• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leighton waived.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of the significance of this. Does he go down? Nobody will claim him because of the contract. The problem come in if they try to recall him. Thats how we got him last year. His back must still be an issue.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't know much about the two-way contract status of leighton, maybe anderwho can fill us in on the specifics of that. i would feel much better if bob could start dominating again. right now i am so confused by this, he must still be hurt, though if this is the case a team will only pick him up pending he passes a physical, and that wouldnt happen.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had a two-way contract, or if he was hurt, he wouldn't have to go through waivers. This is a move that shows Holmgren made a decision about his goalies, or it's a precursor to a move that requires more cap space.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had a two-way contract, or if he was hurt, he wouldn't have to go through waivers. This is a move that shows Holmgren made a decision about his goalies, or it's a precursor to a move that requires more cap space.

this.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Ander. A two-way contract for someone his age only would apply to how he gets paid. I don't see how this is so surprising. THey have the goalie of the future in Bob. They have a capable backup willing to be one in Boosh. Leighton lied to the team about his injury, and will have to deal with leg numbness all year. On top of this, he needs a few weeks to be in top shape. Now they can send him down to play. If he gets picked up, they lose the cap hit and the cost. If he goes to the AHL, he can come back up for the playoffs if necessary. He isn't vital to qualifying for the post season.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't like a goalie roation. Boucher has been fine of late and Bob has lost a few. Right now they are better than what I saw against the Ducks. He will obviously get healthier, but I like what we have over 100% Leighton.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like ProppRules touched on...Leighton lied. That kind of shit really sticks it to a GM. Homer had to make it appear as if he gave Leighton every opp to regain his spot on the roster so he could waive him without fear of a liable case down the road.

Of course that's not all that was in Holmgren's mind when he waived him and he'd never admit it publicly, but I can guarantee you that it was a major factor.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer made the safe move Bob and Boosh are playing fine right now why break up a good thing plus Boosh is cheaper. I was only hoping that he could get a draft pick for Leights but I guess no bites....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned that they could bring him up if necessary in the playoffs without losing him on re-entry waivers is this true? If so its nice to have him as a back up plan and he can work on his game plus get healthy in the meantime. Maybe even develop some value so Philly can get a draft pick in return over the summer....