• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk All Pro

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Bailey may still be dealing with a lingering back problem that was hampering him earlier. That might explain why he hasn't displayed the the leg strength we are used to seeing.

Back problems don't just go away, in a lot of cases total rest is required for the muscles in your back to fully heal - and if it's a structural issue, then surgery may be required.

It seems Dallas has a lot of guys with back issues on the roster this year. T.Smith, D.Lawrence, D.Bailey, and there are a couple others I am forgetting. Hopefully back issues don't become the new "hamstring" for the Cowboys. Interestingly enough, a lot of back problems can arise from hamstring injuries, and vice versa.

Source: Am not a doctor, but have dealt with chronic back issues.

Cowboys, and surprised more teams don't do this, need to install a regimen of hot yoga for their players. All year round, stretching and core development. Sounds feminine, but could save us a lot of muscle pulls and tears.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, and surprised more teams don't do this, need to install a regimen of hot yoga for their players. All year round, stretching and core development. Sounds feminine, but could save us a lot of muscle pulls and tears.

Agree 100%

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some players do these things already, and these guys seem to last a little longer and stay productive longer. I'm sure franchises already provide this service, but can only do so much to enforce participation within the constraints of the CBA. It's like the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink".

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Bailey may still be dealing with a lingering back problem that was hampering him earlier. That might explain why he hasn't displayed the the leg strength we are used to seeing.

Back problems don't just go away, in a lot of cases total rest is required for the muscles in your back to fully heal - and if it's a structural issue, then surgery may be required.

It seems Dallas has a lot of guys with back issues on the roster this year. T.Smith, D.Lawrence, D.Bailey, and there are a couple others I am forgetting. Hopefully back issues don't become the new "hamstring" for the Cowboys. Interestingly enough, a lot of back problems can arise from hamstring injuries, and vice versa.

Source: Am not a doctor, but have dealt with chronic back issues.

Back issues are extremely tough and I wish surgery on no one. I have a couple torn discs Ive been dealing with for 20 years and it sucks. Hope its something mostly minor for Dan and the rest of the Boys!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a little confused. Do we know there is still a problem with his back or are we assuming?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a little confused. Do we know there is still a problem with his back or are we assuming?

I was speculating based on Bailey's reported back injury earlier in the season. Knowing the nature of back injuries first hand, I was taking a (somewhat) educated guess. Not saying the theory is correct, but it would seem to fit.

I was certainly surprised to see Bailey come up 4-5 yards short on the 56 yarder on Sunday night. I have seen him on more than one occasion nail a 56 yarder with plenty of leg to spare.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have seen Lee make it, but the two guys that made it are pretty tough

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome news for Sean Lee! Started off a little slow, but came on big time towards the middle of the year, and now playing as well as I have ever seen him.

3 All-Pro Olineman - pretty impressive.

In other news, the price for Zack Martin keeps going up. Three years in the league and all he's done is 2x 1st Team All-Pro and a 2nd Team All-Pro. Yikes!

Elliott had some stiff competition but was definitely deserving of the award.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, the price for Zack Martin keeps going up. Three years in the league and all he's done is 2x 1st Team All-Pro and a 2nd Team All-Pro. Yikes!

Just like good tools, wellbuilt cars., houses, quality costs $$$$ Zack will be worth it for 1 more contact then you have to find a cheaper replacement.

Good For Zack he will get paid. But you cant have a D-9 Caterpillar bulldozer at every position on the OL some times you have to settle for John Deere or Terex still really good just not a Caterpillar.

look up earthmoving equipment and you will get it for our challenged brethren that peruse the pages :suds:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like good tools, wellbuilt cars., houses, quality costs $$$$ Zack will be worth it for 1 more contact then you have to find a cheaper replacement.

Good For Zack he will get paid. But you cant have a D-9 Caterpillar bulldozer at every position on the OL some times you have to settle for John Deere or Terex still really good just not a Caterpillar.

look up earthmoving equipment and you will get it for our challenged brethren that peruse the pages :suds:

Count me as one who thinks Zack Martin is essential to what this team does. He might come with a D-10 price tag. Totally worth it.

I hope to see Martin a Cowboy for a long time. No matter the cost. The Cowboys running game reached a whole new level when Martin came to town. Martin working together with Frederick inside is devastating to opposing front 7s.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Hershel Walker used to do Ballet to keep his muscles limber & not pull them. Wasn't very macho but he was healthy.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is a must. Go cheap the other two positions. Cooper an interesting pick up. Maybe can compete if/when we lose Leary.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most happy for Lee getting his All-Pro. Very stiff competition and coming back from being labeled injury prone to come back and be recognized for the season he's had is awesome. This IMO will make him even more hungry.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is a must. Go cheap the other two positions. Cooper an interesting pick up. Maybe can compete if/when we lose Leary.

Gotta be a reason he has been with 3 teams in 3-4 yrs. His production is good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most happy for Lee getting his All-Pro. Very stiff competition and coming back from being labeled injury prone to come back and be recognized for the season he's had is awesome. This IMO will make him even more hungry.

I think it's a great thing for not only him, but this whole defense. I honestly had more fun watching the defense this year than the offense