• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letting some homerism shine through

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the blood moon, I don't know.

At the start of the season I thought the 'Skins would be 3-3 after the Arizona game - right now they are staring 1-5 right in the face. IF, and it's a big IF, this team can manage a win against the Cards (Ellington slowed down, possible back-up or 3rd string QB?) then the team hits the stretch of their schedule against teams that they are more than capable (in my eyes) of beating. Of course they are also capable of losing these games...

I'm not hoping for playoffs here since I don't think it'll happen but instead just righting the ship and moving in a positive direction.

On deck the Skins have:
@ Arizona
vs Tennessee
@ Dallas
@ Minnesota
Bye
vs Tampa Bay

I'm going to say as easily as the team can go 1-4 over these games they can go 4-1 or 3-2. We might have something to cheer about by Week 12.

Here's to hoping!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the blood moon, I don't know.

At the start of the season I thought the 'Skins would be 3-3 after the Arizona game - right now they are staring 1-5 right in the face. IF, and it's a big IF, this team can manage a win against the Cards (Ellington slowed down, possible back-up or 3rd string QB?) then the team hits the stretch of their schedule against teams that they are more than capable (in my eyes) of beating. Of course they are also capable of losing these games...

I'm not hoping for playoffs here since I don't think it'll happen but instead just righting the ship and moving in a positive direction.

On deck the Skins have:
@ Arizona
vs Tennessee
@ Dallas
@ Minnesota
Bye
vs Tampa Bay

I'm going to say as easily as the team can go 1-4 over these games they can go 4-1 or 3-2. We might have something to cheer about by Week 12.

Here's to hoping!

Keep on hoping brother. I mean that in a good way. Hope is the only fuel for motivation for some and losing hope is the worst possible thing for them. Don't read the next paragraph if you want to avoid what I think will happen in those games.

On deck the Skins have:
@ Arizona - It does not matter who they have at Quarterback. Their defense will manhandle our oline and our defense sucks. We lose.
vs Tennessee. Toss up. We probably win. They are a mess right now and this smells of Jacksonville game part deaux.
@ Dallas. We lose
@ Minnesota We lose
Bye
vs Tampa Bay. I have no idea what to expect in this game yet.

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about Arizona's defense, although being at home does help.

They are middle of the pack for PPG, 31st against the pass and only have 4 sacks on the year (through 4 games). They've also given up 9 through 4 games and the right side of their line is suspect. They are also one of the few teams almost as injured as the Skins.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about Arizona's defense, although being at home does help.

They are middle of the pack for PPG, 31st against the pass and only have 4 sacks on the year (through 4 games). They've also given up 9 through 4 games and the right side of their line is suspect. They are also one of the few teams almost as injured as the Skins.

The problem with last week's score (in my opinion) is that it was the old "Cat playing with a half dead mouse". Seattle could have beaten us by 30 if they had to. They opted for ground punishment and clock killing. Yards rushing. Seattle 225, Washington 32. I would not be surprised if we lose by 3 touchdowns vs Arizona. Would anyone?

What I would like to see is some of the young guys start producing. Where is Ryan Grant? Can't he get open? Put Will Compton in and see if he can play. Trent Murphy needs to show he can do more than just look out for the screen play. Start mixing in someone else at safety now because Ryan Clark is not going to last and Merriweather is well, you know. Try Davis for a few plays. Amerson and Breeland... The lights are on you now!
FRANK KEARSE! That guy was playing his ass off!

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with last week's score (in my opinion) is that it was the old "Cat playing with a half dead mouse". Seattle could have beaten us by 30 if they had to. They opted for ground punishment and clock killing. Yards rushing. Seattle 225, Washington 32. I would not be surprised if we lose by 3 touchdowns vs Arizona. Would anyone?

What I would like to see is some of the young guys start producing. Where is Ryan Grant? Can't he get open? Put Will Compton in and see if he can play. Trent Murphy needs to show he can do more than just look out for the screen play. Start mixing in someone else at safety now because Ryan Clark is not going to last and Merriweather is well, you know. Try Davis for a few plays. Amerson and Breeland... The lights are on you now!
FRANK KEARSE! That guy was playing his ass off!

Agree with what you have said here....But I would be shocked if they beat us by 3tds....With their depleted Defense, and QB situation.....I would be 100% completly shocked if they lost by that much....