• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's light this candle

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's MLB's opening day lineup, rotation, and closer for all 30 teams:

If you want to cut to the chase, here's the one predicted for the Pale Hose:

WHITE SOX
  1. Tim Anderson, SS
  2. Yoán Moncada, 3B
  3. Yasmani Grandal, C
  4. José Abreu, 1B
  5. Eloy Jiménez, LF
  6. Luis Robert, CF
  7. Andrew Vaughn, DH
  8. Adam Eaton, RF
  9. Nick Madrigal, 2B
Rotation
  1. Lucas Giolito, RHP
  2. Dallas Keuchel, LHP
  3. Lance Lynn, RHP
  4. Dylan Cease, RHP
  5. Carlos Rodón, LHP
Closer: Liam Hendriks, RHP

Interestingly enough, they believe Vaughn will go north with the team right from the getgo. I'm still SMH tho at our #5 starter, despite the fact that I predicted the same thing. Please Michael, get into the rotation ASAP!!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pen is mightier than the...........

So I had Vaughn and Kopech ticketed for Charlotte to start the season. But it's beginning to look like both could possibly be packing their bags for Chicago instead. I'm still taking the 'I'll believe it when I see it' approach to each of them making the squad out of the gate, but the talk sure has been going on the assumption that they'll start the season with the Good Guys.

The White Sox are also expected to get a full season out of the electrifying Garrett Crochet, who blew big league hitters away in his brief call-up at the end of last season. Another fireballer, Michael Kopech, seems to be ticketed to at least start the season pitching out of the bullpen. The White Sox see both as long-term starters. In the short term, though? They make a fearsome 'pen a lot scarier.

Now to me that sounds like Big Mike is heading north, not east when camp breaks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you fail basic math:

The problem here is the writer predicts a 26 man opening day roster by naming 27 players. I'd understand if he had someone in dual action duty, ie being listed as both a starter and a reliever. But he doesn't even do that. Or perhaps naming Jace Fry, but stating he won't be available early on due to injury. He doesn't do that either. He simply names 27 players to make up the 26 man roster. And this is Fansided's reporter for the White Sox? Actually, not too surprising when you think about it. After all, this is the same closet Cubs fan who thought we should give away the store in a suggested trade for Kyle Hendricks. But it also doesn't say much for the website's editor, at least not for his ability to count.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two catchers on the roster?

Seems a bit thin to me, unless of course the Sox plan to open the season with just 12 positional players. Three spots are needed to cover the
the field:
INF (Mendick, possibly Beckham)
OF (Garcia)
C(????)

There's your #10-12 spots right there. That's a thin bench IMO. I'd like to see Collins, with his much needed LH bat, get a shot at riding pine, but not as our backup catcher. That should go to a better defensive player, such as Lucroy or even Seby Zavala. If we don't start out with four on the bench, I suspect Zack will be SOL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two catchers on the roster?

Seems a bit thin to me, unless of course the Sox plan to open the season with just 12 positional players. Three spots are needed to cover the
the field:
INF (Mendick, possibly Beckham)
OF (Garcia)
C(????)

There's your #10-12 spots right there. That's a thin bench IMO. I'd like to see Collins, with his much needed LH bat, get a shot at riding pine, but not as our backup catcher. That should go to a better defensive player, such as Lucroy or even Seby Zavala. If we don't start out with four on the bench, I suspect Zack will be SOL.
As with Lambert and Stievers for starting pitching - I suspect Collins will be the call up for any catcher needs out of AAA. Collins appears to be swinging the back well this spring, but if you want a catcher to ride the pine - the guy who could probably be a better hitting in that situation will be Mercedes.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with Lambert and Stievers for starting pitching - I suspect Collins will be the call up for any catcher needs out of AAA. Collins appears to be swinging the back well this spring, but if you want a catcher to ride the pine - the guy who could probably be a better hitting in that situation will be Mercedes.
If we're talking strictly riding the pine, I'd probably lean toward Collins between the two, if only because he's a bit more diverse defensively, plus he brings the lefty bat. However, if we're only going to start the season with two catchers only, then my vote would be for Lucroy and give both Collins and Mercedes more playing time in the minors in the event of a call up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking strictly riding the pine, I'd probably lean toward Collins between the two, if only because he's a bit more diverse defensively, plus he brings the lefty bat. However, if we're only going to start the season with two catchers only, then my vote would be for Lucroy and give both Collins and Mercedes more playing time in the minors in the event of a call up.
I agree with you about Collins. It's just Mercedes is the kind of guy who can get off the bench and get a hit - while Collins is the kind of guy who needs to be in a groove - just based on past performance.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about Collins. It's just Mercedes is the kind of guy who can get off the bench and get a hit - while Collins is the kind of guy who needs to be in a groove - just based on past performance.
collins is not a major leaguer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the predicted opening day roster from Scott Merkin, the White Sox writer for the MLB website:

Some notables:
*13/13 balance
*Yes on Vaughn, Kopech, and Crochet
*Only two catchers
*No Zack Collins or Yermin Mercedes
*Insanely loaded bullpen (and no Jimmy Cordero)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the predicted opening day roster from Scott Merkin, the White Sox writer for the MLB website:

Some notables:
*13/13 balance
*Yes on Vaughn, Kopech, and Crochet
*Only two catchers
*No Zack Collins or Yermin Mercedes
*Insanely loaded bullpen (and no Jimmy Cordero)
Things have changed, dat fo sho.

Another lefty bat with the addition of Lamb. And Yermin makes the cut as well? Looks like it, altho it's probably only as long as until Engel returns. Make the most of it big fella!!!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have changed, dat fo sho.

Another lefty bat with the addition of Lamb. And Yermin makes the cut as well? Looks like it, altho it's probably only as long as until Engel returns. Make the most of it big fella!!!
mark my words. bad decision. lucroy should have been the backup. be interesting to see how he does going forward compared to the crap we kept.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's about that time to confirm my MLB.TV stuff is auto-renewing. Unlike you guys, I don't watch spring training...but I'm ready for the real deal. So close!