• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's all enjoy some forced labor baseball

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“barely qualified”

You know what they call the person who graduated last in their med school class? Doctor.

You can pick the sunflower seed shells out of MY shoes any day.
Aww, yer sweet.
I used to be pretty good. Never close to being good enough to even play low level college ball, but I was decent for my league. I played rec league until I was 19 though, so it wasn’t even high school or travel level
Well I was useless. Decent speed and fielding ability, and I played 3B and OF in LL and high school. Once I encountered anything approaching good pitching though, I was among the worst hitters on the team. Anything offspeed would screw me up. I noticed the same thing as an adult when I tried to play goalie in hockey; I was probably a full half second behind every shot to react. :)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww, yer sweet.

Well I was useless. Decent speed and fielding ability, and I played 3B and OF in LL and high school. Once I encountered anything approaching good pitching though, I was among the worst hitters on the team. Anything offspeed would screw me up. I noticed the same thing as an adult when I tried to play goalie in hockey; I was probably a full half second behind every shot to react. :)
I was a high strikeout, low walk total, high home run total type of hitter. Coaches always put me at first base because I could scoop the short hop better than anyone else on the team, but if it wasn’t hit right to me, I probably wasn’t stopping, which was probably also why I played first base since lefties were a rarity

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can fill every team. Might not be MLB quality players, but I’d quit my good job right now if I had the chance to play 60 games at the MLB level.

Didn’t just hundreds of minor leaguers lose their jobs? I’m pretty certain they wouldn’t have an issue finding players.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Blackmon can break some kind of home/away splits record in the shortened season.

There is a better chance the Orioles having a winning record then this ^^ happening

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a better chance the Orioles having a winning record then this ^^ happening

giphy.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love MLB for this clause that allows the commish to basically say "fuck you, play, show up or we replace you" more or less.

kudos.

A clause that "allows" them to "force" the players to play... under the terms that both sides already voluntarily agreed to back in March. It's just genius, that sneaky sneaky clause :wink:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A clause that "allows" them to "force" the players to play... under the terms that both sides already voluntarily agreed to back in March. It's just genius, that sneaky sneaky clause :wink:
who said it was sneaky? i'll hold my breath.

i DID say i like the clause, which i do. and he can force them, which is what he did. they dont show, they bring in minor leaguers.

i'll wait for my 'sneaky' verbatim quote.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for FL & AZ... Early on they were talking about playing the entire season down there... Now, they're not even going for spring training (summer training)....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love MLB for this clause that allows the commish to basically say "fuck you, play, show up or we replace you" more or less.

kudos.
Hey if they want me to play and pay me what ballplayers earn a year then they won’t have to twist my arm. I’m so tired of hearing these millionaires griping about how tough they’ve got it

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said it was sneaky? i'll hold my breath.

i DID say i like the clause, which i do. and he can force them, which is what he did. they dont show, they bring in minor leaguers.

i'll wait for my 'sneaky' verbatim quote.

I guess my point was that I don't really see how this couldn't have been done anyway in the absence of any clause. IANAL but it seems like a simple matter of contract law.