• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's get this kick started

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Church is seeing all this correctly.

I still love Wilcox, think Mo is going to be very good and Lord knows Lawrence is getting a baptism going against T. Smith each day.

Safety Barry Church is as close as it comes to a sure thing on a Dallas Cowboys’ defense that has a whole bunch of question marks. What does Church expect from some of the most prominent question marks around him? He provided his answers during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.

On J.J. Wilcox: “Just an explosive playmaker. Those are the words that come to my mind when I think of him. This whole offseason, he was all over the place -- getting interceptions, locking up tight ends -- so I feel like he’s going to be a big playmaker for us on the back end. I’m excited to see what he can bring to the table this season.”

On Bruce Carter: “Definitely with the loss of Sean Lee, it’s time for him to step up and be that focal point of the defense, and I feel like he’ll be able to do that. He’s making a lot of the checks out there. He’s the head of the huddle for the defense, so I feel like this offseason really generated a lot of confidence for him, and I feel like going into the season that’s going to work for him. He’s going to get better and better as the season progresses.”

On Morris Claiborne: “To me, he’s had the best offseason out of anybody in our secondary and anybody on our defense. He’s turned his body around. He’s completely focused. Before, I would have to give him the check for the defense a couple of times. Now, I’m just like, ‘Boom, here’s the call,’ and he’s ready to roll. ... Now you’re starting to see some of the productivity he can bring to our defense.”

On Brandon Carr: “I expect him to live up to that contract, and I know he will. He’s been putting in a lot of work this offseason. Me and him especially have working on our footwork drills, man-to-man drills and lifting together and running together. I feel like he’s got just a whole new focus going into this season. He wants to, like he said earlier in one of his interviews, take over the league. I feel like he can be one of those top-3 corners in the NFL. I feel like he’ll show everybody this year. I definitely have the faith in him to live up to that contract, and I know he will.”

On DeMarcus Lawrence: “Definitely, it’ll take some time. DeMarcus Ware, he’s a one-of-a-kind guy. It’s definitely going to take more than one year to replace a guy like that, but DeMarcus Lawrence has got the talent. He’s been out there working against one of the best offensive tackles in the game in Tyron Smith every day in practice. He’s taken a couple of lumps from him, but he’s definitely won some of those battles, too. That definitely shows me that he has the talent, and he has the will to do it. We’ve just got to see what he can do when the pads come on, but I definitely see a productive guy in DeMarcus Lawrence.”

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that and all I took from it is Church isn't going to dog anyone on the team. I'm with you though hoping Church is right.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that and all I took from it is Church isn't going to dog anyone on the team. I'm with you though hoping Church is right.

No kidding....I'm still working on getting past the very first sentence

" Barry Church is as close as it comes to a sure thing on a Dallas Cowboys’ defense "

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church wants to be the leader, which is good in some ways. He did paint a pretty picture but so does Romo when he speaks of the offense. He did bring up CArrs contract. The only other leader on that side of the ball though would be CArr maybe?? I still think Lee will be a big part of this team even though he is injured. I can't wait for it to start fellows

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking Mo & Carter have the talent and the short hairs on the back of their necks should be standing up to prove a whole bunch IF the have any pride as players. Those players with mindsets of staying healthy cause it all pays the same are team killers.

whole lotta question marks on defense. Just about everywhere. Church too, he hasn't arrived but there are just so many on a roster. I think Wilcox will become a player in this league. Like Jarntt, really like what I've seen

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this defense all revolves around Wilcox. Not just worried that he doesn't play well, but more that he gets injured. If Heath sees any significant playing time, it's gonna be a long season. I've heard people are really liking what Jakar showed in OTA's, so maybe he can show something in TC.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this defense all revolves around Wilcox. Not just worried that he doesn't play well, but more that he gets injured. If Heath sees any significant playing time, it's gonna be a long season. I've heard people are really liking what Jakar showed in OTA's, so maybe he can show something in TC.

BOY DO I AGREE

best measuring stick for me with regards to this teams coaches may be finding football players to flat out cut Heath. I don't care to hold on to players that are liabilities to the defense but play good ST's. We aren't that kinda team. We are in high demand for football players with smarts, game and wanna play, not just run through the goal post on game day

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I have liked the last few yrs, is that it seems the staff isn't afraid to add to the roster. If a guy becomes available, they will bring him in if he can add to the team. I'm not talking about the super star player. I like what they have done with McClain and okoye. Hopefully one will stick. Garrett says they are always looking to improve the talent of the roster. I'm not sure this was done as efficiently in the past.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding a safety is of course important, but I can't put all that on Wilcox specifically. We don't even know if he will be the one that wins the job. I do agree that it has to be someone other than Heath. Put me down for saying the key (if we are picking just one thing) is getting a pass rush. I don't think anything else is going to matter if we can't pressure the QB better.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation will help the rush hopefully. Ready to see a healthy CRawford. I think this is where the game planning and the player evaluations that Pday speaks of needs to show up the most. Whether we have to create pressure through blitzing or with our down 4 , it's like you said making the other Qb uncomfortable is key

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounded kinda rah rahish from Church.

The thing with Wilcox, is when he 1st got here no one was expecting him to even see the field his 1st year. They thought he was too raw. So of course he struggled, but I look at it like this. He now has more exp. on the live playing field than he would have going into his next year. So obviously if they thought to put him on the field when he was Raw we can hope he ends up being a top player down the road. (they must see something)

I like the rotation idea worked well wwith Jimmy Johnson, but I do hope the actual starters can get a pass rush going, because if the D-line does start disrupting the offense many teams will go to a quick huddle/no huddle to keep from allowing substitution. Most teams nowadays have some form of that style of offense.

I know this. Lots of things to look forward to paying attention too during TC.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding....I'm still working on getting past the very first sentence

" Barry Church is as close as it comes to a sure thing on a Dallas Cowboys’ defense "

That does sound like an indictment of the other safeties.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Matt Johnson? I know he pulled up a little lame early June, is he ready for camp? Between him Wilcox and Hamilton we should be able the jettison Heath.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Matt Johnson? I know he pulled up a little lame early June, is he ready for camp? Between him Wilcox and Hamilton we should be able the jettison Heath.

As far as I know, as of today, he is currently in between hamstring pulls.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd just like to see Johnson actually play in a game lol. He is much more athletic than I realized. When you put his size/speed numbers up against the top guys coming out the last few years, hr is right there

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It so hard to find good Safetys. I have two vivid memories from previous draft days... 1. We traded up in the first round and I turned to my draft buddy and said, "Were getting Warren Sapp". With the 8th pick in the draft the Eagles select Mike Mamula. 2. Me and my same buddy were watching the draft and we traded up in the drafts 1st round and I said were getting Earl THomas cause EVERYONE had us drafting him. THe Eagles select Brandom Graham. UUUGH!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It so hard to find good Safetys. I have two vivid memories from previous draft days... 1. We traded up in the first round and I turned to my draft buddy and said, "Were getting Warren Sapp". With the 8th pick in the draft the Eagles select Mike Mamula. 2. Me and my same buddy were watching the draft and we traded up in the drafts 1st round and I said were getting Earl THomas cause EVERYONE had us drafting him. THe Eagles select Brandom Graham. UUUGH!

man that has got to suck.
not only trade up in the 1st however expensive that was alone, then to pass on those type of players do so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding a safety is of course important, but I can't put all that on Wilcox specifically. We don't even know if he will be the one that wins the job. I do agree that it has to be someone other than Heath. Put me down for saying the key (if we are picking just one thing) is getting a pass rush. I don't think anything else is going to matter if we can't pressure the QB better.

That's fine....I'll be president of the JJ Wilcox is a player fan club. :suds:

I'd darn near bet the house he starts. I've seen a couple of comments that he's all over the field this spring and knowing the system is night and day difference from last year. That... his mother dying along with his injuries were the birth of Heath. SURELY we can find players to bump Heath to seeing cars or something this season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man that has got to suck.
not only trade up in the 1st however expensive that was alone, then to pass on those type of players do so.

Bro, it goes on an on. Traded up to get Jerome McDougall.... very next pick, Troy Polamalu. Freddie Mitchell a few picks before Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and Drew Brees. LJ Smith a few picks before Jason Witten. Uuugh! But I guess most teams have the same horror stories.

Man what I would pay to see Brian Dawkins and Troy Polamalu at safety together. Sooooooo close yet sooooo far.