• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leighton Continues to Dominate the AHL

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L to Holmgren. The guy is a master contract negotiator (Giroux at 3.75 through age 25?! HOW?!) and is feast or famine when it comes to trades, but sending Leighton to the minors is probably the worst thing he could have done this season. Bobrovsky sucks, Boucher isn't far behind in that category, but Leighton continues to rack up stats. Compare:

Leighton: 2.30 GAA, .921 sv% playing for by far the worst team in the league.
Bobrovsky: 2.58 GAA, .915 sv% playing for the best team in the East.
Boucher: 2.43 GAA, .915 sv% playing behind the best defense in the league.

That's night and day in the goalie world, and I haven't even mentioned his THREE shutouts, which is 3 more than Bobrovsky and Boucher have this year. For comparison, Henrik Lundqvist has a 2.34 GAA and .921 sv%. That's right; the Flyers have a goalie putting up better numbers than Henrik Lundqvist right now, but they decided he wasn't good enough to play for them. Once more, :L to Holmgren. You told us in the offseason you would address the goaltending issue, and clearly you meant you would make it worse. Thanks for that. Just subtract another year from Timonen and Pronger's window of opportunity because these 2 goalies are taking the team no where fast, save perhaps for the golf course.

/rant.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rant. I agree not sure why he was so quick to get rid of Leighton. Shit it's all water under the bridge right now though. All we can hope for is that this team can find the will to want to dominate and win once again. If all the key players can tighten up, they could still win it all. The pieces are there I just wonder where the freakin heart went.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but since this situation can't be changed why do we continue to throw boucher out there considering him and bobrovsky are putting up the sames stats and BOB is 15 years younger? i'm not saying BOB is better but why continue to waste our time with bouch, it was only a matter of time until he became the bouch we've seen many times. i will say, that i have seen flyers goalies be pathetic in shootouts but last night he had the mobility of a wooden pole.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree at all. Leighton lied about his injury and the Flyers gave him a new contract. While he was out both of the other goalies got hot as hell. Homer made the logical move. I'm glad Leighton is doing well but let's not forget that he's playing against AHL talent.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the lying incident prior to the contract should have been enough for the organization to ship him anywhere they want to.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Leighton and his agent.

The lying scumbags duped Homer, so who fucking cares if he has/had 20 straight shut out games. It's a matter of principle and integrity.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree at all. Leighton lied about his injury and the Flyers gave him a new contract. While he was out both of the other goalies got hot as hell. Homer made the logical move. I'm glad Leighton is doing well but let's not forget that he's playing against AHL talent.

how did it take this long for this comment to be made? his stats are marginally better than booshovsky, against players that are an entire league worse. he went to the stanley cup final, no shit he's dominating the MINOR LEAGUES. and comparing him to henrik, come on ander, you're better than that i know you are.

and it's ridiculous to make this decision in hind-sight.. BOTH goalies were on fire when leighton returned from injury. if leighton had stayed up you would've had your rant then, since he went down immediately your rant was pushed back

that being said, i wouldn't be opposed to having him around now, neither of the NHL goalies we have are playing well right now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and by the way, that's only good for 9th GAA and SV% in the AHL.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats why they call it the AHL...hope he enjoys the all star status in the minors...so good no one picked him off waivers...as i remember he let in one of the worst goals in Flyer playoff history...Im please with bob fast can stand on his head...he will lead us into the playoffs...and if he falters...boosh the veteran leader will be there to take us deeper...Turn overs offensively and defensively over the last month have cost the Flyers not goaltending...Last night against the Stars bob was nothing short of amazing...its stretch time...Flyers looked like the playoff team they can be...send leighton the MVP team award...AHL superstar...congrats...

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Thats why they call it the AHL...hope he enjoys the all star status in the minors...so good no one picked him off waivers...as i remember he let in one of the worst goals in Flyer playoff history...Im please with bob fast can stand on his head...he will lead us into the playoffs...and if he falters...boosh the veteran leader will be there to take us deeper...Turn overs offensively and defensively over the last month have cost the Flyers not goaltending...Last night against the Stars bob was nothing short of amazing...its stretch time...Flyers looked like the playoff team they can be...send leighton the MVP team award...AHL superstar...congrats...

exactly