• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets be real, You happy with the last game?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please people post what you think of this last game and throw it all out there. Don't hold back. happy, Sad, mad, what ever your feelings LET IT BE KNOWN in this thread.

Myself i am Still pissed off just like i was in Preseason. Why? 7 points people that's why 7 GOD DAMN POINTS @ HOME from our Offense against a SHIT TEAM. I will take the win but this team did not improve they just played a MUCH worse team and made them look MUCH better than they are for 80% of the game.

4 Sacks allowed that's just crap. the Bears had ZERO, NADA, ZIP in the first two games and they got 4 today. Really? The Bears had given up a average of 39 points @ their own home in 2 games and 48 to a team that has a stationary target at QB ( Palmer ) with 0 sacks. Yet we score 26 points and 19 of them were from ST and FG, Let that sink in before you assume our offensive evils are healed. At home Russell and the offense scored 7 point's against what had been one of the WORST Defenses in the NFL. The Key here people is the Hawks were @ HOME!

Also the Shut out, don't get to happy about it look who the Bears QB was LMAO a joke of a player that really shouldn't be in the NFL. Had Forte not got injured and then seemed to shy away from the type or running he did through the first half he easily goes over 100. The Bears passing game was killed more by injury and the total shit they got for a Back-up QB than our defense. Now i won't take everything away from the defense because they played a great game but it was "Da Bears" lmao.

Lockett had out gained the Seahawks complete first half yardage totals in 1 play and Out scored them, that should never happen when playing a team like the Bears. Yeah this team won but they did not improve at all they just played a very much inferior team but made them look like a legit 8-8 type team. No the bears will be lucky to win 2 games.

Yeah so as you can see i still see to many issues on this team to be happy and i do not let flashy things blind me to the "WHOLE PICTURE" Only way this gets better is if they some how find a Oline or a OLINE COACH that can actually improve the play of his players. Our Oline has not improved EVER and has regressed every year. Okung has regressed, Hell Britt looked like a soon to be stud at right tackle last season even with his rookie growing pains. This season he looked SO BAD at RT they moved him to LG and he looks even worse there. Yeah he also Regressed. Also Do not believe the Cable hype of JR Sweezy thats just more smoke being blown up our asses by a Oline coach that really has no clue.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense needs a ground up rebuild, id fire the whole staff and bring in someone with a brain that can get the best out of our talent and do things to prevent letting our weaknesses from being exploited.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I told my son last night that even though we beat the bears 26-0 there would still be Hawk's fans that weren't satisfied. And here we are. lol.

I say relax. 26-0 was awesome. Our defense pitched a shutout. I don't care if it was the Bears it's hard to shutout any NFL team. They punted all ten times they had the ball and we only allowed one first down in the entire second half. On offense we put up 371 yards and put points up on 5 different drives. Some more TD's would have been nice but they played smart football by taking the points that were given to them and not trying to force things. Why should they not settle for FG's when the defense was playing so well? Rawls looked great, Lockett did what Lockett is supposed to do. Wilson had a efficient day (101 QB rating), Graham was used heavily and scored. No one was seriously hurt (unless Mebane and Lynch are worse than I know). So turn that frown upside up down little camper, it was a good day.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense needs a ground up rebuild, id fire the whole staff and bring in someone with a brain that can get the best out of our talent and do things to prevent letting our weaknesses from being exploited.

We should definitely start firing coaches. It's not like this team has been successful for the past few years.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I told my son last night that even though we beat the bears 26-0 there would still be Hawk's fans that weren't satisfied. And here we are. lol.

I say relax. 26-0 was awesome. Our defense pitched a shutout. I don't care if it was the Bears it's hard to shutout any NFL team. They punted all ten times they had the ball and we only allowed one first down in the entire second half. On offense we put up 371 yards and put points up on 5 different drives. Some more TD's would have been nice but they played smart football by taking the points that were given to them and not trying to force things. Why should they not settle for FG's when the defense was playing so well? Rawls looked great, Lockett did what Lockett is supposed to do. Wilson had a efficient day (101 QB rating), Graham was used heavily and scored. No one was seriously hurt (unless Mebane and Lynch are worse than I know). So turn that frown upside up down little camper, it was a good day.
Yeah, some folks are just nearly impossible to please unless we stomp everyone all game long. I definitely would have liked to have seen TDs in the first half, but we punted 1 time in the 2nd half, didn't turn the ball over, had a 100 yard rusher not named Lynch or Wilson, and Graham had a big game. Still plenty to work on, but it's only week 3. We gave up 4 sacks, but I would rather see RW take a sack vs force it somewhere and turn it over, especially when we are playing a team that doesn't have a real chance to beat us outside of something crazy happening.

On to Detroit and a 2-2 record.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should definitely start firing coaches. It's not like this team has been successful for the past few years.

I know right? Look at any team who has fired coaches quickly and they are usually poor teams (Washington, Detroit, Buffalo, NYJets, etc..). Then look at teams who keep coaches long term (Pittsburgh, NE, the Hawks). Having a coaching carousel does nothing to help the players. We just don't have great players on the O-line. It's that simple. We are getting what we can out of them but they'll never be a "great" Oline regardless of who the Line coach is. Maybe it's a good thing because really good Oline men can get expensive and we wouldn't have the money to spend on them anyway.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some folks are just nearly impossible to please unless we stomp everyone all game long. I definitely would have liked to have seen TDs in the first half, but we punted 1 time in the 2nd half, didn't turn the ball over, had a 100 yard rusher not named Lynch or Wilson, and Graham had a big game. Still plenty to work on, but it's only week 3. We gave up 4 sacks, but I would rather see RW take a sack vs force it somewhere and turn it over, especially when we are playing a team that doesn't have a real chance to beat us outside of something crazy happening.

On to Detroit and a 2-2 record.

Agreed, plus one of those sacks wasn't really even a sack in my opinion. Russell was trying to run up the middle on a scramble and made it back to the line of scrimmage I thought. Technically a "sack" I suppose but not really what I think of when I hear about a QB being sacked.

We even had a nice bit of trickery with the Sherman return on that punt. Only things that would have made that play better is if Sherman would have had the wheels to get to the endzone, and if we'd done it to the Rams instead of the Bears.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? Look at any team who has fired coaches quickly and they are usually poor teams (Washington, Detroit, Buffalo, NYJets, etc..). Then look at teams who keep coaches long term (Pittsburgh, NE, the Hawks). Having a coaching carousel does nothing to help the players. We just don't have great players on the O-line. It's that simple. We are getting what we can out of them but they'll never be a "great" Oline regardless of who the Line coach is. Maybe it's a good thing because really good Oline men can get expensive and we wouldn't have the money to spend on them anyway.

Exactly right. We can't have high priced players at every position. The price you pay for having all those high priced defensive players, is a lot of low priced guys on offense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. That game was like a lot of games over the past couple years. Slow start against a bad team, then come to life in the second half. Lots of new pieces on offense, I'm not naive enough to believe that they would be in mid season form at the start of the season. They took a step forward, and I expect them to take another step next Monday. Who were the best 3 teams at the end of last year? I'd say it was the Hawks, Pats and Packers... All three had slow starts at the begining of the year. Why anyone expects to be in top form every game is beyond me, just fucking win, get better and show up when it counts.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

196157.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. We can't have high priced players at every position. The price you pay for having all those high priced defensive players, is a lot of low priced guys on offense.

And a reason why we have a lot of these high priced guys is because of the high quality coaching staff we've had in tact since the Carroll regime began... Look Thurmond III, Maxwell, Browner, Red Bryant, Clemons, Carpenter, Giac, had moved on and you don't really hear about them anymore since they started w/ their new teams unless they were a highlight for the opposing player they were matched up against... For example, Browner was a human highlight for the Panthers last night and Maxwell was the same for the Cowboys a week prior... Golden Tate is the only player to have moved on and has had success...

If you look on the offensive side of the ball, we pretty much have the same players in tact, outside Tate and a few OL... Graham is the new addition...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regards to last night's game, it went about how I expected it to... I figured we'd blow them out and the Bears would be exposed for who they are, a very bad team... I will say this, it was a tough game to see how much stride we've taken since the Bears were indeed, very bad but beating any NFL team, 26-0 is laying the hammer down...

I am still a little skeptical about our OL (mainly their pass blocking) but to be honest, the last person I'm concerned about, is Bevell... Last night, you can see how good we can be when we execute the plays called... And yes, it's good to have a bubble screen in there every now and then... If we get 4 yards out of it, it's as good as a run, no? We ran only one last night and got 4 yards on 1st down...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Result was as expected but not quite satisfied with certain aspects of the game. I have to believe that this work out over time as the team comes together.

One thing I do notice is that the offense seems to operate a lot better once we knew Lynch was going to be out. Because we are a run-first offense and Lynch being the staple of our offense, I wonder sometimes we sputter on offense because we tried to get him going. That being said, I loved what I saw out of Rawls, I loved him during pre-season and glad they kept him over Michael.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I'm happy. Wilson sometimes ticks me off when he won't go through his reads. Maybe that's because of our porous OL won't give him the time. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker when there is pressure. This is his fourth season, he needs to play like it. However, his good definitely outweighs his bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is why We are still throwing it to Lockette instead of Lockett on run routes? Did you see the route he ran on that deep ball? It was fucking gorgeous!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did awesome yesterday and I'm very happy.... We got Jimmy involved more, our running game was solid even without Lynch ... Russ made some nice throws... Our O-line got that much more experience growing together... AND our D pitched a shut-out... Any time you can shut out an NFL team your D did good... Bears haven't been shut out since 2002 .... We got in the win column and were building continuity .... VERY important for the team.... Oh and I like Tom Cable... Our line is showing marked improvements since the pre-season..

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the concern for our offense, but in the second half we moved the ball pretty well. Our issue again is capitalizing on our scoring opportunities. Too often do we move the ball, get momentum then get shut out in the red zone or get hit with a sack or penalty that makes us settle for a FG or moves us out of FG range.

Russell threw for an efficient 235 yards with a 101 qb rating and as a team we ran for 159 yards. I'd say that's about what we expect from a Seahawks offense. We will have our games when we click on all cylinders and other games when we come out the gate struggling.

A win is a win. No style points needed. I just like that we at least took a step forward and not backwards even if its against an injury riddled team. Sometimes you just need that confidence booster just to see a victory on the board to get things going again.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has done what it's always done since Russell Wilson got here. People are just freaking out because we started 0-2.

Should there be progression from Wilson now that he's 4 years in? Absolutely, but a lot of it has to do with him making smarter decisions. There are way too many instances this season where he's either not getting rid of the ball or does not see an open receiver downfield.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was .....somewhat satisfied. The defense did exactly what it was supposed to do, can't really criticize them there. I don't know why Kam was playing right away. I thought maybe they'd let him in if it got ugly but I did not expect him to start.

The first half offense was terrible. Not much else to say there. Second half they got rolling a bit with Rawls for a few drives and got Graham involved but still only put up 13 points against a bad defense. Other than that there are a few key things I noticed/think should be addressed.

1. As some have mentioned the offense actually looked a lot better with Rawls in there. Beast Mode might be in worse shape than we think. If he's hurting at all next week they should sit him and get him back to full health. The running game hasn't been great this year anyway and I feel comfortable enough with Rawls and Jackson.

2. Short yardage situations. Still a huge problem on both sides of the ball. The offense didn't seem to be able to convert on any third and one or third and inches situations. They did convert on fourth down dumping it off to Lynch but they almost managed to fuck that up as well. On offense the problems can't be traced back to just one thing. Sometimes there's a good play call with bad execution and other times it's a poor play call that has no chance. What worries me more is the defense's inability to get off the field on third and short. They seem to alright in goal line situations but anywhere else on the field teams don't have any problem picking up 1 or 2 by just pounding it straight at the D-Line.

3. Lockett needs to be out there on offense more. Graham and Lockett are the two biggest threats on offense right now. Baldwin and Kearse have been solid this year, but they're possession guys. The offense has been struggling in the red zone, more explosive scoring plays are going to be necessary to get TDs. Graham and Lockett provide the best opportunity for that.

4. Stop pretending Graham is a blocking TE. We've heard all year that he's learning to block, but it's just not his thing. I'm tired of seeing Wilson getting sacked or a RB getting blown up in the backfield because Graham's guy beat him. I don't have a problem lining him up as a TE, but don't expect him to take on a LB or DE by himself. Have him help with a quick chip or something and then get him down field. The guy is an amazing receiver, no use wasting his talents.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy with the win but I still want to see a complete all around game. These first half slumps are getting annoying with another miss oppurtunity for a TD inside the red zone, not utilizing JG and of course the O-line sucking ass. Now second half was impressive cause JG was more involved and good things happened, running game looked good in the absence of Lynch and the O-line played better for the first time this season. Lets hope the second half of yesterdays game is the start of what this offense is capable of doing.