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really surprises me with the way he just stuck up for Earl Thomas saying he would stand up for them both during this holdout.

Well I feel like he's working his way through whatever money he has and sees how much money he's losing by sitting out. Yeah, to him, $14 mil isn't enough, but he's too stupid to realize that he's losing about $1 mil each game he sits.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, you mean he's not going to the Rams?:L

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he'll report to the team Week 7, first game will be week 8 against Cleveland.
lol

ok then. what did i say that was wrong?

i said "or to the steelers in week 7".

?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

ok then. what did i say that was wrong?

i said "or to the steelers in week 7".

?

Cause it really doesn't matter if he comes week 7 lol. Nothing changes if he comes week 7 or week 8, he misses the same amount of games, he plays the same amount of games lol. Wasn't saying you were wrong, just saying his first game will be week 8.