• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the MLB Season begin!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry true MLB fans, et al.

For me I just can not dig my heals into the MLB season until both the NBA and NHL seasons are done. I have probably been a Dodgers fan second to all sports for the majority of my life (Rams are No. !) yet over the last 20 years or so I've been sidelined and distracted by the outcome of these two sports.

I know it is a sad tale and for you die hards just not good enough.... but none the less, it was fitting that last night I really got down with my Dodgers and coveted the win from start to finish for the first time all season and yes for me a win against the hated ones.

Yes, of course I've peeked at more than just a few innings on more than a few games throughout the season and the start of the season is always a blast but when the NBA and the NHL start their playoffs I get pulled away a bit and feel a little ashamed and un-loyal to say the least.

Just wondering if I'm truly in the minority here or if there are more out there like me?

Also wonder how some of you die hards feel about the Johnny come lately's like me?

Don't worry, I can take it however I don't think I'm alone. Who here is bold enough to stand with me?

If you're with me, step right up folks and let the season begin!!!!

What?????

We are in last place and trailing our sorry ass division by 7 games!?!?!?!

Oh well at least those Anaheim Angles suck ass more than we do! (Even if it is only a half a frickin game)

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA and NHL in my town sucked this year (and others), so I don't subscribe to your theory...but see where you are coming from. Welcome to baseball season, wish I had been playing you in fantasy baseball up to this point! :pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow the NBA and/or NHL, I think the more sane approach is the one that you take. Baseball is SUPER long, and each game means next to nothing compared to each game in the other leagues.

Personally, I do not follow the NBA or NHL in any way shape or form. I am a Giants/Baseball guy, and I casually follow football and MMA. Therefore, baseball is a 13-month a year sport for me.

I am the psycho out-lier, though.

:suds: to your sanity, sir.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry true MLB fans, et al.

For me I just can not dig my heals into the MLB season until both the NBA and NHL seasons are done. I have probably been a Dodgers fan second to all sports for the majority of my life (Rams are No. !) yet over the last 20 years or so I've been sidelined and distracted by the outcome of these two sports.

I know it is a sad tale and for you die hards just not good enough.... but none the less, it was fitting that last night I really got down with my Dodgers and coveted the win from start to finish for the first time all season and yes for me a win against the hated ones.

Yes, of course I've peeked at more than just a few innings on more than a few games throughout the season and the start of the season is always a blast but when the NBA and the NHL start their playoffs I get pulled away a bit and feel a little ashamed and un-loyal to say the least.

Just wondering if I'm truly in the minority here or if there are more out there like me?

Also wonder how some of you die hards feel about the Johnny come lately's like me?

Don't worry, I can take it however I don't think I'm alone. Who here is bold enough to stand with me?

If you're with me, step right up folks and let the season begin!!!!

What?????

We are in last place and trailing our sorry ass division by 7 games!?!?!?!

Oh well at least those Anaheim Angles suck ass more than we do! (Even if it is only a half a frickin game)

For me, life stops until the NBA playoffs are over. Couldn't care less about baseball until after the NBA finals.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know HammerDown is big Padres fan, I wonder how he feels about this. It is a bit of a tight rope walk if you ask me for those who are follow all sports passionately.

BTW - calsnowskier I can't wait for the Kershaw v Lincecum matchup tonight. Last night should have been a breeze after we had that 3 run lead but y'all made it into a nail biter in the 9th after our relief came out with the gas can!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow the NBA and/or NHL, I think the more sane approach is the one that you take. Baseball is SUPER long, and each game means next to nothing compared to each game in the other leagues.Personally, I do not follow the NBA or NHL in any way shape or form. I am a Giants/Baseball guy, and I casually follow football and MMA. Therefore, baseball is a 13-month a year sport for me.

Could be true, but also depending on your team, you can find yourself coming into baseball season after NHL/NBA are over and see your team is already like 20-42. Basiscally season over and the next 4 months is brutal.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true, but also depending on your team, you can find yourself coming into baseball season after NHL/NBA are over and see your team is already like 20-42. Basiscally season over and the next 4 months is brutal.

:agree:

But for people like me, I love the intensity of the NBA playoffs. After the Hawks, Grizzlies and Pacers are out I do start getting into baseball, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow the NBA and/or NHL, I think the more sane approach is the one that you take. Baseball is SUPER long, and each game means next to nothing compared to each game in the other leagues.

Personally, I do not follow the NBA or NHL in any way shape or form. I am a Giants/Baseball guy, and I casually follow football and MMA. Therefore, baseball is a 13-month a year sport for me.

This. :nod:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how would following your craptastic team at t beginning if te year change anything? Typically, if you end up 20-42, there was some expectation to be a bad team, so following from April first would be the same.